The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

58 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wow, he must have been something. I am truly amazed you all can remember banned members.  

Yeah, he was "something."  

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Does she still try to pretend she's a conservative?   Or has she finally given into the fact that veil came off years ago?

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Journalists are like politicians.  The more local their positions are, the more credible they are.  Those that ascend to positions in the greater public eye and greater power tend to be the most biased, most untrustworthy and dishonest.    The bigger the story, the more value there is in looking below the surface of reports from the big outlets. 

It's perspectives like these that I know are unfortunately too widely held here and also why I will simply often ignore even responding to a lot of posts.

CDC admits to lying about Covid death totals…

“The CDC counts both true COVID-19 cases and speculative guesses of COVID-19 the same. They call it death by COVID-19. They automatically overestimate the real death numbers, by their own admission.”

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cdc-admits-to-lying-about-covid-death-totals/

Edited by Pilsner
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I figure by the end of April people are going to start calling bull#### on this thing if society doesn't start getting back to normalcy. 

Yeah, it’s bull#### for sure. It’s not like people are dying. Don’t worry, Dr.Trump feels the same way. Good luck! 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

CDC admits to lying about Covid death totals…

“The CDC counts both true COVID-19 cases and speculative guesses of COVID-19 the same. They call it death by COVID-19. They automatically overestimate the real death numbers, by their own admission.”

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/cdc-admits-to-lying-about-covid-death-totals/

Really think this can be tricky here. Let's someone has a year left to live. But covid-19 got to them first.  Understand why but soo many complex are too sure.  Just looking from all sides.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, shepherdog1960 said:

naw and called out are words not often heard from my east indian colleagues.  but more to the point, Obama knew this was coming.  Why didn't rump?

Is that why he didnt bother rebuilding the stockpiles that the CDC needed?

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

The Surgeon General hinting at tracking and isolating contacts. We won't be doing this with manual teams like Korea, guaranteed. We can't set that infrastructure up in 3 weeks. Only tech can provide it. 

"And, number two: we want to see cases start to come down for ideally two weeks. And, once that happens, we want to make sure we have a public health infrastructure in place so that we can follow up on positive tests and isolate case contacts," added Adams.

"Once we feel comfortable we can do that, we can start reopening in places that have flattened their curve and have a low-lying level of cases, because we have confidence that one case won't turn into 10, 100, a thousand," he concluded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/us-surgeon-general-jerome-adams-advice-to-american-workers-coronavirus

First admin statement I've seen about this. I'm glad they are saying this is a prerequisite to opening. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Really think this can be tricky here. Let's someone has a year left to live. But covid-19 got to them first.  Understand why but soo many complex are too sure.  Just looking from all sides.

How is it tricky? If my doctor said I had a year left because of xyz disease and I died in 2 months of a heart attack the cause of death would be a heart attack, not xyz disease. 

I find it interesting Trump's base that thinks China under-counted (I think so too) is starting to talk like the US is being over-counted. They don't want the truth.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's perspectives like these that I know are unfortunately too widely held here and also why I will simply often ignore even responding to a lot of posts.

And when you do respond, more often than not, you simply cut and paste some article you clearly didn't read, probably wouldn't understand, and can never defend when challenged. 

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

------------------------------------

What if they put on a light show and nobody was there to see it? Did it still really happen?

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

The Surgeon General hinting at tracking and isolating contacts. We won't be doing this with manual teams like Korea, guaranteed. We can't set that infrastructure up in 3 weeks. Only tech can provide it. 

"And, number two: we want to see cases start to come down for ideally two weeks. And, once that happens, we want to make sure we have a public health infrastructure in place so that we can follow up on positive tests and isolate case contacts," added Adams.

"Once we feel comfortable we can do that, we can start reopening in places that have flattened their curve and have a low-lying level of cases, because we have confidence that one case won't turn into 10, 100, a thousand," he concluded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/us-surgeon-general-jerome-adams-advice-to-american-workers-coronavirus

First admin statement I've seen about this. I'm glad they are saying this is a prerequisite to opening. 

A LOT of Americans will NOT be down with being “tracked”, including me.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1