The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 minutes ago, Party Before Country said:

He's been right about everything so far.

The numbers that the governors gave him were WRONG.  He was RIGHT.

The virus numbers are DOWN!  Time to open UP the economy!

Was he right when he said there were 5 cases but the number would just go back to zero?

If so, boy am I relieved. All these stories about Americans dying must be bull from the Lamestream media.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brett Braier is in the press room for Fox today instead of Roberts. Expect a terrible question to follow from him. 

So many bads on fox news. Chris Wallace and Juan Williams are the lead bads, followed by a bunch of screechy harpies.

Brett is definitely on the dem downlow

Edited by Albwan

21 minutes ago, Party Before Country said:

It's just the name of a good song.  Don't read into it so much.

If you plan on posting here that screen name will cause you all kinds of grief. Of course if you are a democrat it lets people know how you really feel. 

On 4/20/2020 at 9:08 AM, 3rdnlng said:

That's on par with asking how a hot fudge sundae and a pothole are connected. Dumbass.

You call me a dumbass, because you think that illegal immigration, the wall, and overstaying a visa are as connected as potholes and hot fudge sundaes??  You might want to look up the definition of dumbass again, and how it may relate to yourself.  

To quote the great Ed Bassmasters, "would ya just look at that":

NIH recommends against combining hydroxychloroquine with Z-Pak to treat COVID-19

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/494012-nih-recommends-against-combining-hydroxychloroquine-with-z-pak-to-treat

COVID-19 treatment hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit, more deaths in VA virus study

https://www.foxnews.com/science/covid-19-hydroxychloroquine-showed-no-benefit-more-deaths-va-virus-study

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

The last two paragraphs I agree with and the hospital tents built by that national guards were and a god send.  The mask issue and stock pile issues caught everyone... The need for ventilators and medical supplies was not an Obama care deal... It goes much further back to Clinton and Bush and the way our healthcare is distributed and regulated.  Streamlining and cutting costs have been disjointed at best while healthcare become big business and serving best only those areas with money.

Sure it was but laying blame on WHO when our medical professional knew better and were telling Trump otherwise and yet he wasnt publically reacting was a bigger problem.

I’ve said this before on a variety of topics.  The government leaks like a sieve, the major news outlets trip over themselves to push the latest anonymous leak like its gospel, only to see it fizzle out and die.  That said...there were no hero’s of the medical community spilling secrets about the wave of death about to come?  60 minutes....CNN......The WaPo all were on the wrong side of this issue?  There were no sources  screaming out to the American people or requesting admittance to a congressional committee?  No brave whistleblower to defeat the empirical tyrant who cares not for the people?  

China, the WORLD Health Organization and the connected mainstream media conspired to &$#@  the American people.   I’m not even certain the MSM did so intentionally, I think generally speaking unfettered ideology leaves them blind to many issues they might otherwise see. 

This much is obvious:  Trump is the imperfect and stunningly unlikely hero of the American people yet again. I always laugh when he says “People are saying they never thought it could be done...they’ve never seen anything like it!”.  All true. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

New single day high in deaths although it may be lagged reporting from weekend.  I'm hoping this is the plateau. 

Who needs charts when you have Trump:

It peaked around Easter  :  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-coronavirus-to-peak-around-easter-slams-pelosi-criticism-in-fox-friends-interview

We passed the peak on April 15th:   https://video.foxnews.com/v/6149725289001#sp=show-clips

50 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

New single day high in deaths although it may be lagged reporting from weekend.  I'm hoping this is the plateau. 

We should open but man should we be careful about it. 3000 deaths/day in an open economy even with precautions seems like it would be almost a certainty, especially come the colder weather. I hope that we have some treatments by then.   

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

We should open but man should we be careful about it. 3000 deaths/day in an open economy even with precautions seems like it would be almost a certainty, especially come the colder weather. I hope that we have some treatments by then.   

It appears the number of actual cases/ infections are extremely underreported. The death numbers are even more skewed by NYC and NJ , where the fatalities are much higher than other regions. People are going to continue to take precautions, so I don’t think that number of deaths is anywhere near a certainty. Hopefully there are effective treatments long before a vaccine. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It appears the number of actual cases/ infections are extremely underreported. The death numbers are even more skewed by NYC and NJ , where the fatalities are much higher than other regions. People are going to continue to take precautions, so I don’t think that number of deaths is anywhere near a certainty. Hopefully there are effective treatments long before a vaccine. 

Pneumonia is hard to treat, and with rona it can go from bad to worse real fast.  I'm hoping for testing that will at least take those infected out of the equation as much and as fast as possible.  No one knows much right now, so we can only hope to mitigate it as much as possible.  Like shoshin said, cold weather could elevate this to another level, so all possible measures had better be in place by then.

2 hours ago, Troll Toll said:

Thanks so much @Buffalo_Gal for posting the briefing notes every day! I don’t always get to catch them because of work and you really do a tremendous job filling me in!

