The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

24 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

You're an offensive dipschit to anyone who has lost a loved one from Covid or anything else in the past few weeks. Why do you laugh and make mockery of thousands of Americans dying? You are pathetic.

You’re a cheerleader for death and doom. You’re beyond reprehensible. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Kushner, this guy shouldn't be anywhere near any type of decision-making...

Two articles that I won't be surprised if they are related:

https://news.yahoo.com/hospitals-feds-seizing-masks-other-210748808.html

The medical leaders on the front lines of the fight to control the coronavirus and keep patients alive say they are grasping for explanations. "We can't get any answers," said a California hospital official who asked not to be identified for fear of retaliation from the White House.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/US-Department-of-Defense-give-1-million-masks-to-IDF-for-coronavirus-use-623976

"A million masks, procured in China, were quickly flown to Israel with the intention that the IDF will be using them within the next few days," he said.

"In the past two weeks we have purchased and flown to Israel tens of thousands of swabs, masks, protective suits for medical staff and more," said Limor Kolishevsky, head of the New York Purchasing and Logistics Division.

The last one came across my twitter feed yesterday, indicating the title of the article had been changed from originally stating the supplies were delivered by US military transport: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/55030.htm

The original article said: "A plane carrying over a million surgical masks for the IDF landed in Ben-Gurion airport Tuesday night, in an operation run by the US Department of Defense’s Delegation of Procurement".

If you click on the referred to tweet, it gets into the change in the original article.

14 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

That part of the Tweet does not matter but you can blame whoever the hell you want. Test, test, and test some more is my position on this.

There was no system in place for mass testing for this sort of pandemic, Fauci even makes the case after the infamous day that Trump said he didn't take responsibility.  

"No, I don't take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time," Trump responded. "It wasn't meant for this kind of an event with the kind of numbers that were talking about."

"So just to reiterate what I said to many of you multiple times, it's the descent (PH) of a system," Fauci said. "The system was not designed--for what it was designed for it worked very well. The CDC designed a good system."

"When I said that, I meant the system was not designed for what we need. Now looking forward, the system will take care of it," Fauci added.

The logistics between testing centers, hospitals, medical providers, test kits, distribution, public awareness etc etc wasn't setup for this.   Reasonable people can see that that there was nothing setup for such a mass level of testing.  Everyone from government to the private sector are working overdrive to increase the level of testing, and to my understanding in the month of May they expect over 20 million tests to be conducted in that month alone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Not exactly sure where the discussion is going here. Covid 19 is not a heart attack. It doesn’t kill you instantly. The rising death is an indication of people who contracted the virus a few weeks ago, not yesterday. You measure the effectiveness of our deterrent strategies (social distancing, hygiene, etc) by looking at the reduction in new people entering the hospital. Remember we still don’t have a cure so all we’re doing is playing prevent defense against an opponent we cannot see.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

That statistic relies on case counts, which we know is grossly low by as much as 10x. 

I would love to have good numbers. It’s also why the criticism of the modelers is so misplaced. They are modeling a new disease using ***** data. It’s a no win task. 

You make a valid point, and maybe the modelers aren’t the problem when they assume the unknowns in a way that pushes the models several degrees of severity above what reality is showing, but those that take the models and create fear, panic, and public policy would be better off remembering how many unfounded assumptions are built into the models. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Everything in that post you made reads like the ramblings of a deranged lunatic. I can't convince you your conspiracy theories are insane, so I won't engage with it.

Which should be our minimum wage accounting for inflation anyway. I hope it happens, because it's long overdue.

you just have no clue, do you?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

#BREAKING: All New Yorkers will be able to vote absentee on the June 23rd primaries. New Yorkers shouldn't have to choose between their health and their civic duty

What a disaster that Wisconsin could not vote this way 

Milwaukee has around 300,000 registered voters and usually has 180 polling locations. On Tuesday, there were just five open because many sites were consolidated due to a shortage of poll workers.

