The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Ban-happy Michigan governor blasted for ‘insane’ overreach in response to coronavirus outbreak (here are several examples)

gretchen-whitmer-trevor-noah.jpg

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is helping prove that some Democrats don’t believe there’s any severe problem that can’t be solved by banning things. So far the list of items that are forbidden from being purchased (even though the rest of the store that you’re in remains open) includes infant car seats and garden seeds:

And if you want to spend your “stay at home” time getting some painting or flooring projects done, don’t even think about it!

Michigan is the test bed to see how much push back TPTB get here. they are probing us.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember being afraid of going to the dentist during the AIDS hysteria.  What's the rationale behind banishing the purchase of garden supplies?

At the Wal Mart here electronics , garden and the auto service are closed so those workers can stock shelves , keep disinfecting . Maybe they have some workers out sick or small kids at home due to schools closed. (I'm in Lockport,NY) 

My wife is the gardener and gets all her seeds online every year.

Edited by ALF

43 minutes ago, ALF said:

Representatives from On Fire Christian Church said they have been hosting drive-in services in the church parking lot for weeks and wanted to host one on Sunday for Easter.

On Fire Christian Church representatives said all cars are parked 6 feet apart, and church members stay in their vehicles during services.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-church-to-sue-mayor-greg-fischer-for-not-allowing-drive-in-services-during-pandemic/article_556a9592-7b79-11ea-bf34-77d40680c1a6.html

I watch  Mass from my church online Sundays . Trump said he would do the same Easter watching a service from Dallas.

It's safe and comfortable  for a short time of the closings not permanent.

as long as there is no grassy knoll in sight, he should be okay.

it's just about ready... are you?

Apple and Google debut Bluetooth-based contact-tracing platform to combat Covid-19...and end privacy?

Apple and Google have unveiled an app – soon to be built into their mobile operating systems – that will trace users’ contacts to fight Covid-19. They insist it will be ‘opt-in’ and respect privacy, but we’ve heard that before.

The tech giants announced they were working together on a Bluetooth-based contact-tracing app on Friday. The platform will debut as an API – a tool programmers can use to integrate the functionality into their own apps – next month, the companies said, and will eventually be built into the iOS and Android operating systems themselves. ...

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Apple and Google debut Bluetooth-based contact-tracing platform to combat Covid-19...and end privacy?

Apple and Google have unveiled an app – soon to be built into their mobile operating systems – that will trace users’ contacts to fight Covid-19. They insist it will be ‘opt-in’ and respect privacy, but we’ve heard that before.

The tech giants announced they were working together on a Bluetooth-based contact-tracing app on Friday. The platform will debut as an API – a tool programmers can use to integrate the functionality into their own apps – next month, the companies said, and will eventually be built into the iOS and Android operating systems themselves. ...

Best line:

Its servers have a 14-day ‘memory’ of devices that have crossed paths. 

The fact that someone would actually write that into the article in such a fashion (as though it was anything but a complete, 100% lie), highlights how completely ignorant, gullible, and/or dishonest pretty much everyone is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Best line:

The fact that someone would actually write that into the article in such a fashion (as though it was anything but a complete, 100% lie), highlights how completely ignorant, gullible, and/or dishonest pretty much everyone is.

Don’t buy Or use the phone if you don’t like it. 

Hopefully we can get an app up and working so we only so this shutdown once. 

21 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Don’t buy Or use the phone if you don’t like it. 

Hopefully we can get an app up and working so we only so this shutdown once. 

Can you buy any phone without Google installed prior to purchase?

58 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I hate the idea of this pandemic being used to end privacy, and I’d really like someone to explain to me the point of contact tracing. Contact tracing is used for containment of disease. Aren’t we past the point of contact tracing when the virus is everywhere? I haven’t read anything discussing this point either. We need to admit we’ve lost this battle as far as containment, and the virus will do what it’s destined to do. I’m in favor of maintaining the lockdown, and keeping people as safe as possible, but contact tracing is meaningless at this point imo. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, LB3 said:

Can you buy any phone without Google installed prior to purchase?

Landline phones, and I think there’s still a couple companies making old school flip phones that just have talk and text. They probably still have GPS tracking software though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Landline phones, and I think there’s still a couple companies making old school flip phones that just have talk and text. They probably still have GPS tracking software though. 

Yep I still have the old flip phone $7 a month. Keep turned off unless I need to make a call away from home. Desktop computer and cable TV for all the rest.  Oh and landline phone 

Edited by ALF

4 hours ago, shoshin said:

Tripling the daily death count over what it normally is in NY is real. 

Covid is crushing a lot of healthcare systems as they drop almost every other patient to try to care for them.

All the above happened in just a couple of months and during a virtual lockdown, where the flu numbers are for a full year with no lockdown. 

Stop comparing this to the flu. It isn’t the flu. 

Neither is foot fungus. The point is lives are being turned upside down by this yet not the flu.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Ban-happy Michigan governor blasted for ‘insane’ overreach in response to coronavirus outbreak (here are several examples)

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is helping prove that some Democrats don’t believe there’s any severe problem that can’t be solved by banning things. So far the list of items that are forbidden from being purchased (even though the rest of the store that you’re in remains open) includes infant car seats and garden seeds:

And if you want to spend your “stay at home” time getting some painting or flooring projects done, don’t even think about it!

The government creates the civil unrest. This is just an example of another click of the ratchet. 

They close the parks. They close the liquor stores. They tell you you can't go outside. They tell you what they think is essential for your family. 99 percent of it is unnecessary. 

The amount of time people are cool with all of this is running out. 

All that Michigan governor is doing is making for a dangerous situation at Walmart, Target, etc. between employees and shoppers. It won't take many weeks of that nonsense before it's Black Friday chaos. 

• Like (+1) 7

33 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I hate the idea of this pandemic being used to end privacy, and I’d really like someone to explain to me the point of contact tracing. Contact tracing is used for containment of disease. Aren’t we past the point of contact tracing when the virus is everywhere? I haven’t read anything discussing this point either. We need to admit we’ve lost this battle as far as containment, and the virus will do what it’s destined to do. I’m in favor of maintaining the lockdown, and keeping people as safe as possible, but contact tracing is meaningless at this point imo. 

If we lost the battle, we’d all be at work. 

Distancing quells this outbreak. Tracing and testing can keep bigger waves from coming. 

9 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Neither is foot fungus. The point is lives are being turned upside down by this yet not the flu.

Because this is more contagious, requires much more care, and is more deadly than the flu. 

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

If Coumo sees this he will try to one up her.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1