I don’t get much time to read her notes but I did I’d much rather read her notes than listen to Donny Boy. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Your assumptions about this have no basis in reality. They’re based on a false choice, a false hope. Lockdowns and staying home another 4-8 weeks isn’t likely to save many if any lives. It will simply change the date of illness and probably of death. Not only are we not building herd immunity while shuttered indoors, but we’re tanking the economy even further into the abyss. We won’t be any meaningful measure safer from Covid 19 in two to three months than we are now. Coronavirus is now part of our overall landscape, whether or not you want to admit it to yourself. Yes, more people are going to die from this. There won’t be a vaccine anytime soon; perhaps not ever. Treatments will eventually emerge, but the economy isn’t designed to shut down for an extended period of time, nor is government set up to continually pay it’s citizenry to be idle. No, Covid19 will now just have to be factored into our daily risk tolerance. Some may stay holed up in a cave for years or whatever, but most will eventually say they’d rather go on with their lives and do what they wish. There were large gatherings and sports events, theaters and bars in previous eras where the risk of disease and death were far greater. Indeed, life expectancy was much shorter largely due to disease. 

Are you a doctor? An infectious disease expert? A scientist of any kind?

Why is it that all the experts disagree with your careless piss-in-the-wind attitude?

This pandemic is really exposing how disturbing and misguided the populist movement as a whole really is with its wild mistrust of "elites" and "experts" and "science," and the constant and grating cherry-picking populists do to demonstrate why ALL of it is bad.

Just because your Meteorologist told you it would be a sunny day and it's raining doesn't mean no one should believe their weather man.

Pretty clearly, we need the elites, the experts, and the scientists. They know what they're doing and have earned these titles typically through years of experience and wisdom that you simply don't have, unless you answered yes to any of the questions above.

So go back to playing Go-fish or Jenga and let the experts provide guidance on how to open the Country.

Or just move to Georgia.

The Governor there sounds like your kinda guy. You can go back out to movies and the gym again and even get a haircut. Who cares what those experts say, right?

Some of you are going to be absolutely pulling your testicle hair out in the next handful of years as the country incorporates more progressive policies, which is almost an inevitability at this point once Trump is voted out of office in November. And looks more and more likely it'll be a blue Senate, too.

But no, you don't just carelessly throw lives away the way some of you want. Amazing that's been the push from Faux News and its allies in conservative media.

Just a well-oiled stupid machine over there.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Reporting someone stealing a car: ok

Reporting someone selling heroin: ok

Reporting someone playing loud music at midnight: ok

Reporting someone fudging their taxes: ok

Reporting someone driving drunk who hit a child: ok

Reporting someone spreading a deadly virus: SNITCH!

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Reporting someone stealing a car: ok

Reporting someone selling heroin: ok

Reporting someone playing loud music at midnight: ok

Reporting someone fudging their taxes: ok

Reporting someone driving drunk who hit a child: ok

Reporting someone spreading a deadly virus: SNITCH!

Yes, I just reported seeing these guys at Gristedes. Look at that cloud of covid they’re  kicking up!

image.jpeg.3c337b65549976ba0b01ca3745c1a85f.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Are you a doctor? An infectious disease expert? A scientist of any kind?

Why is it that all the experts disagree with your careless piss-in-the-wind attitude?

This pandemic is really exposing how disturbing and misguided the populist movement as a whole really is with its wild mistrust of "elites" and "experts" and "science," and the constant and grating cherry-picking populists do to demonstrate why ALL of it is bad.

Just because your Meteorologist told you it would be a sunny day and it's raining doesn't mean no one should believe their weather man.

Pretty clearly, we need the elites, the experts, and the scientists. They know what they're doing and have earned these titles typically through years of experience and wisdom that you simply don't have, unless you answered yes to any of the questions above.

So go back to playing Go-fish or Jenga and let the experts provide guidance on how to open the Country.

Or just move to Georgia.

The Governor there sounds like your kinda guy. You can go back out to movies and the gym again and even get a haircut. Who cares what those experts say, right?

Some of you are going to be absolutely pulling your testicle hair out in the next handful of years as the country incorporates more progressive policies, which is almost an inevitability at this point once Trump is voted out of office in November. And looks more and more likely it'll be a blue Senate, too.

But no, you don't just carelessly throw lives away the way some of you want. Amazing that's been the push from Faux News and its allies in conservative media.

Just a well-oiled stupid machine over there.

Are you a doctor or scientist ? Infectious disease expert, Mr Transplant Jengafish? Scientists and Medical experts are just that; they’re not economists. Those are two different things. Just what medical experts say that Coronavirus is going away any time soon ? That an effective vaccine is imminent ? And what “ progressive policies” are you referring to? Mass transit to spread disease? Less people working and more on Government assistance , to go with less freedom ?  What did people do in America when there were no vaccines for a lot of diseases ? Fortunately for all of us ( yes, even “ progressives”) our previous generations were not going to live in fear and let the government limit their daily lives. Trump will be re-elected in November, but don’t worry. You’ll still be free to hide under a rock until you feel it’s safe to come out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1