The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ask Obama.  The H1N1 outbreak depleted them and they were never restocked.

They didn’t need them apparently. Trump had 3 plus years to restock them and ***** the bed again. 

Edited by Q-baby!

1 minute ago, GG said:

Actually I will continue to point and blame China & WHO for downplaying the seriousness of the virus and not sharing enough information as early as possible.   February was a critical lost month where all Western health officials' assumptions were based on low human to human transmissability, thanks to China & WHO.

Where are the shortages?

Why are healthcare workers  and first responders  dying and getting infected  mainly NYC

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Alph, from the time we absolutely know that China was well aware that the coronavirus could be spread from people to people and the time that Trump shut down that travel, China allowed 20,000 people a day to travel to the U.S. That's about 600,000 people. During the time China was lying to the world they were stockpiling such things as masks, ventilators and other PPE's. Thisshit is on China!

Absolutely amazing to me that people want expend so much time finding blame during a crisis. However, what is more amazing to me is that, when they finally do settle on their object of blame, it is Trump and not China.

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

Why are healthcare workers  and first responders  dying and getting infected  mainly NYC

Maybe because it is a virus that is highly contagious and can kill people, particularly in the place where most of the cases are?

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Absolutely amazing to me that people want expend so much time finding blame during a crisis. However, what is more amazing to me is that, when they finally do settle on their object of blame, it is Trump and not China.

Maybe because it is a virus that is highly contagious and can kill people, particularly in the place where most of the cases are?

So PPE won't protect them ?

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Right, most of those people came into the country before the Jan 31 restrictions. Forget the fact that, on Jan 23, the WHO was still reporting to the world that the outbreak did not yet constitute a public emergency of international concern and there was "no evidence" of the virus spreading between humans outside of China.....

Yup.  Tens to hundreds of infected cases came in prior to the ban, spreading the disease silently.  And then more came in from Italy and Iran before we knew about it.  The only thing that would have worked was closing down borders as soon as the first case was reported in China (which may have to happen in the future) but that wasn't going to happen.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Hey, knock it off with facts. Besides, don't you know that WHO is getting ready to sponsor a national coming together with Colbert and Fallon to make us all feel better?

Please tell me you're joking.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WHEN IS A CORONAVIRUS DEATH ACTUALLY A CORONAVIRUS DEATH? 

Good question, raised by Julie Kelly of American Greatness. 

The answers are about as clear as a gallon of Mississippi River mud flats water.

@billsfan1959

just a FYI here... in the comments section there is a greater, in detail time line of events posted by the user, 'fiscal conserv 58' with 11 posts. i have appreciated your timeline you have posted and thought you might like a more in depth look.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Obama used the last roll of TP in the White House too. Has Trump been wiping his ass with his hand this whole time?

No, the New York Times...

10 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

They didn’t need them apparently. Trump had 3 plus years to restock them and ***** the bed again. 

Nice deflection.  You use it, you replace it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

So PPE won't protect them ?

I know it is hard to believe, but healthcare workers can actually contract viruses from patients they work on.

However, if you would like to provide the statistics and sources regarding the shortage of PPE and numbers of healthcare workers contracting the virus, then it would help the discussion.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not with 100% effectiveness, no.

Phew! Good thing you came out of the woodwork to state an obvious fact

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, the New York Times...

Must be why they have record sales

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

So I'd make more on unemployment than I do now (not much but I would). How does the Government justify paying people at home more than the "essential" employees who have to risk their health?

The need for swift action allowed the government to ignore the relatively few instances that were worthy of head shaking and would normally be fought over in Congress. Sort of like when the tidal wave is coming don't spend time replacing the washer in the kitchen faucet. Remember passing this legislation in order to get money out there to people was of the utmost importance and there were people trying to force new elections laws and airplane emission standards into it. Yes, who knew, but some people tried to make this crisis political.

7 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I know it is hard to believe, but healthcare workers can actually contract viruses from patients they work on.

However, if you would like to provide the statistics and sources regarding the shortage of PPE and numbers of healthcare workers contracting the virus, then it would help the discussion.

I know, I know fake news

‘At War With No Ammo’: Doctors Say Shortage of Protective Gear Is Dire

March 19, 2020

The Open Cities Community Health Center in St. Paul, Minn., is considering shutting down because it doesn’t have enough face masks.

Doctors at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis are performing invasive procedures on coronavirus patients with loose fitting surgical masks rather than the tight respirator masks recommended by health agencies.

At a Los Angeles emergency room, doctors were given a box of expired masks, and when they tried to put them on, the elastic bands snapped.

With coronavirus cases soaring, doctors, nurses and other front-line medical workers across the United States are confronting a dire shortage of masks, surgical gowns and eye gear to protect them from the virus.

In interviews, doctors said they were increasingly anxious, fearing they could expose not only themselves to the virus, but their families and others.

“There’s absolutely no way to protect myself,” said Dr. Faezah A. Bux, an anesthesiologist in central Kentucky who in recent days had to intubate several elderly patients in respiratory distress without the respirator masks and protective eye gear recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “Not only can I not protect myself, I can’t protect my patients.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/health/coronavirus-masks-shortage.html

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

How can anyone think that wiping his ass with the NYT wouldn't actually put moreshit on his ass than remove it?

True - so the question remains - how does Trump wipe his ass since Obama used the last roll of toilet paper before he left?