The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

24 minutes ago, TPS said:

So you're saying they never saw the possibility of a pandemic that wouldn't need this level of testing?  Nor did they have any simulations in the recent past?  Sorry, this smacks of CYA...

And when the country is hit by hurricane....every year, do they have sandbags in huge warehouse to ship all over the country?  This level of responsiveness is simply impossible.  I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing that these tests have a shelf life (unlike sandbags) so they probably cannot be stored indefinitely

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

More garbage:

Says the guy still running from an honest conversation because he confuses (Obama era) FISC memos and gov't documents as being "conspiracy theories". Why? because @BullBuchanan is not only a coward, he's deeply propagandized to the point of actually thinking he's informed. 

When he's anything but.

• Like (+1) 1

More garbage:
image.thumb.png.24782cb487180e7e7ac91df62bc556fa.png

Idk dude.  Logic dictates that if the establishment is selling one narrative, then alternative narratives automatically hold more weight.  

Unfortunately this site didn't get a "Very Low" rating, which probably means the establishment has infiltrated their ranks to some extent.  

One must read between the lines to get a clear picture.  

I feel stupider just for writing that, but that's actually how these clowns think...

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

FEAR will be your undoing. Fear makes you weak. Fear makes you fall for "just give us your rights and we PROMISE we'll give them back when this is over."

Fight that fear, Shoshin. 

Tracking is not the answer. Tracking is voluntary enslavement to the state -- the same state which has done nothing but ***** us over for decades while they got rich. Gotta think beyond the moment :beer: 

I am practical. You've conflated this into some grand epic. 

I will survive Covid, a true economic meltdown, big brother tracking my covid status, or not. But this is not the grand "give me liberty or give me death" moment you suggest. Unless you're in one of 14 states, you're home stripped of your liberty right now. And if Covid comes back in waves as it is set to be, it will happen again. You could exercise your freedom and join 300 people in a rave in your local park to stick it to "the man," but you won't because that would be bad for their/your health. I want the right to assemble back. I place that higher than the right of someone to trace my contacts. When I get my right to assemble back, I will want my right to privacy too.   

We're back and forth on this. No need to reply but if you do, you get the last word. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Says the guy still running from an honest conversation because he confuses (Obama era) FISC memos and gov't documents as being "conspiracy theories". Why? because @BullBuchanan is not only a coward, he's deeply propagandized to the point of actually thinking he's informed. 

When he's anything but.

You people can't find anything that isn't posted by an extreme-right source. I think you even get your weather there. Your viewpoint is so biased we can't even have simple conversations without your political bent.

Edit: And FYI, yea occasionally your broken clock will also report on an article a less biased source does. It doesn't validate the rest of the garbage they spew into your eyes and ears all day. That's how it works. Post an  occasionally semi-accurate article, call yourself "fair and balanced" and then spew tabloid garbage the other 23 hours and 58 minutes of the day.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

You people can't find anything that isn't posted by an extreme-right source. I think you even get your weather there. Your viewpoint is so biased we can't even have simple conversations without your political bent.

Big words from a guy who's still running from AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT PRODUCED BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION. 

You think that's an "extreme right" source? 

No, you don't. You're just too cowardly to read it and think for yourself, because doing so would force you to admit that you're not as well informed as you claim. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Big words from a guy who's still running from AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT PRODUCED BY THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION. 

You think that's an "extreme right" source? 

No, you don't. You're just too cowardly to read it and think for yourself, because doing so would force you to admit that you're not as well informed as you claim. 

You can't even stay on topic because it doesn't fit your agenda.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

"You people"?  Is that a dog whistle phrase?

You can't even stay on topic because it doesn't fit your agenda.

My agenda is showing the board that you are full of it. Because you are. And that you're an intellectual coward and lightweight who defines official government documents as "conspiracy theories/extreme-right" sources just so he can continue to live in his bubble. 

And I'm doing a bangup job of it so far. Thanks to your help and cowardice. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

If you're asking I think the answer is probably yes. In a city of mostly liberal & progressive people this board is overrun with extreme-rightists

Keep your shirt on Bull.  There are way fewer extremists than you think on either side of the aisle.  It's all going to be OK.

• Like (+1) 1

If you're asking I think the answer is probably yes. In a city of mostly liberal & progressive people this board is overrun with extreme-rightists

FYI -- I'm a Hollywood liberal. 

But again, don't let facts get in the way of your own dishonesty.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Keep your shirt on Bull.  There are way fewer extremists than you think on either side of the aisle.  It's all going to be OK.

I think we've been pushed right as a society for so long that anyone that would normally identify as a moderate conservative (e.g. doesn't believe in Christian Sharia Law, or wild west capitalism) is probably a democrat these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I think we've been pushed right as a society for so long that anyone that would normally identify as a moderate conservative (e.g. doesn't believe in Christian Sharia Law, or wild west capitalism) is probably a democrat these days.

Facts wouldn't bear you out. If anything the Country has been steadily moving to the Left....drifting away from Christianity and Capitalism...virtually from its founding.  But you can have your own version if it helps you sleep better.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Pushed... RIGHT as a society?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Removing ALL doubt that you're informed, educated, or capable of analyzing reality in any meaningful way. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Facts wouldn't bear you out. If anything the Country has been steadily moving to the Left....drifting away from Christianity and Capitalism...virtually from its founding.  But you can have your own version if it helps you sleep better.

As a populace we have, but as far as politicians are concerned, we haven't had a left of center president since Carter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

YES! Hollywood pushes us right! Our entire media complex does nothing but push far right values day in and day out for decades! 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

In a board littered with inane posts from simpletons like GarBoTibs, @BullBuchanan 's take might be the most inaccurate thing EVER written on this board. 

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

As a populace we have, but as far as politicians are concerned, we haven't had a left of center president since Carter.

George Of The Jungle Laugh GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1