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Long-lines-forming-at-Milwaukee-polling-locations-569436971.html

Edited by ALF

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

There was no system in place for mass testing for this sort of pandemic, Fauci even makes the case after the infamous day that Trump said he didn't take responsibility.  

The logistics between testing centers, hospitals, medical providers, test kits, distribution, public awareness etc etc wasn't setup for this.   Reasonable people can see that that there was nothing setup for such a mass level of testing.  Everyone from government to the private sector are working overdrive to increase the level of testing, and to my understanding in the month of May they expect over 20 million tests to be conducted in that month alone.

I can't blame anyone for lack of testing. The lost month of February hurts but that's behind us. Going forward, I'm sure we will have loads of PPE and a better system for dealing with Covid-21 but here at Covid-19, we just need to keep ramping up. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

That part of the Tweet does not matter but you can blame whoever the hell you want. Test, test, and test some more is my position on this.

I never said I blamed or didn’t blame anyone, I just don’t follow the logic of the tweet. 

Edited by Chandemonium

2 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Nope - there should be by now

Without going too far off track, your responses on this point remind me of people freaking out that it took 2 days to get medical supplies to Katrina victims. Disasters are called that for a reason. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

You're an offensive dipschit to anyone who has lost a loved one from Covid or anything else in the past few weeks. Why do you laugh and make mockery of thousands of Americans dying? You are pathetic.

If you stop being so emotional for a minute, you will realize he was laughing and making a mockery of people like you. I understand those kinds of distinctions can be a little too nuanced for you to grasp while you are in such an emotional state, and while you are exerting so much energy in trying to shame everybody because you can no longer intellectually defend your positions.

Slow down and think, and you will understand how ridiculous most of what you say really is. It would save the rest of us the time of explaining it to you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, shoshin said:

Without going too far off track, your responses on this point remind me of people freaking out that it took 2 days to get medical supplies to Katrina victims. Disasters are called that for a reason. 

Thank you! 

Just now, shoshin said:

It's April 9th and there are symptomatic patients with fever who still can't get a test in Erie County.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

This Corona virus is really something. It’s cured cancer, heart disease, COPD, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a host of other diseases like drug overdose, stroke, and even the normal influenzas.

Is there nothing it can’t cure? It’s like global climate warming change which is proven to be caused by everything, but this insidious Chinese invention CURES everything. Well perhaps TDS but that’s the worst disease of all. 

Quite amazing actually for a disease that can’t be transmitted by human to human contact. 

WHO said that?

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I have a thought:

Stop quoting or retweeting pundits and their thoughts. Pundits are paid to spew their thoughts on a daily basis.

Rachel Maddow, Tucker Carlson, Chris Hayes, Sean Hannity... it doesn't matter.

Sometimes they have news within their shows, but what the hell is the point of retweeting what you did?

You guys are all about snapshot victory laps over here and it's disturbing. It's actually exactly the reason I made that bet with you. That's a victory lap I get to enjoy for 4 full years.

But these momentary jabs everyone over here is prone to taking--and yes, I get sucked into the "fun," too--are just silly.

You quote Chris Hayes and then a guy insulting Chris Hayes. We are 2 1/2 months into the 1st case of this Pandemic in the US and almost 15,000 people are already dead. Hayes speculated that the White House model (which scientists can't seem to figure out where they got their protections) actually over projected in order to look like "heroes" after. Hell, Trump's already basically said that without his intervention millions of lives would have been lost.

That opinion by Hayes, despite your condescension over here, was fairly logical.

However, it was still an OPINION and just doesn't remotely matter right now.

Right now, we are in a seriously tragic moment where more than 1,000 Americans die daily due to this disease. We won't have a clue how truly deadly this was for at least months, but probably years.

But as far as being productive in here, maybe stop posting tweets that are 100% opinion from Pundits and the attached criticism of it.

It's just silly and proves how much of a victim of the moment you really are.

4 reals? shirley you jest.

this coming from the guy who posts opinions of the WaPo and NYT? rightttttt because it is only the leftist opinion that matters.

qGhiEIe.gif

• Haha (+1) 4