The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

41 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

JESUS CHRIST WITH STRIPES WILL YOU PEOPLE STEAL EVERYTHING FROM ME??

I used to love nothing more than driving my gas-guzzling SUV to a buffet, sitting within 2' of my friends  and munching on plates of warm rice and finger foods before whistling at the pretty girls on the way home to watch Deniro in "Goodfellas".

Somebody better fix this sh#t!  

Sorry boss. I took a ServeSafe course and that was one of the top issues in serving food to the public. I’m certified. :w00t:

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Can't you just get by with the blue pill?

No worries there. My issue is two failed microdiscectomies and the need for inserting a fake disc and fusion. 

I’m not a happy camper. :angry:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Seeing a lot about a stat saying total US deaths in March were down 15%

(due to the lockdown/less traffic/murder etc)

They're probably referring to research done by this professor.  But he pulled his analysis back due to inconsistent data from CDC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing to me that they haven't deleted this tweet. 

I'm not on twitter, but it looks like a tweet citing Chinese authorities, so why would the WHO need to delete it? I'm sure they've tweeted a bunch of stuff since then. If it said "WHO's initial investigation shows no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission..." then that would be humiliating.

or maybe the "Chinese authorities" should just delete their authority?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

They're probably referring to research done by this professor.  But he pulled his analysis back due to inconsistent data from CDC.

:beer: Appreciated. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from (and why no one was linking a direct stat). 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I'm not on twitter, but it looks like a tweet citing Chinese authorities, so why would the WHO need to delete it? I'm sure they've tweeted a bunch of stuff since then. If it said "WHO's initial investigation shows no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission..." then that would be humiliating.

or maybe the "Chinese authorities" should just delete their authority?

The WHO still knows the claim is incorrect. Regardless of who said it, the WHO promoted it with that tweet -- which they should remedy. Yet, they haven't. Which, in today's world, is just stunning to me as it's PR 101.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know how they do it n CA, but in WA you have to sign your ballot and they verify the signatures. I know cuz my wife has had hers challenged a couple of times.  Which is s a form of voter id in that they verify you really are who you say you are.

As far as which ballots to gather, they use the same data to gather the votes that they use to draw up to draw congressional districts.  And yes, Rs do it too.  They're playing hard ball.

They cheat no matter what you do. 

Google "ballot box 13" if you don't believe me.

I don't necessarily have an issue with voter id.  Seems racist to me to say minority people are too stupid or lazy to get a voter id.

Again, boggles my mind that people in CA are stupid enough to give their ballot to someone else to mail.  At least in WA it's postage paid.  How hard is it walk down to your mailbox and drop it in?  You go there once a day anyway.

Seems rules could be tightened to prevent most of this assuming anyone in congress really wanted to do something about it.

The soft bigotry of lowered expectations.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

•••sits back, takes glasses off and slowly fixes gaze on Doc•••

"And this television, Doc.  It heard you? You think you saved Boris, right?  How does that make you feel?"

Is that what you got from it?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Magox said:

It will happen. I guarantee it.  Specially with these beefed up unemployment benefits

Employers are going to have to offer $25 an hour just to beat the weekly unemployment benifits some people are getting in some states right now.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Stirring the Bernie Pot. ?

ROTF Why hasn't President Obama supported Joe Biden?

It amazes me President Obama hasn't supported Sleepy Joe.

"Because he (Obama) doesn't want to see another four years of me..."

Fact check: True

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Appreciated. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from (and why no one was linking a direct stat). 

The WHO still knows the claim is incorrect. Regardless of who said it, the WHO promoted it with that tweet -- which they should remedy. Yet, they haven't. Which, in today's world, is just stunning to me as it's PR 101.

Maybe some people look at it like it matters, which is bad for PR. The fact that anyone cares about that is a big problem on its own.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Maybe some people look at it like it matters, which is bad for PR. The fact that anyone cares about that is a big problem on its own.

You don't think people should care that the World Health Organization is (still) promoting false information during a pandemic? (Or am I misunderstanding you) :beer: 

If it was just a random account, or unconnected agency -- I'd get that completely. But when it's the WHO, the veracity of the information tends to be more important (imo)

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You don't think people should care that the World Health Organization is (still) promoting false information during a pandemic? (Or am I misunderstanding you) :beer: 

If it was just a random account, or unconnected agency -- I'd get that completely. But when it's the WHO, the veracity of the information tends to be more important (imo)

When was it tweeted? January? It's an initial report from Chinese authorities, not the WHO. Why would they not tweet about an initial report from China, where this all originated? It seems like standard procedure, from what I understand of Twitter.

1 hour ago, ScotSHO said:

I want to live in this world where you don't have to show up to work if you don't want to.  It sounds like an Andrew Yang utopia.

it exists but you have to work a shitload to get there.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

When was it tweeted? January? It's an initial report from Chinese authorities, not the WHO. Why would they not tweet about an initial report from China, where this all originated? It seems like standard procedure, from what I understand of Twitter.

At that point in time China had already shut down all of their movie theaters. Unless you think that they were all inhabited by bats, they are acting to prevent human to human transmission but claiming that it is impossible. China is guilty of first degree murder and needs to pay the price for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Have you seen any studies that strongly support this hypothesis?  Fauci has said this many times that this is virus is most likely seasonal but then you'd expect a complete slowdown of the virus in the southern European states and in Japan in the month of April

again it is very hard to prove a negative. how can anyone, at this point, with any amount of certainty say whether the leveling off and coming drop in reported cases is due to social distancing or warmer weather.