The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: :lol: 

I've been blessed with a voice that can sound quite intimidating (behind a closed door). A few years in radio and doing voice work helped with the projection. I can channel TSW's favorite baritone when needed: 

So....Barnacle Boy?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The beginning of May seems about right.  There will still be those who are fearful, and that’s fine. They can remain hunkered down as long as they like. Others can choose to get back to life and take reasonable precautions. That’s freedom, and it’s what matters most. 

Based on recent news stories Cuomo seems married to the idea of letting 3 incubation cycles past the peak come and go before making a decision.  Each cycle is 2 weeks.  Maybe he has changed his mind on this or is more open minded to a different approach.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

so you’re telling me he was ready for it?

Better question is who was ready for it? Riddle me this?

26 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If you cared about facts - you wouldn’t be a Trump supporter.

And a better answer then this please?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Name one world leader who was. Go.

Arguably, Moon in South Korea, and that's mostly because of what they learned from being slammed by MERS five years earlier.  Even Moon was criticized by the opposition party at the beginning though.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Arguably, Moon in South Korea, and that's mostly because of what they learned from being slammed by MERS five years earlier.  Even Moon was criticized by the opposition party at the beginning though.

A lot of SK health care policy driven by being next door to crap hole NK.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

so you’re telling me he was ready for it?

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

With all due respect - I give two schits about you or your opinions

Then don't ******* ask him for his opinion.

Don't you ever tire of being a tool?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How much energy does it take for these half-wit Trump hating morons to muster?

I mean, can't you people just it a fvcking rest already?

It's tiresome. It really is.

And like I have said MANY times, I am not a Trump supporter, but this hate is helping no one nowhere at any time. I am not saying to love and support the man, I am just saying be fvcking indifferent and live your life like there is no president.

It's old.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Correct. Moon was hammered early on. Then folks started seeing what happened in Western countries and South Korea was an afterthought. I agree, though, that they were the most prepared due to their wonderful neighbors and the daily threats they face. And, as you point out, their experience with MERS.

Here's what's idiotic to me: The same people who blast Trump refuse to blame Merkel. Why? Simple math shows that the number of cases in Germany (per capita) is close to that of the United States. If Germany had 330 million people, they'd have more than 500,000 cases today. Let's look at some of its neighbors, using the same math:

• Spain would have 1.2 million cases 
  • Italy would have 850,000 cases
  • France would have 658,000 cases
  • The UK would have 450,000 cases

Xi is the mother****** who is to blame for this. Singling out any other world leader is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 4

19 hours ago, shoshin said:

Japan and India pop my reasoning though. Japan maybe is culture but that can’t explain 38M people living in Tokyo and the entire country having less than 10 dead a day. And India? They should be getting destroyed. Maybe they are and the data sucks frankly. But if not, that really makes no sense. Korea is another great outlier as we know. 

We need to look at all the outliers and figure out why. Smarter minds are at work on this. 

Perhaps in Japan it is because of two things.  Many Japanese people started wearing face masks routinely several years ago.  Also I could be wrong but I don't think their culture is quite as touchy feely as in Italy or Spain, for instance.  More time communicating with each other via electronics as opposed to in person regular large family gatherings?  I'm just taking a stab at why they might have a lower infection rate...

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo