The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

YES! Hollywood pushes us left! Our entire media complex does nothing but push far right values day in and day out for decades! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

In a board littered with inane posts from simpletons like GarBoTibs, @BullBuchanan 's take might be the most inaccurate thing EVER written on this board. 

George Of The Jungle Laugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Hollywood? More Deep State nonsense.
The Media? What about all the nonstop extreme-right "news"/blogs you guys get your information from? The media has no political ideology besides money. They shovel whatever they have into whatever mouths are willing. Some people want an echo-chamber, and so there's a product for that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

How to Cheer Someone Up: 51 Ways to Make a Friend Smile | Teen Vogue

I'm still rolling over that analysis :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Hollywood? More Deep State nonsense.
The Media? What about all the nonstop extreme-right "news"/blogs you guys get your information from? The media has no political ideology besides money. They shovel whatever they have into whatever mouths are willing. Some people want an echo-chamber, and so there's a product for that.

Stop, you've embarrassed yourself MORE than enough for one day :lol: 

Tell us again how we've been "pushed to the right" as a society. That is blue ribbon level stupidity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 3

I'm shocked you could understand it without a quote from Liz Wheeler

There's stupid. Then there's @BullBuchanan level stupid. Which is lower than all my comedic hopes for it combined :lol: :lol: 

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think we've been pushed right as a society for so long that anyone that would normally identify as a moderate conservative (e.g. doesn't believe in Christian Sharia Law, or wild west capitalism) is probably a democrat these days.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As a populace we have, but as far as politicians are concerned, we haven't had a left of center president since Carter.

It takes TALENT to be that wrong and keep a straight face. TALENT. :lol: 

Crazy, Stupid, Love - Laugh GIF by MikeyMo | Gfycat

(still rolling)

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Some good news: 

Very good news. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Wonder how long before he talks about whatever treatment he received in terms of therapeutics....

I assume he got the best care possible and don’t see it as a political thing no matter what he got for treatment. Keep getting better Boris!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, shoshin said:

I assume he got the best care possible and don’t see it as a political thing no matter what he got for treatment. Keep getting better Boris!

If he used HCQ to get better that quickly, you better believe it'll become a major story.

And it wouldn't be political. It would be exposing the media and their enablers for making HCQ political unnecessarily for weeks. They'd rather have the drug fail and people die just to dunk on Trump than for them to work. Trump didn't make them choose that path, they RACED to stake it out for themselves. 

(But @BullBuchanan claims the media doesn't have an agenda or bias -- after decades of evidence to the contrary :lol: )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Says the guy still running from an honest conversation because he confuses (Obama era) FISC memos and gov't documents as being "conspiracy theories". Why? because @BullBuchanan is not only a coward, he's deeply propagandized to the point of actually thinking he's informed. 

When he's anything but.

You calling someone out for conspiracy theories is ***** funny! ???

33 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If you're asking I think the answer is probably yes. In a city of mostly liberal & progressive people this board is overrun with extreme-rightists

The reason you think this board is overrun with extreme rightists has nothing to do with the number of extreme rightists and everything to do with the lack of extreme leftists.

The reason for this is because what you perceive to be extreme rightists are actually a bunch of people who lean right, but who also employ logic and critical thinking, the two things that make extreme leftists melt like a witch and burn like a vampire.

Leftists come and go here. Some stay to try to rile people up with words like "Trumptards" and some stay to earn money posting leftist talking points, like Tibs, but as a whole, extreme leftists stay away from this board because it holds a mirror up to their bankrupt ideology, and when they are confronted with lock and critical thinking...well....

15 Incredibly Satisfying Head Explosions To Get You ...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

YES! Hollywood pushes us right! Our entire media complex does nothing but push far right values day in and day out for decades! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

In a board littered with inane posts from simpletons like GarBoTibs, @BullBuchanan 's take might be the most inaccurate thing EVER written on this board. 

George Of The Jungle Laugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Welllllllllllllllllll the question of why you engage has crossed my mind a time or seventy. What's the definition of insanity?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welllllllllllllllllll the question of why you engage has crossed my mind a time or seventy. What's the definition of insanity?

A good point, of course. But I think it's long established that all writers are pretty nuts ;) You know the history as well as I do :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yes, pretty much.  No country was truly prepared for this in the Northern Hemisphere.  Germany comes closest and even their rate of deaths and infections per capita is not all that much better than the U.S    If we are going to rely on facts and data, then the U.S was one of the best major countries to have coped with the Virus on a per capita basis.  You can  that right here.   The deaths per Million population is the single best indicator on how a country is coping with the Virus.  Also look at the TOTAL TESTS column.  On a per capita basis, out of the major countries, the US is certainly faring well.  And considering the U.S's size, it pushes that up further.

Sorry, but those are the facts and if you believe that they should have had the system in place ready to go after how everything developed, then I just think you are being completely unreasonable about this.

That measure for deaths is not really relevant unless every country is at a similar point along the curve.  We'll see how the US fares eventually at the end of this.

This type of pandemic has been discussed and prepared for going back to Bush Jr.  The most recent "exercise" was Last October.

We've gone over this, but the outcome is dependent on how quickly we acted, especially with the ability to test.  That was a complete fiasco here.

Deblasio, to a certain extent Cuomo, and the Federal Government were slow to act.  Newsom was not.  The US is more like  handful of countries, not one contiguous one...

Trump initially hoped it would just go away so his economy would not be harmed, and his media interactions showed this.  Then, he finally figured out if he showed leadership that it would help him.  Now you can't shut him up....

• Like (+1) 1

Those two things are mutually exclusive.

(says the guy who refuses to read a government document created during the Obama administration because it's "extreme-right", and believes our society is being pushed to the RIGHT by our cornerstone institutions) :lol: :lol: 

Maybe sit out any conversations about logic or critical thinking, Bull. You're clearly tuurrrrrrible at both. 

• Like (+1) 1