The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The WHO's stance on not recommending a travel ban and saying there was nothing wrong with traveling to and from China was incomprehensible.

Oh, I think many people comprehend just fine why the WHO didn't recommend a travel ban to China.  ? ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The WHO's stance on not recommending a travel ban and saying there was nothing wrong with traveling to and from China was incomprehensible.

They can get out of this as long as they just delete their tweets... ?

11 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

What got us into trouble was Dr Fauchi is best buddies with the Drs in charge at the WHO and he unfortunately believed them when they told him “we’ve got this”. He screwed up big time! It doesn’t make him a bad person but it is what happened. 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Thanks.  But FTR, all I wanted to know is if they gave him HCQ and zinc.  No one had that info.

And I still don't know.  All that yelling for nothing!

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They can get out of this as long as they just delete their tweets... ?

I know this was said in jest but from looking at your other posts you don’t seem to think it was a big miss.

It’s a huge miss by WHO and many governments, the unfortunate thing for WHO is that they are funded to handle stuff like this. People need to stop acting like it’s imoossible to get any info out of China. There  was videos online, there is American companies in Wuhan. 

I’m confident that with enough digging they could have easily came to a more accurate conclusion. They couldn’t have been MORONG. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's what the true hope is. It's not about saving lives, it's about "getting Trump." 

Speaking of investigations, how come you're still cowering in fear about having an honest discussion about the last big investigation? Could it be that you're all talk and no game? 

Nahhh... that can't be it ;) 

Gif Actors And Actresses Harrison Ford | PicGifs.com

Reveal hidden contents

Everything in that post you made reads like the ramblings of a deranged lunatic. I can't convince you your conspiracy theories are insane, so I won't engage with it.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Employers are going to have to offer $25 an hour just to beat the weekly unemployment benifits some people are getting in some states right now.

Which should be our minimum wage accounting for inflation anyway. I hope it happens, because it's long overdue.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Virginia is locked down till June?

Ouch

Yeah.  My son is in his first year at William&Mary and was home for spring break when they told him to stay home until April 4th, and then for the rest of the semester.  He got his roommate, who lives 2 hours away, to send him his books, but we have to wait until June to get the rest of his stuff from his dorm room.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah.  My son is in his first year at William&Mary and was home for spring break when they told him to stay home until April 4th, and then for the rest of the semester.  He got his roommate, who lives 2 hours away, to send him his books, but we have to wait until June to get the rest of his stuff from his dorm room.

Crazy stuff.

Hopefully the Virginia lockdown can end before June.

Hear on Long Island you can't even get Clorox wipes. SMH

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Virginia is locked down till June?

Ouch

Til Wednesday June 10th, 

To screw up the GOP statewide primary scheduled for June 9th.

The abortion governor has spoken.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Til Wednesday June 10th, 

To screw up the GOP statewide primary scheduled for June 9th.

The abortion governor has spoken.

I thought he was the black face governor.

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Everything in that post you made reads like the ramblings of a deranged lunatic. I can't convince you your conspiracy theories are insane, so I won't engage with it.

It's a post about an official government document, sourced and verified. 

So... you could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by just saying: "I'm a coward who's dishonest and rather than admit that, I'm running away with my tail between my legs". 

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Right, so we need to prove they knew. That tweet just shows them conducting business as usual, while relying on China's data. Whoever tweeted that for the WHO, it's literally their job to inform twitter about the reports coming in so it's a big shoulder-shrug to me. That NY Post article you posted puts all the blame on China.

The blame is on China. But the WHO has been corrupted (by China) and in a moment of crisis, protected that relationship over sharing the truth with the world when it literally meant the difference between life and death. 

The tweet was not made in isolation. It was their official position in mid January. Hundreds of nations worried about the spread of the disease were taking their advice as gospel. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I thought he was the black face governor.

?

He is both.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Which should be our minimum wage accounting for inflation anyway. I hope it happens, because it's long overdue.

A modest increase in the federal wage would get people off the welfare roles and increase consumer spending, but that much of a hike would make it impossible for small business owners to turn a profit.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A modest increase in the federal wage would get people off the welfare roles and increase consumer spending, but that much of a hike would make it impossible for small business owners to turn a profit.

Who makes federal minimum wage? It's a non issue.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Employers are going to have to offer $25 an hour just to beat the weekly unemployment benifits some people are getting in some states right now.

I hear NY has upped unemployment to $600 a week on top of the $600 a week from federal. 

Unbelievable!

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Who makes federal minimum wage? It's a non issue.

People in 22 or so states.

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I hear NY has upped unemployment to $600 a week on top of the $600 a week from federal. 

Unbelievable!

I don't think they did.  They just announced they'd start paying the $600 federal.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

People in 22 or so states.

I don't think they did.  They just announced they'd start paying the $600 federal.

You're right Doc. The maximum amount you can get from state is a little over $500, which increased last year I think. 

Thanks for clearing that up for me.?

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, he is going too far, but it is all bluster, there is no need to listen to him other than direct medical issues.

STOP THEM BEFORE THEY REGULATE AGAIN: The FDA Graveyard. 

For decades, the FDA’s archaic rules have been delaying medical progress and consigning tens of millions of Americans to an “invisible graveyard.” Now a very small part of the graveyard has suddenly become visible: the people dying of Covid-19 because of one bureaucratic obstruction after another to providing tests, masks and other protective equipment.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I understand your point.  However what impact would this have on outsourcing jobs to places where people make $2 a day and the continual rise of automation taking away jobs?