The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That's gibes with something I've heard that a lot of patients are on oxygen (not ventilators). 

I know someone who was hospitalized and tested positive for Coronavirus. They were isolated and given oxygen. Thankfully, they are home now and recovered. 

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

“The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia.“

https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

Wow.  IF that article is correct, that would be a game changer and could get life functioning normally again a LOT sooner than anybody is predicting.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

“The past 48 hours or so have seen a huge revelation: COVID-19 causes prolonged and progressive hypoxia (starving your body of oxygen) by binding to the heme groups in hemoglobin in your red blood cells. People are simply desaturating (losing o2 in their blood), and that’s what eventually leads to organ failures that kill them, not any form of ARDS or pneumonia.“

https://web.archive.org/web/20200405061401/https://medium.com/@agaiziunas/covid-19-had-us-all-fooled-but-now-we-might-have-finally-found-its-secret-91182386efcb

Interesting. I recall early on some scientific analysis of data from Europe and the US suggested there may be a correlation between severity of Coronavirus symptoms and certain blood types. I wonder if this may be part of the reason for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Wow.  IF that article is correct, that would be a game changer and could get life functioning normally again a LOT sooner than anybody is predicting.

It would just, if accurate, explain once of its lines of attack. It doesn't mean everyone going on oxygen would recover. 

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

to my way of thinkin', what makes this 'virus' insipid is the fact that there doesn't seem to be a basic pattern of affliction. from all appearances, it seems random, though more than likely it most certainly is not. what i mean by this is that you can take two identical people, same age, same demographic, same apparent health status and it will seemingly affect both differently. i'm sure there is a underlying (genetic) rhyme and reason for this but it will be sometime, if ever that we understand the correlation.

with this in mind, it very well could be that this virus was nothing more than a SARS- Corona mutation that somehow made a jump from bat to humans. however, also because of this, in my mind i simply can not rule out the possibility that it was bio-engineered.

would be interesting to see the corelation between the various stages of Covid cases and past flu shots

my guess is the corelation is significant

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

It would just, if accurate, explain once of its lines of attack. It doesn't mean everyone going on oxygen would recover. 

No it doesn’t mean that; although no treatment for anything likely has a 100% recovery success rate. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This ^^^. I believe it comes down to expectations. Modern society has gotten too comfortable with what science/ healthcare and the medical community can provide us. The fact is it does not and cannot give us a virtual guarantee of protection from the dangers present in the natural world. Many seem to expect that such protection should be provided to them. The only way to stay away from this thing is to lock ourselves in our homes and never interact. The economy won’t survive that, so we must carry on. Humanity has faced potentially fatal illnesses in the past and managed to pull through. Surrendering freedoms to fear isn’t acceptable to the human drive and will to survive. 

Yeah but you can't just reopen and tell the healthcare system to deal with it because it can't handle this wave and it won't handle another bigger one.

We need to be really smart about re-opening. Not slow. Smart.

For all the complaining about "taking away freedoms," look around yourselves people. We are all under house arrest with minimal privileges. Let's get back a lot more privileges and sacrifice a few others as we exit this phase so we can all get back to work. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Interesting. I recall early on some scientific analysis of data from Europe and the US suggested there may be a correlation between severity of Coronavirus symptoms and certain blood types. I wonder if this may be part of the reason for it. 

Also, the data seems to indicate that men succumb to this more frequently than women.  IF this hemoglobin "attack" is the way COVID causes harm, might women's natural tendency to have to replenish blood cells more frequently than men be a part of the cause for that trend?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Never said they all would.

But IF (again, there's that word) this is a major pathway for the COVID to cause harm, it could SUBSTANTIALLY raise the survival rate as chloroquine (sp?) can be prescribed for most patients as soon as the virus is suspected (provided the supply chain is fixed/set) preventing major damage that would have progressed beyond treatment before it can begin.  And by adding things like blood transfusions as part of the treatment for severely afflicted patients prior to going on a ventillator.

And, this also MIGHT explain partially why young children don't seem to be as affected as adults, especially older adults.  They can produce red blood cells a lot more efficiently than the elderly can as they as still growing.

Just now, Taro T said:

Never said they all would.

But IF (again, there's that word) this is a major pathway for the COVID to cause harm, it could SUBSTANTIALLY raise the survival rate as chloroquine (sp?) can be prescribed for most patients as soon as the virus is suspected (provided the supply chain is fixed/set) preventing major damage that would have progressed beyond treatment before it can begin.  And by adding things like blood transfusions as part of the treatment for severely afflicted patients prior to going on a ventillator.

And, this also MIGHT explain partially why young children don't seem to be as affected as adults, especially older adults.  They can produce red blood cells a lot more efficiently than the elderly can as they as still growing.

By the way, that article about the O2 is not a doctor. Just some guy posting under an anonymous username on a site that allows anyone to publish. So we might want to follow a better spirit guide on this path. I'm not saying he's totally wrong, but more just this: Who knows. 

Just now, shoshin said:

By the way, that article about the O2 is not a doctor. Just some guy posting under an anonymous username on a site that allows anyone to publish. So we might want to follow a better spirit guide on this path. I'm not saying he's totally wrong, but more just this: Who knows. 

What part of IF is the difficult to understand part?

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

What part of IF is the difficult to understand part?

I am not arguing with you or him. It's just that our unqualified armchair speculation is based on someone else's unqualified armchair speculation. It's a triple-internet-hearsay logic error and I'm noting I'm guilty of it because I also was interested in his conclusions until I saw the website and the "author."

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I am not arguing with you or him. It's just that our unqualified armchair speculation is based on someone else's unqualified armchair speculation. It's a triple-internet-hearsay logic error and I'm noting I'm guilty of it because I also was interested in his conclusions until I saw the website and the "author."

Without triple-internet-hearsay logic error there wouldn't be a deep state, though

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GG said:

Forget the midnight angle.  Full body HAZMATS?

Not much evidence to go on from a video that could be from anytime by anyone doing something that might not be covid related. 

I am sure the Chinese are full of ***** though. 

Edited by shoshin

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

There is definitely a shortage if you count people needing to re-use old masks and use makeshift PPE. That is 100% happening and until this hit, was considered unthinkable.

It's what we have to do right now, but it is real. I don't have a doctor friend locally who isn't seeing it. And our healthcare for things that are considered "nonessential" procedures is in the shitter right now. Coming out of this, we will have a different kind of healthcare crisis where a lot of people are sicker than they were before this started from many other things. My wife's patients are starting to have really serious issues and getting triage treatments in their homes. It is a long ways from ideal. 

I'm not a doom-and-gloom guy on CV-19. I think it's under control and going away. But there are secondary effects coming. No rainbows and unicorns as we come out of this, and we have to be really careful this doesn't happen twice.  

My neighbor's 7 month old girl is having an open heart operation on Thursday, which if successful, will give her time to an age 7 surgery, which would be her last they hope. She will be hospitalized for two weeks. Best doctors in the world. Best health system in the world. But even still, the support around the baby will not be the same as an operation that took place when she was born. They've been told this. 

My prayers for the little one. My daughter had open heart surgery at four months. It’s a terrible ordeal for everyone. My daughter is now 37. I have very high regard for pediatric cardiovascular surgeons and their teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4