The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what is happening in Florida?

Part of the 3 Cs - Climate.  The warmer & more humid, the lower the spread.  

I'm praying for a return of the 80 degree April we had here not too long ago.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Not a fan of Newsom; however, he has been one of the few Governors (D) that kept the political rhetoric to a minimum and actually tried to work with Trump - and Trump reciprocated in kind.

We differ there. I think the states and federal government have all been coordinating quite well regardless of political party. Oh sure, they all want more supplies for their own State, but it's there job to ask for it. My beef is with the gossip-hounding media who just like a good cat fight.  They are the true bottom feeders.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Not a fan of Newsom; however, he has been one of the few Governors (D) that kept the political rhetoric to a minimum and actually tried to work with Trump - and Trump reciprocated in kind.

Yup.  And as a result, his state has been relatively spared.

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, it isn't. Much like Camelot our country is an idea, not a piece of ground. If we lose the Idea then we are no longer exceptional. If we are no longer exceptional then we become just another developed country without direction and will soon become China's minion. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. you know... The THING!”

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  And as a result, his state has been relatively spared.

...as rough as Trump has been on California and Newsome in other matters, he's been pretty complementary about Newsome's efforts ("excellent job") in his pressers.....

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We differ there. I think the states and federal government have all been coordinating quite well regardless of political party. Oh sure, they all want more supplies for their own State, but it's there job to ask for it. My beef is with the gossip-hounding media who just like a good cat fight.  They are the true bottom feeders.

I think for the most part; they have coordinated pretty well; however, if you look at some of the early pressers from a number of governors (i.e.; Inslee, Cuomo, Polis, Whitmer) there was a lot of political grandstanding. The Detroit News actually called out Whitmer for turning the crisis into a political campaign for her next aspiration at the expense of the people of Michigan.

Most of it has settled down.

Agree with you on the media

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 1

America’s major medical society specializing in the treatment of respiratory diseases has endorsed using hydroxychloroquine for seriously ill hospitalized coronavirus patients.

The American Thoracic Society issued guidelines Monday that suggest COVID-19 patients with pneumonia get doses of the anti-malaria drug.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/06/medical-group-backs-giving-hydroxychloroquine-to-coronavirus-patients/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Magox said:

Then, it will be up to the citizens if they want to show up to work.  If the populous doesn't feel somewhat comfortable with it, then you will see a lot of people staying home.

I want to live in this world where you don't have to show up to work if you don't want to.  It sounds like an Andrew Yang utopia.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

I think for the most part; they have coordinated pretty well; however, if you look at some of the early pressers from a number of governors (i.e.; Inslee, Cuomo, Polis, Whitmer) there was a lot of political grandstanding. The Detroit News actually called out Whitmer for turning the crisis into a political campaign for her next aspiration at the expense of te people of Michigan.

Most of it has settled down.

Agree with you on the media

What you have seen is that when people, like the media, are just bystanders it's easy to take cheap potshots at everyone playing on the field. (You should hear me during your average Bills game!)  However, once the virus strikes their state, the Governors have come to realize the amount of all-consuming coordination that is going on with Washington and the sniping tends to stop. It's amazing how that happens when you have skin in the game.....which the media never seems to have anymore....even as their ratings plummet!

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I did read that article.  The real problem it seems is that the law was changed to allow other people to turn in ballots.  Not mail in voting itself.

But again, there is no proof here.  Just conjecture.  I don't see anything about votes being changed or thrown away.  If that's happening it's a federal crime and should be fairly easy to catch someone doing it.

Even Paul Ryan won't say it's happening or has a big effect.

And if Republicans aren't voting, who's fault is that?  Why can't they mail in their own ballots?

They play hard ball in elections.  It's not new.

They literally explain how they go to houses to collect mail in ballots, and then fill them in with their own preferences.  You don't see evidence because you don't want to see evidence.

It's also very legal in CA, and that's fine. That schitthole can have itself. But if you implement this nationally, which is what Pelosi tried to do, you can even kills YOUR vote goodbye because everyone will canvas for mail-in ballots and the people's voice is muted.

It's very simple: Voter ID. Bring your vote. Show your ID. One person. One vote.

You need to bring your ID literally EVERYWHERE, whether to board a plane, collect your welfare or buy some booze.

Why won't the Dems embrace this very, very, very simple solution? What are they afraid of?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, GG said:

Hospitals are empty where?

Anecdotal, but I've been to the local VA Hospital 3 times in the last three weeks and maybe rode the elevator 8 times. Just once did I have another person in it with me. Normally, they are full. Visitor parking lots were virtually empty. Hospitals are putting off all elective surgeries and postponing appointments that are not what they feel are essential. Our very own "Doc" here has been temporarily furloughed because his surgery center has been closed. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Anecdotal, but I've been to the local VA Hospital 3 times in the last three weeks and maybe rode the elevator 8 times. Just once did I have another person in it with me. Normally, they are full. Visitor parking lots were virtually empty. Hospitals are putting off all elective surgeries and postponing appointments that are not what they feel are essential. Our very own "Doc" here has been temporarily furloughed because his surgery center has been closed. 

I took "empty" to mean empty of Wuhan virus patients.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I hear the sound of a cash register cachinging for Trump...

He does have a financial stake in hydroxychloroquine, right? I heard it on MSNBC and I know they wouldn't make up something like that.....

I don’t care if he makes the damn pills on his golf course, if they are working rain them all over the damn country. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

They literally explain how they go to houses to collect mail in ballots, and then fill them in with their own preferences.  You don't see evidence because you don't want to see evidence.

It's also very legal in CA, and that's fine. That schitthole can have itself. But if you implement this nationally, which is what Pelosi tried to do, you can even kills YOUR vote goodbye because everyone will canvas for mail-in ballots and the people's voice is muted.

It's very simple: Voter ID. Bring your vote. Show your ID. One person. One vote.

You need to bring your ID literally EVERYWHERE, whether to board a plane, collect your welfare or buy some booze.

Why won't the Dems embrace this very, very, very simple solution? What are they afraid of?

I don't know how they do it n CA, but in WA you have to sign your ballot and they verify the signatures. I know cuz my wife has had hers challenged a couple of times.  Which is s a form of voter id in that they verify you really are who you say you are.

As far as which ballots to gather, they use the same data to gather the votes that they use to draw up to draw congressional districts.  And yes, Rs do it too.  They're playing hard ball.

They cheat no matter what you do. 

Google "ballot box 13" if you don't believe me.

I don't necessarily have an issue with voter id.  Seems racist to me to say minority people are too stupid or lazy to get a voter id.

Again, boggles my mind that people in CA are stupid enough to give their ballot to someone else to mail.  At least in WA it's postage paid.  How hard is it walk down to your mailbox and drop it in?  You go there once a day anyway.

Seems rules could be tightened to prevent most of this assuming anyone in congress really wanted to do something about it.