The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's more important than this knowledge though, seriously? Honest question: Would you rather live in a mirage designed to keep you forever ignorant and powerless, or would you rather live in reality, with actual agency in the future for not just your country but yourself?

That to me is a fundamental question that extends beyond all partisanship or politics. The leader of the free world, as you rightly stated, should lead people to freedom, not continued servitude of unseen masters, should they not? Even if that means breaking with tradition (especially when those traditions are meant to manipulate/control you), isn't that the job description?  

Yes, the media is horrible, with few exceptions.  Many peaple, including myself, know this.  I choose to ignore them for the most part, get my information from as unbiased outlets as possible and I move on with my life.  If that's the most important thing to you ok.  Moving on...

Knowledge is important.  Fact-based knowledge.  You argue for it in one breath and excuse Trump's propensity to disseminate knowledge that he doesn't possess in the next.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

imo He said it to bait the press into doing precisely what they did: deny common knowledge so even those people not paying attention hear about it. 

Trump's single biggest accomplishment of his first term in my opinion is his exposure of just how much the establishment media curates our reality. That's a very powerful, and empowering, realization to make as an individual. Trump facilitates that better than most anyone, even among those people who dislike him immensely. 

That's a pretty tangible thing that he accomplished.  And exactly what he ran on.  All the other stuff he ran (Mexico paying for static border security, use of eminent domain to take property from private landowners to accomplish Mexican-backed static border security, improving healthcare, 6% GDP growth, more manufacturing jobs for Americans, exhausting winning) can wait until the next term, right?

7 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Covid 19?  Inject disinfectant and put ultraviolet lights inside your body, problem solved.???

Dumbest thing I've heard since asking if the flu shot would help. 

The guy in charge is so out to lunch it's scary. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm sure it is, considering your priorities. No big deal.  While you might enjoy this accomplishment, an ongoing pissing match with the press may be self-satisfying for him, but it is an extremely unpresidential look. It's like he's so insecure, he needs to bring himself down to their level. Like, you're the ***** leader of the free world. Why do it? It's the same crap he pulls on Twitter. He should be better than that.

I’ve never understood this.  Let’s take the war waged on freedom waved by the DOJ/FBI, and propped up by prominent members of the establishment media against President Trump.  

What’s the appropriate presidential demeanor when you’re accused of treason, and you feel the National press is in on the assault?  We can break it down by year if you prefer.  What does one say in year one, obviously thinking no one will actually believe this absurd story.  Soon though, you find it engulfing 25% of your administration.  By year two, would you expect the presidential demeanor to shift a bit, become more relaxed as 50% of your administration wasted away?  Year three, as the scandal of a potentially treasonous American president moved ever forward, taking valuable time away from the things you were hoping to accomplish, 75% of the most important job in the world wasting away, allegations, fbi raids, governmental tyranny at its worst, how would one normally act at that stage?  

Who is an exemplary Presidential president in your mind, and what scandal would you suggest they weathered that compared to “Trump is guilty of treason?”.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

FIND THIS GUY'S CLIP!!

Bleach kills it in 5 minutes, isopropyl alcohol kills in in 30 seconds

Trump - asking about hitting the body with a light, or inside the body with a light. They will be testing that.  Trump also asking about disinfectant in the lungs. The guy said they will be testing that.

I had to find this clip. What a moron! Drinking 8 oz of bleach will also end your battle with Covid-19. So will cooking yourself for 2 minutes in a microwave. There are a lot of ways to deal with Covid-19.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

I had to find this clip. What a moron! Drinking 8 oz of bleach will also end your battle with Covid-19. So will cooking yourself for 2 minutes in a microwave. There are a lot of ways to deal with Covid-19.

Here's the quote:

“Then I see the disinfectant, one minute. Is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it’d be interesting to check that so that you’ll have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds interesting to me. So we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, where it goes in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Dumbest thing I've heard since asking if the flu shot would help. 

The guy in charge is so out to lunch it's scary. 

Just an FYI, people who survived the Russian flu seemed to fare better against the Spanish flu.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Yes, the media is horrible, with few exceptions.  Many peaple, including myself, know this.  I choose to ignore them for the most part, get my information from as unbiased outlets as possible and I move on with my life.  If that's the most important thing to you ok.  Moving on...

