The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

Are you serious? Mail-in balloting or online voting should be the only type of voting that should be done right now. Gathering people in large groups is the last thing. A gun IS pointing at ALL of us. 

Hard pass. Fraud is rampant with mail-in voting, there aren't any secure online voting mechanisms or infrastructure in place either. 

Again, see above. Think of the precedent this would set and why certain voices are pushing so hard for it. It's not because they're afraid of the gun you mention, it's because the temptation to garner MORE power through nefarious means is tough for many to pass up in partisan circles. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Keep something in mind, people. China hid the seriousness of this virus from the rest of the world for up to 3 months. In the meantime they bought up PPE's, masks and ventilators in great numbers, making them scarce for the rest of the world. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

Take a couple of minutes and read this article explaining how COVID-19 attacks the human body,  It's well written.

https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

This seems an awful like the author is jumping to the conclusion that covid-19 works like malaria to support the idea that ant-malarial drugs work to stop it. Is there any research to support this or is it just some dude's theory?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Keep something in mind, people. China hid the seriousness of this virus from the rest of the world for up to 3 months. In the meantime they bought up PPE's, masks and ventilators in great numbers, making them scarce for the rest of the world. 

And now the CCP (and every other bad actor watching) knows just how easily they can shut down their rivals' economies and way of life. This is just the start of these kinds of shenanigans if we don't start stepping up our courage a bit as people. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

WTF!?  Go hide under your bed.  Seriously. 

They say people who do not venture out become more and more afraid of venturing out.  I didn't believe it. Until now.

The LAST THING we as a country should want is mail-in voting or online voting. How to Rig an Election 101.  :censored:

Wow. It’s no wonder we can’t beat this thing. Imagine being shamed for staying at home during times like these. 

Sorry but I love my family, friends and the world more than my right to vote. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

ABC News: US intelligence warned of China's spreading contagion in November

The US military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI) compiled a November intelligence report in which "analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources of the NCMI's report told ABC News.

The source told ABC News that the intelligence report was then briefed "multiple times" to the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon's Joint Staff and the White House.

Repeated briefings were held through December across the US government, including the National Security Council, culminating in a detailed outline of the threat in the President's Daily Brief in early January, according to ABC News, whose report cited four sources briefed on the matter.

The report, which CNN has not independently verified, raised concerns because of the disease's potential threat to US military forces in Asia, ABC News reported.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics/us-intelligence-report-china-coronavirus/index.html

Hey Alf--

I asked you a couple questions yesterday after you posted the Biden op-ed. I saw later that you're no Biden supporter.  Just wondering if you had any thoughts on the questions posed....joe and his relationship with China, joe and his comparison of Covid to Ebola, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

Wow. It’s no wonder we can’t beat this thing. Imagine being shamed for staying at home during times like these. 

Freedom is hard, Justice. It's risky. Sometimes it's deadly. 

Big boy rules. 

3 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What if it's true?

Then the country is gone anyway, and the election won't matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And now the CCP (and every other bad actor watching) knows just how easily they can shut down their rivals' economies and way of life. This is just the start of these kinds of shenanigans if we don't start stepping up our courage a bit as people. 

Obviously, China needs to pay a steep enough price that they will never again take this approach. The European countries that are nothing more than  China's cucks need to get on board with a strict China ass kicking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We do mail in voting now and it would be more secure from Russian hacking, which might be one of the real reasons Trump is against it 

Hard copy, check

Easily verifiable, Check

Already done and works, check 

Let's hope that Nancy and Chuck make this part of the bailout 

Edited by Tiberius

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

Imagine being shamed for not wanting to stay home.
Imagine not caring about my country enough to vote. Voting is a privilege fought for, and won, by many who came before us.
Imagine loving my family, and the people who have protected (and are protecting) the United States from foreign harm, to want there to be a United States.

We can play this game all day. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Imagine being shamed for not wanting to stay home.
Imagine not caring about my country enough to vote. Voting is a privilege fought for, and won, by many who came before us.
Imagine loving my family, and the people who have protected (and are protecting) the United States from foreign harm, to want there to be a United States.

We can play this game all day. 

Only thing is your game leads to death. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

Imagine all the people living for today.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Obviously, China needs to pay a steep enough price that they will never again take this approach. The European countries that are nothing more than  China's cucks need to get on board with a strict China ass kicking. 

U.K might be first European country going after China.

After the Conservative MPs in UK directed their ire towards China for downplaying the threat of coronavirus, a London-based Conservative think tank has explored possibilities of legally suing China on 10 possible grounds.

The Henry Jackson Society has compiled in its 'Coronavirus Compensation?' report that "China should be sued under international law for trillions of dollars for its initial cover-up of the coronavirus pandemic which has caused more than 60,000 deaths and trillions of dollars in economic damage," London bureau of The Sunday Morning Herald reported.

The report by the think-tank said that damages caused by China amount to at least the £3.2 ($6.5 trillion), which is being spent by G7 nations. It should prop up their domestic economies because the governments forced their citizens to stay at home in order to contain the virus’ spread.

The report emphasised that China owes it to the Australians too, the amount of the compensation that came from Prime Minister Scott Morrison's unprecedented $130 billion in government support for workers and businesses.

UK's observations and reports are in contrast to what China thinks. Senior Chinese figures, including China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian, have "endorsed speculative and groundless claims that the virus was imported to Wuhan by the United States military, instead of emerging at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where wild, live animals were traded", said the Sunday Morning Herald report.

The report says that China could be sued under 10 possible legal avenues, including the International Health Regulations. These regulations became more stringent after the SARS outbreak. China also tried to cover up that outbreak.

https://www.news18.com/news/world/uk-think-tank-seeks-global-solidarity-to-sue-china-for-6-5-trillion-for-covering-up-coronavirus-2565637.html

• Thank you (+1) 2

And imagine thinking your vote actually counts all along? Lol all these guys are the same. Obama continued taking away our rights after George W did the same and now Trump is continuing that tradition. 

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

Good to see you posting again but your approach to this places you squarely in the camp that would rip the heart out of what our country has stood for the last two centuries plus. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Good to see you posting again but your approach to this places you squarely in the camp that would rip the heart out of what our country has stood for the last two centuries plus. 

I’m just hoping there’s still a country standing after all this. 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We do mail in voting now and it would be more secure from Russian hacking, which might be one of the real reasons Trump is against it 

Hard copy, check

Easily verifiable, Check

Already done and works, check 

Let's hope that Nancy and Chuck make this part of the bailout 

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 3