The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Another one who joined a few hours ago and immediately headed down to PPP. <_< Oh goodie.

Sock puppet or troll? You make the call!

It's @birdog1960. He was embarrassingly wrong on almost everything he ever posted. Hence his reference to the Shah's spleen earlier. Basically Gary with a medical degree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You must love it when the second man in at a hockey fight gets a game misconduct. The man is working day and night to help America get through this and what he faces every day from the media and some local officials is a steaming load of crap! I’m going to cut him slack when exhaustion forces him to punch back a bit. I’m actually shocked at how quickly he regains his composure and immediately answers the next question with a smile on his face. I’d tell the media pool to go f$&k themselves!

Ummmm... except Trump has ALWAYS complained, criticized and blamed.

ALWAYS.

Even before he was President.

It's his nature.

So spare everyone the asinine notion that Trump is exhausted, so he's excused. 

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LB3 said:

It's @birdog1960. He was embarrassingly wrong on almost everything he ever posted. Hence his reference to the Shah's spleen earlier. Basically Gary with a medical degree.

Yeah, the Shah thing (completely out of left field) and "1960" were dead giveaways.  I thought he would have been too embarrassed to show his face here again, but then I realized it was Tom who destroyed him and he's gone.

And it's amazing that Barry couldn't predict Senile Joe would be the Dem nominee and endorse him back when he decided to run, but could predict this.  And did nothing about it.  Which makes him complicit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Another one who joined a few hours ago and immediately headed down to PPP. <_< Oh goodie.

As was already pointed out, he was a longtime poster here.  Very left leaning and often obnoxious.

Don't know if he was banned or just left to avoid the ridicule of having demonstrated his medical prowess by comparing the safety of 21st century orthopedic surgery to late '70's emergency spleen operations.  Thought it was just embarrassment, but maybe he was banned for something considering he chose a new handle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The other dead giveaway that it’s birddog aside from his user name is that Birddog never capitalizes the first word of a sentence.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Get used to it. An apparent effect of sheltering in place is a spike in troll activity on boards like this one, as if we don't have enough of that already. I just wish people would realize that replying to them brings them down to the same level of intellect. 

(not referring to your post, btw)

Edited by Azalin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I hear you, and truth be told, I think TBF is a bit overwrought on this issue.  I think he's a victim of too much data, too much time at the computer, too much time listening to all the gloom and doom.  Dr. Oz was on tv today and referred to the politicization of the virus as a 'perversion of medicine'.   I think that is an excellent way to put it.  

All I'm trying to get to is how someone like TBF gets where he is, and how he rationalizes the erroneous reporting over a 36 month period.  I know how I feel, how many of us here feel about media reports.  I had a heated discussion with an old friend who is a journalist a couple years ago--he said, basically, that fact checking at the major media outlets is so stringent that it would be virtually impossible for someone to do agenda-based reporting and cite 'anonymous sources' for political gain.  How on earth does someone who can chew gum, drive a car and change the radio station get to the point where in essence he is advocating "BELIEVE ALL"?  It's crazy and dangerous , and while we know that...Transpy seems to hang his hat on the media as infalliable  and beyond reproach.  Me?  I think a guy like Sean Hannity, a guy like Chris Hayes and a guy like Rachel Maddow exist in media outlets, write 'fact-checked' stories and everything else such as what is cited by TBF.

That begs the questions asked.  I'd like one response on that issue other than the old fallback "Hooo-ha dude you're crazy!", which is just another way of saying "BELIEVE ALL".  

See, I'm not a blind homer, I'm just a guy trying to navigate all that  noise. 

Btw that heart punch is graphic! 

I'm not ignoring your other post, but I will only minimally respond to it because frankly, despite what you seem to believe, I am generally using this time to step away from the Internet and TBD in general to do other more productive things.

Your question to me is a trap based on a false premise... actually a fallacy commonly used here in PPP. That's why I won't engage you thoroughly. But I will respond so you at least understand why I often just don't respond to posters.

Even if you still think I'm an idiot or a jerk, at least it might help you understand me a bit more.

I trust journalists more than I trust random Twitter guy. I'm not saying they're never wrong, but knowing a couple journalists as you do, I view the safeguard of journalistic "sourcing" as more credible than random Twitter guy who says whatever he wants and has no guardrails.

Inevitability someone here (I have a good idea on who those posters will be) will cherry pick certain stories by certified journalists from mainstream media as proof they're not to be trusted. Arguing with someone latching on to those cherry picked stories that end up being a very tiny percent of the slew of other true, well-sourced stories is pretty clearly a tried and true strategy on this forum, but in the end it really just becomes a straw man argument. 

The straw man fallacy actually seems to be the go-to over here. And it's the weasley way out of a discussion. And it's why I generally avoid prolonged discussion in this forum and why I am not directly answering your post, even though I just basically did, at least indirectly. :beer:

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Former poster called Birdog1960 from Bristol, VA area who's been away for a couple years or so. 

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, the Shah thing (completely out of left field) and "1960" were dead giveaways.  I thought he would have been too embarrassed to show his face here again, but then I realized it was Tom who destroyed him and he's gone.

And it's amazing that Barry couldn't predict Senile Joe would be the Dem nominee and endorse him back when he decided to run, but could predict this.  And did nothing about it.  Which makes him complicit.

30 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As was already pointed out, he was a longtime poster here.  Very left leaning and often obnoxious.

Don't know if he was banned or just left to avoid the ridicule of having demonstrated his medical prowess by comparing the safety of 21st century orthopedic surgery to late '70's emergency spleen operations.  Thought it was just embarrassment, but maybe he was banned for something considering he chose a new handle.

22 minutes ago, Magox said:

The other dead giveaway that it’s birddog aside from his user name is that Birddog never capitalizes the first word of a sentence.

Wow, he must have been something. I am truly amazed you all can remember banned members.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wow, he must have been something. I am truly amazed you all can remember banned members.  

Ya that's amazing. I wouldn't remember all of that. Poor memory for me.  That's pretty cool.  

Kind of like being here. Like seeing everyone. Plus support President Trump lots more. Can learn all the info people say (and truth) but poorly telling others.  Even more so in person.Learned lots from people in PPP. Plus a good time here with everyone lol. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I trust journalists more than I trust random Twitter guy. I'm not saying they're never wrong, but knowing a couple journalists as you do, I view the safeguard of journalistic "sourcing" as more credible than random Twitter guy who says whatever he wants and has no guardrails.

Journalists are like politicians.  The more local their positions are, the more credible they are.  Those that ascend to positions in the greater public eye and greater power tend to be the most biased, most untrustworthy and dishonest.    The bigger the story, the more value there is in looking below the surface of reports from the big outlets. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Some posters would rather burn out than fade away. ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You remember the loudmouth idiots who get chased away.  The "pseudo doc" and "FMG" stuff was par for the course for him.  Not that he was anything special as a primary care doc.

• Thank you (+1) 2