The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Heavy doses of Fox News will suppress the virus.  Gotta be it. 

Your next serious post will be your first. Maybe you would have felt more fulfilled if you had went to clown school instead of law school.

26 minutes ago, Cinga said:

NY is currently at 15740 so try that again, but try it on a real calculator cause your ain't working right ?

You better call up worldometers.info and tell them they wrote down an extra 5121 deaths for NYS because they have it at 20861.

Where are you seeing only 15740?

I see now that different sites are reporting wildly different mortality.  Anyone know the source of the discrepancy?  33% difference is ridiculous...

Maybe they're including the "probable" cases of Covid-19 death, but other sites only the "confirmed".

Good to know.

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Like, around the time the virus was a hoax and we had 15 cases moving toward zero. 

If Trump was the true total lying ***** up as many of you say he is wouldn’t you have a lot more than this line that you and Q-tip like to incessantly drag out?  Come on man.  If he’s that bad there should be dozens/Hundreds/MILLIONS!! 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Now that Trump has said perhaps injecting disinfectant into the human body would stop the virus, you have to wonder if he is smart enough to tie his own shoes.

I inject alcohol everyday. Isn’t that a disinfectant?

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I haven't been taking my zinc. Friggin hoarders. I haven't gotten sick either. What are your conclusions, doctor?

No one wants to be around you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Your next serious post will be your first. Maybe you would have felt more fulfilled if you had went to clown school instead of law school.

Fake news.  I post lots of serious stuff.  And I am fulfilled. 

44 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If Trump was the true total lying ***** up as many of you say he is wouldn’t you have a lot more than this line that you and Q-tip like to incessantly drag out?  Come on man.  If he’s that bad there should be dozens/Hundreds/MILLIONS!! 

Thousands, for sure, as of the start of this year:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479041-fact-checker-counts-16k-false-misleading-claims-by-trump-in-three

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Press: will social distancing be extended?
Trump: we will see

Trump: I once mentioned it goes away with heat and light, and the #fakenews didn't like that, but now it seems like it may be the case.

April.  He tried to wish it away by April.  Last I checked, it's still here. 

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I haven't been taking my zinc. Friggin hoarders. I haven't gotten sick either. What are your conclusions, doctor?

The word on the street is that you have been diagnosed with Small Cox. 

(Apoogies, that is a staple amongst my peers and colleagues for 4 decades a s still draws a laugh now and again.  And yes, my peers and colleagues = my dopey but lovable friends.)

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The word on the street is that you have been diagnosed with Small Cox. 

(Apoogies, that is a staple amongst my peers and colleagues for 4 decades a s still draws a laugh now and again.  And yes, my peers and colleagues = my dopey but lovable friends.)

Probably better than being diagnosed with Bryan Cox.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Don't most viruses do worse in the heat? He's not really going out on a limb there.

That’s the point though, Gene. When he said it, it was “common virology knowledge” more or less. Despite this, the media claimed it was made up. They called a basic fact “dangerous”. 

THAT’S the takeaway. The media is not an ally of truth. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That’s the point though, Gene. When he said it, it was “common virology knowledge” more or less. Despite this, the media claimed it was made up. They called a basic fact “dangerous”. 

THAT’S the takeaway. The media is not an ally of truth. 

While true for most viruses, it's not true for every virus. Why even say things like this (HCQ) until we knows for certain? What's the benefit? To say he was right and gain votes or feed his ego? Otherwise, it's redundant at best.

While not particularly harmful in this case, it's his way of being and it comes off as childish, anti-scientific and self-serving. I expect more from the President. He should be an example for all instead of someone you have to make excuses for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Keep doubting it despite mounting evidence:

but let's enjoy our first real day of live sports respite in more than a month and a half. :beer:

You are wrong on virtually everything you post :D.

However, you are a brother Bills fan... Here's hoping to a good draft and, hopefully, a good season :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

While true for most viruses, it's not true for every virus. Why even say things like this (HCQ) until we knows for certain? What's the benefit? To say he was right and gain votes or feed his ego? Otherwise, it's redundant at best.

While not particularly harmful in this case, it's his way of being and it comes off as childish, anti-scientific and self-serving. I expect more from the President. He should be an example for all instead of someone you have to make excuses for.

imo He said it to bait the press into doing precisely what they did: deny common knowledge so even those people not paying attention hear about it. 

Trump's single biggest accomplishment of his first term in my opinion is his exposure of just how much the establishment media curates our reality. That's a very powerful, and empowering, realization to make as an individual. Trump facilitates that better than most anyone, even among those people who dislike him immensely. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

imo He said it to bait the press into doing precisely what they did: deny common knowledge so even those people not paying attention hear about it. 

Trump's single biggest accomplishment of his first term in my opinion is his exposure of just how much the establishment media curates our reality. That's a very powerful, and empowering, realization to make as an individual. Trump facilitates that better than most anyone, even among those people who dislike him immensely. 

I'm sure it is, considering your priorities. No big deal.  While you might enjoy this accomplishment, an ongoing pissing match with the press may be self-satisfying for him, but it is an extremely unpresidential look. It's like he's so insecure, he needs to bring himself down to their level. Like, you're the ***** leader of the free world. Why do it? It's the same crap he pulls on Twitter. He should be better than that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm sure it is, considering your priorities. No big deal.  While you might enjoy this accomplishment, an ongoing pissing match with the press may be self-satisfying for him, but it is an extremely unpresidential look. It's like he's so insecure, he needs to bring himself down to their level. Like, you're the ***** leader of the free world. Why do it? It's the same crap he pulls on Twitter. He should be better than that.

What's more important than this knowledge though, seriously? Honest question: Would you rather live in a mirage designed to keep you forever ignorant and powerless, or would you rather live in reality, with actual agency in the future for not just your country but yourself?

That to me is a fundamental question that extends beyond all partisanship or politics. The leader of the free world, as you rightly stated, should lead people to freedom, not continued servitude of unseen masters, should they not? Even if that means breaking with tradition (especially when those traditions are meant to manipulate/control you), isn't that the job description?  

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

And what was he saying about drinking bleach or shining a light in people’s bodies? Huh? 

I sure hope hope he keeps giving this press conferences 

• Like (+1) 1