The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — In what may be the first lawsuit filed in Louisville over workplace conditions during the coronavirus crisis, two employees of Radio Communications Systems say they were fired for complaining the company wasn’t complying with state-ordered precautions. 

The workers, Robbie Payne and Erica Shaw, allege the company’s owner “brushed off” their concerns and characterized the virus as “not that big of an issue,” stating that everyone was “overreacting.” 

The suit, filed Friday in Jefferson Circuit Court, said the workers were wrongfully discharged in violation of public policy and requests compensatory and punitive damages.  

It was filed by attorney Robyn Smith, who also represents an employee at the Rawlings Group in Oldham County who had complained about conditions there.

Smith said she believes the suit against Radio Communications System is the first filed locally over workplace conditions during the pandemic.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2020/03/28/coronavirus-fired-workers-sue-after-they-say-owner-dismissed-concerns/2934867001/

Lots of people going to be looking for cheap scam money after this shutdown. No surprise there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus.

Nice career you had there, Karen.

• Haha (+1) 2

I could be the last person some of these patients ever see, or the last voice they hear. A lot of people will never come off the ventilator. That’s the reality of this virus. I force myself to think about that for a few seconds each time I walk into the ICU to do an intubation.
This is my entire job now. Airways. Coronavirus airways. I’m working 14 hours a night and six nights a week. When patients aren’t getting enough oxygen, I place a tube down their airway so we can put them on a vent. It buys their body time to fight the virus. It’s also probably the most dangerous procedure a doctor can do when it comes to personal exposure. I’m getting within a few inches of the patient’s face. I’m leaning in toward the mouth, placing my fingers on the gums, opening up the airway. All it takes is a cough. A gag. If anything goes badly, you can have a room full of virus.
Thank you again to the doctors and other medical professionals fighting this! Heroes always
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The NYT's asks a question............

There are numbers on the CDC website that back this up.

"With" has become "from" and it inflates the death numbers (this is happening worldwide).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

One of the reasons I do these press conferences is so they don't believe the fake new...

Uuuuut ohhhhh

OAN asking about Latin America drug dealing. Trump "we are hitting them hard."  (No wonder the rest of the press wants her gone.) Trump also bringing up human trafficking.

ha! The Democrats want open borders. These people may be sick, may be criminals, want sanctuary cities that protect criminals.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Giroir talking about the  antibody tests. They want to make sure they actually work. They are hopeful to having working tests (tests that actually work) by May. (He's saying this is how America opens back up... ummmm )

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pence: 2179 medical military personal in NYC. By next week that will be 3,000. (They will continue to arrive...)

Pence broke down where the 500 ventilators from California are going (he just learned the breakdown, and 50 are going to Guam!).

• Thank you (+1) 2

I haven’t seen any of the pressers but just from reading this and some of the models you guys had above, today feels like a good day. A day we all needed. Not to dismiss the unfortunate who are suffering but a step back towards living life again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

I haven’t seen any of the pressers but just from reading this and some of the models you guys had above, today feels like a good day. A day we all needed. Not to dismiss the unfortunate who are suffering but a step back towards living life again. 

They keep reiterating that this week is going to be very bad. 

Dr. Brix is up now, and she is pointing out some micro-outbreaks in different states (VT, Montana, etc).

CDC.gov/coronavirus

The daily numbers where it is.

They are doing more with this system for early alerts in the future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Hopefully this isn't just the calm before the storm.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They keep reiterating that this week is going to be very bad. 

Dr. Brix is up now, and she is pointing out some micro-outbreaks in different states (VT, Montana, etc).

CDC.gov/coronavirus

The daily numbers where it is.

They are doing more with this system for early alerts in the future.

It is going to be a bad week.

About 10,000 people are going to die.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It is going to be a bad week.

About 10,000 people are going to die.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, jrober38 said:

It adds up when you consider that most Federal Governments around the world are projecting 40-70% of their population to get the virus.

Considering that it kills 1-2% of the people it infects, you're talking about millions and millions of deaths. 

• Haha (+1) 4