The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

God people love to exaggerate and make wild claims.

Video may be real may even be in NY and may be current but that implications of it are laughable, so many dying of CV-19 we are now using mass graves   of MY GOD!!!!!.

Roughly 7,000 people die every day in NYC, I dont think that adding in 850? on top of that would so overwhelm the system.

On top of that the number of "cv-19 deaths" is way over exaggerated.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cdc-admits-to-lying-about-covid-death-totals/

If you die of anything right now and if you are  confirmed of "presumed" CDC (actual wording) then it goes down as a CV-19 death.  So if you die of a heart attack and the whoever fills out the death certificate even suspects you might have CV-19 then it is a CV-19 death.

I think that 7K dying daily in NYC number is off. According to the CDC website, 7800 people died daily in the US in 2018 (last numbers I could find, I posted the link pages ago). That would mean only 800 people died in the rest of the United States every day, which is very unlikely.

However, your "with" turning into "from" is spot on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think that 7K dying daily in NYC number is off. According to the CDC website, 7800 people died daily in the US in 2018 (last numbers I could find, I posted the link pages ago). That would mean only 800 people died in the rest of the United States every day, which is very unlikely.

I've done the math, on average 175 peope die a day in NYC.  Total population is a little over 8 million.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Correct, the US averages between 7,000 - 8,000 deaths per day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

You keep harping on this, and it's misplaced.  It's the reverse application of correlation and causation.  People love to use correlation to inflate the stats, when the causation is usually something else.  In this case, Wuhan virus is the causation of the correlated factors.  Without Wuhan, most of those deaths don't occur. 

Again, if you insist on focusing only on deaths that are only specifically Wuhan related, then please don't compare it to the flu, because the flu virus on its own does not kill a lot of people.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

145 people die on average every day in NYC pre-coronavirus. Your 7,000 stat is not even close to accurate.

Yesterday 518 people died of coronavirus in NYC. 

No matter what point you're making below about over counting (and it runs counter to many reports of undercounting), deaths are running 3+ times normal. There is no system built to deal with that. 

I did the math and yes my (from another source, fake news lol) 7k  is way too high but was really talking metro but your 145 isn't close to accurate either, just in NYC alone for that 145 stat to be accurate the life expectancy of 8.8 million people just in NYC would be over 169 years old.

3 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

I've done the math, on average 175 peope die a day in NYC.  Total population is a little over 8 million.

Using 8.8 mil for NYC that would equate to a life expectancy of 137 yrs old.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

You keep harping on this, and it's misplaced.  It's the reverse application of correlation and causation.  People love to use correlation to inflate the stats, when the causation is usually something else.  In this case, Wuhan virus is the causation of the correlated factors.  Without Wuhan, most of those deaths don't occur. 

Again, if you insist on focusing only on deaths that are only specifically Wuhan related, then please don't compare it to the flu, because the flu virus on its own does not kill a lot of people.

And, I will continue to "harp on this." It is cooking the numbers. Exacerbation of death? Quite possibly. Cause of death? Quite possibly. But, in no way does "with" mean "from" in every death (clarified).

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And, I will continue to "harp on this." It is cooking the numbers. Exacerbation of death? Quite possibly. Cause of death? Quite possibly. But, in no way does "with" mean "from."

If it wasn't for Covid 19 these folks would not have died when they did.

Aren't you also one of the people saying China is undercounting deaths?

Edited by Gary Busey
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And, I will continue to "harp on this." It is cooking the numbers. Exacerbation of death? Quite possibly. Cause of death? Quite possibly. But, in no way does "with" mean "from."

The statistic is "cause" of death.  If not for Covid, the people would not be hospitalized and die at this time.   The contributory factors exacerbate the mortality rate, but many of these people would have chugged along for quite a while with their underlying conditions in check.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GG said:

She didn't compare it to the flu. She was simply stating a fact. Dying "with" is different than dying "from."  It has been acknowledged that everyone who dies and tests positive for COVID-19 is being classified as a COVID-19 death. Unless you attended every death or every person was autopsied, you have absolutely no way of knowing how many of those deaths were a direct cause and effect of the virus.