Knowledge is important.  Fact-based knowledge.  You argue for it in one breath and excuse Trump's propensity to disseminate knowledge that he doesn't possess in the next.

Saying Trump is exposing the media's role in cultivating our reality doesn't mean I'm saying everything Trump says is true or truthful. That's never been something I've believed or stated. What I believe, and what I often have said before, is that individual discernment is needed. That means using it to vet every piece of information you ingest, especially from politicians and Trump. 

As an example, using my own discernment: it's entirely unsurprising that a person as narcissistic as Trump is (everyone who runs for president is by definition a narcissist, but Trump was one long before he won office), who's a salesman by nature (and from NYC of all places) overstates his "tremendousness" whenever he can. It's both innate in his nature and an automatic defense/deflection mechanism I recognize in many, many New Yorkers. 

What is surprising to me is that the media would lie about something so commonly known that even me, a non-virologist or MD, knew it. Because that makes me wonder, if they'd lie about that -- so blatantly -- what else would they lie about? 

(And I understand and accept we are of different minds on this issue -- just expounding a bit. :beer: )

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

The Post added that the president claimed nearly 100 times that his phone call with Zelensky was “perfect,” a claim deemed false or misleading due to alarms raised by White House officials. 

I think someone has way too much time on their hands. ?

WHO I guess delete videos on youtube when criticize them.  ***** them.  Partnership with youtube I guess.

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Fake news.  I post lots of serious stuff.  And I am fulfilled. 

Thousands, for sure, as of the start of this year:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479041-fact-checker-counts-16k-false-misleading-claims-by-trump-in-three

April.  He tried to wish it away by April.  Last I checked, it's still here. 

What would Pelosi do? Go to China town? Eat ice cream? Support abortions (hide something loophole in stimulus )  over people suffering get real man. While people losing there jobs. Small business but if you want to support Nancy Pelosi ice cream.  That's awful.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Covid 19?  Inject disinfectant and put ultraviolet lights inside your body, problem solved.???

He needs to stop doing the daily press conferences because the bad days of a rambling, tired old man at the podium are starting to out number the decent days where you get a sense he's got things somewhat under control.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

WHO I guess delete videos on youtube when criticize them.  ***** them.  Partnership with youtube I guess.

What would Pelosi do? Go to China town? Eat ice cream? Support abortions (hide something loophole in stimulus )  over people suffering get real man. While people losing there jobs. Small business but if you want to support Nancy Pelosi ice cream.  That's awful.

We’ll never know what a right-wing boogeyperson would have done.   But we know that Trump did.  Or didn’t do.  And that’s take this situation seriously.  It was never a hoax.  It was never going to be wished away.  And those are things that trump simply can’t undo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Coronavirus: Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

US President Donald Trump has been lambasted by the medical community after suggesting research into whether coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body.

He also appeared to propose irradiating patients' bodies with UV light, an idea dismissed by a doctor at the briefing.

Another of his officials had moments earlier said sunlight and disinfectant were known to kill the infection.

Mr Trump's own public health agencies warn against bleach as a medicine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

I just don't even understand what the man is doing. Does he have a psychological condition or something? What in the absolute !@#$.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Coronavirus: Trump suggests injecting disinfectant as treatment

US President Donald Trump has been lambasted by the medical community after suggesting research into whether coronavirus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into the body.

He also appeared to propose irradiating patients' bodies with UV light, an idea dismissed by a doctor at the briefing.

Another of his officials had moments earlier said sunlight and disinfectant were known to kill the infection.

Mr Trump's own public health agencies warn against bleach as a medicine.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

I just don't even understand what the man is doing. Does he have a psychological condition or something? What in the absolute !@#$.

Did...  did you just unironically post this not 10 posts down from claiming the news media to be garbage?

A person would need to have an IQ below that of a cabbage to believe that the President suggested injecting bleach or that UV therapy could treat the virus.

Sunlight is good for boosting the immune system.  Disinfectants kill the virus on surfaces.

The press is suggesting the President meant something he did not, which is par for the course.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1