The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

This seems to be a "thread the needle plan" in darned if you do and darned if you don’t situation.

It gives time for more testing and scaled responses and give some space to minimize any rebounds.

For the “data driven” critics, it reflects the realities on the ground...states and areas least affected can move ahead.

For the states areas most impacted, they need to go slower while therapeutics, med resources, and supplies focus there.

There will be an inherent pressure in most areas to “get going”...states and cities that appear to be going too slow and dragging their feet will stick out like sore thumbs.

There will be more responses from regular folks like in Michigan when it appears there is no valid reason for not opening up.

Given his personality, it would be likely President Trump would highlight any area that appears to be lagging.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

You're aware that this has been signed off on by the doctors, some of whom don't like trump, right?

I’m not arguing. I wasn’t being sarcastic. I accept it. It is what it is. Like I said before I don’t have the answers and hopefully I’m way off that this thing spreads even worse the second time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I have stayed away from this forum for a long time, and most know my politics...tonight was important for our country. Trump was up to it so far. Fantastic job. 

I was giving you a smart-ass reaction, but changed it because that really was good of you to say that @plenzmd1

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, Justice said:

I’m not arguing. I wasn’t being sarcastic. I accept it. It is what it is. Like I said before I don’t have the answers and hopefully I’m way off that this thing spreads even worse the second time. 

I hope you're right too - but the way they're talking about monitoring this thing over the next indefinite period of time, they will be able to selectively ***** down what they need to, in all likelihood, smoother than this first time.

We are a lot better at this stuff than we were in 1919.

• Like (+1) 1

Right on cue, Trump just swatted down “New Normal” question.

“No, it’ll be NORMAL!”

He just refused to tell us not to protest

EVvpk4nWAAAHhFq?format=jpg&name=small

People have had it and hopefully the Covid19 flu will burn itself out soon (4-6 weeks)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Justice said:

And that’s my concern. Once we open it all up again they will be overwhelmed. Oh well. It is what it is. No easy answers here. 

Not if people adopt smart and safe practices.  And protect yourself first, don't expect others to protect themselves from you.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not if people adopt smart and safe practices.  And protect yourself first, don't expect others to protect themselves from you.

I’ll do my part 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Being self sustaining is not a bad thing. Telling millions of unemployed people who live in urban areas to just start hunting and growing their own food Is obtuse.

I'm not sure that self sustaining includes food banks and unemployment though. I tried to put a pencil to it but I ran out of lead. Couldn't find anyplace that had lead either.

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is hoping that something will be happening onthat $250B SBA funding. Democrats like it, Republicans love it, we are negotiating with the Democrats.

Asked by the press which states will be opening, Trump said that he will allow the governors to announce it themselves.

I found out today I was a victim of red tape, system issues and a local credit union that wanted the standard to be higher than the PPP required.   My complaint to the CEO of the credit union has me in line for round two, but in some cases, it was a free for all, in others an orderly and excessive ckusterf$ck.

It was an exhilarating, frustrating, painful and ultimately fruitless pursuit.   I’m over simplifying, but indulge me...if a meteor or struck the entirety of the dem leadership while they were black-tie’ing at the Kennedy Center, I’d not be undisappointed.  

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have stayed away from this forum for a long time, and most know my politics...tonight was important for our country. Trump was up to it so far. Fantastic job. 

Plenzy in the house. Welcome back, and thanks for sharing. 

• Thank you (+1) 2