The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, Dante said:

At this point I just laugh at all this drama over a obvious hoax. It is scary that such mass manipulation is possible. I guess this particular psyop is much easier to debunk due to the access citizen journalists have. All hero's. If it's so easy to get the entire world to shut down how many other things are products of manipulation? How many wars have we signed off on? How may government regulations and on and on.

Anyway these people independently recording the bullshite are doing great work. The pooch dropping deuce at the 8.40 mark in front of the hospital is a perfect metaphor.

This is the biggest concern, by far.  The American citizen is really going to be put to the test after this goes away.  The challenge to get the economy going again is going to far exceed the virus (IMHO).

Just think about this, the government has essentially stepped in and taken over a large percentage of the economy in the span of a few weeks with cash disbursements guaranteed for a long time.  There is much less incentive for people to get back to work if they know they can sit around and collect a paycheck for 50 weeks or whatever it is.  How are business owners going to survive if they can't get people back in the workforce?

Maybe I am wrong about this, and I sincerely hope I am.

20 minutes ago, Dante said:

At this point I just laugh at all this drama over a obvious hoax. It is scary that such mass manipulation is possible. I guess this particular psyop is much easier to debunk due to the access citizen journalists have. All hero's. If it's so easy to get the entire world to shut down how many other things are products of manipulation? How many wars have we signed off on? How may government regulations and on and on.

Anyway these people independently recording the bullshite are doing great work. The pooch dropping deuce at the 8.40 mark in front of the hospital is a perfect metaphor.

Have there been any confirmed COVID-19 deaths yet, conclusively?

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

This is the biggest concern, by far.  The American citizen is really going to be put to the test after this goes away.  The challenge to get the economy going again is going to far exceed the virus (IMHO).

Just think about this, the government has essentially stepped in and taken over a large percentage of the economy in the span of a few weeks with cash disbursements guaranteed for a long time.  There is much less incentive for people to get back to work if they know they can sit around and collect a paycheck for 50 weeks or whatever it is.  How are business owners going to survive if they can't get people back in the workforce?

I don’t think there will be a problem with people wanting to get back to work. Most of them want to get back already. There will be a lot less places for them to do so, and that’s a bigger problem . 

People who do try and just take a free paycheck will pay for it in the end. Interviewers love to question employment gaps and kids looking to pay off student loans will be gunning for openings. A rational person would fear missing out on a job opportunity by indulging in short term greed.

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

People who do try and just take a free paycheck will pay for it in the end. Interviewers love to question employment gaps and kids looking to pay off student loans will be gunning for openings. A rational person would fear missing out on a job opportunity by indulging in short term greed.

I hope you and Boatdrinks are right! 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Not true for Gates. But carry on. 

Well, you could say that Gates probably has a lot of money tied up in this venture, but he's unlikely to make much of a profit off of it.

Vaccines do not traditionally have a good profit margin, unfortunately, which is why pharmaceutical companies are often reluctant to spend a lot on developing new ones.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Have you seen Righteous Gemstones yet? If not, highly recommend. 

I'll check it out.  Thanks.

Edit: Great cast - I'm in!

Edited by Gene Frenkle
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope you and Boatdrinks are right! 

You gotta think anyone with kids would be hustling to get a job too.

It will be interesting to see if wages change significantly one way or the other when places open up for hiring. 

My bigger fear is that many jobs that were there before may be eliminated for one reason or another. People need the job openings to return to.

8 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Well, you could say that Gates probably has a lot of money tied up in this venture, but he's unlikely to make much of a profit off of it.

Vaccines do not traditionally have a good profit margin, unfortunately, which is why pharmaceutical companies are often reluctant to spend a lot on developing new ones.

I'll check it out.  Thanks.

Edit: Great cast - I'm in!

I love you, Gene, even when we disagree. But to suggest that there isn't BIG money to be made in vaccine patents isn't accurate. There's a lot of dry holes (to use an oilman's metaphor), and those can be pricey, but if you get a winner it's BIG money. Even bigger, I imagine, if you can be the first one to market with a vaccine that would virtually be made mandatory overnight by over 150 countries for its population. 

And even if you disagree with the above, don't hold that against the Gemstone recommendation. It's hilarious :beer: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Have you seen Righteous Gemstones yet? If not, highly recommend. 

Guys like him are a stain on people of faith. The proverbial wolves in sheep's clothing, guys like him, Hinn, Warren, Osteen, et cetera, et cetera ad infinitum.

• Like (+1) 1

Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus.

State Rep. Karen Whitsett, who learned Monday she has tested positive for COVID-19, said she started taking hydroxychloroquine on March 31, prescribed by her doctor, after both she and her husband sought treatment for a range of symptoms on March 18.

"It was less than two hours" before she started to feel relief, said Whitsett, who had experienced shortness of breath, swollen lymph nodes, and what felt like a sinus infection. She is still experiencing headaches, she said.

Whitsett said she was familiar with "the wonders" of hydroxychloroquine from an earlier bout with Lyme disease, but does not believe she would have thought to ask for it, or her doctor would have prescribed it, had Trump not been touting it as a possible treatment for COVID-19.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 4