Why is it legitimate for people to question every other aspect of this virus but not this aspect. The truth is, we will not know until we get a full picture of all deaths, including those that were "from COVID-19" to see how deaths from other causes look against baseline rates

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I did the math and yes my (from another source, fake news lol) 7k  is way too high but was really talking metro but your 145 isn't close to accurate either, just in NYC alone for that 145 stat to be accurate the life expectancy of 8.8 million people just in NYC would be over 169 years old.

Any way you look at the numbers, NYC deaths are below 200/day.   Tell me how 800/day are being cooked?

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Listen , if 7K died every day in NYC, there would be 2.5 million dead every year, and NYC would cease to exist within 5 years.   

On any given normal day, 145-150 die in NYC.  That's the expected capacity of the morgues, funeral homes and cemeteries.  

Why are you bothering to argue stupid statistics, when the one thing you can't fake are real deaths, which are running 4 times normal rates in the tri-state area.  I get it, you are lucky to live in an area that hasn't been affected.  But ***** you for minimizing the pain that people are going through in the 5 boroughs.

I already have admitted my mistake, was it really necessary yo call me a "***** stick", want to discuss like an adult or engage in puerile name calling?

And no i am not minimizing the pain, trying to discuss the realities instead of spreading panic.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The statistic is "cause" of death.  If not for Covid, the people would not be hospitalized and die at this time.   The contributory factors exacerbate the mortality rate, but many of these people would have chugged along for quite a while with their underlying conditions in check.  

Wrong, even confirmed AND "presumed" (again CDC definition) including antecedent &  contributory factors count as a CV-19 death.  Yes some would chug alone for a long time, not doubt.  So if you happen to have the normal flu and die and arent tested it is highly probable you  go down as a CV-19 death.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

She didn't compare it to the flu. She was simply stating a fact. Dying "with" is different from dying "from."  It has been acknowledged that everyone who dies and tests positive for COVID-19 is being classified as a COVID-19 death. You have absolutely no way of knowing how many of those deaths were a direct cause and effect of the virus.

Why is it legitimate for people to question every other aspect of this virus but not this aspect. The truth is, we will not know until we get a full picture of all deaths, including those that were "from COVID-19" to see how deaths from other causes look against baseline rates

Again, the cause is clear, if not for Wuhan these patients wouldn't need intensive care and then die.  These statistics are the same as used for flu and AIDS related deaths, where the virus isn't the primary agent of death.  I find it odd that this is the line of reasoning people would use to stroke a conspiracy.  Hospitalizations are real, ICU stays are real, deaths are real, and all are running at multiples of normal rates in the heavily affected areas.   It's easy to underplay the risk if you happen to be outside the hot zone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

She didn't compare it to the flu. She was simply stating a fact. Dying "with" is different from dying "from."  It has been acknowledged that everyone who dies and tests positive for COVID-19 is being classified as a COVID-19 death. You have absolutely no way of knowing how many of those deaths were a direct cause and effect of the virus.

These have been asked and answered so many times in this thread. 

There is no way to differentiate the with and from.  Any way that has been described can easily be flipped on its head. Even if there are other factors, SARS-CoV-2 accelerated their deaths.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wrong, even confirmed AND "presumed" (again CDC definition) including antecedent &  contributory factors count as a CV-19 death.  Yes some would chug alone for a long time, not doubt.  So if you happen to have the normal flu and die and arent tested it is highly probable you  go down as a CV-19 death.

That was not the case in NYC.  If you died and weren't tested, you didn't count as a Covid death, which could have under-counted the daily total by up to 200.  They will now test the deceased for the virus to give a proper count.

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Come in here guns blazing claiming FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS and then saying 8k die per day in NYC is a good example of spreading panic

Exaggerate much?  I wrote and let me quote  "fake news lol" that is an exact quote, not "FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS"  Care to apologize?  You wont, you have this agenda, i get it.

And i have admitted i was wrong multiple times on the deaths, going to keep beating the dead horse?

Just now, GG said:

That was not the case in NYC.  If you died and weren't tested, you didn't count as a Covid death, which could have under-counted the daily total by up to 200.  They will now test the deceased for the virus to give a proper count.

Sorry, i find it hard to  believe you, then this lady is wrong

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cdc-admits-to-lying-about-covid-death-totals/

and/or they are going against the standard as set by the CDC.  Are you in the health care industry, you know this far a fact?