The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

I'm not replying to you.

Buffalo Gal says the talking points being released by the TDSers are even nuttier than usual the last 48 hours.

Her talking point example is Hydroxychloroquine is unproven for COVID-19 treatment

That talking point is echoed by Dr. Fauci.

So I ask, does Dr. Fauci have a case of TDS?

Why is it that these so called life-long experts are always wrong and Trump is always right? Trump issues a travel ban that probably saved millions and millions of lives while the WHO and Fauci and the media called it racist. Now, shortly after Hydroxychloroquine trials have begun widespread use in NY we have the curve flattening and death rate reducing. 

Trump has common sense and the good of America as his sole priority. It may not be TDS, but everyone else seems to not put America first and they’ve even gone as far as to say the phrase “America First” is racist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nobody Has Filled The Strategic PPE Stockpile Since Bush 43

Much of the MSM coverage of the novel coronavirus pandemic has boiled down to a blame game at this point. While there were some hopeful signs of cooperation for a while between federal, state and municipal governments, particularly in New York and California, we’re now seeing some governors blaming the White House, the President calling out the states and almost everyone in cable news and the major newspapers seeking to blame the Bad Orange Man for doing a Bad Job.

Nowhere is this blame game more evident than in the debate over why we don’t have more ventilators, gloves, N95 masks and other personal protective medical equipment in the national strategic stockpile. The President recently blamed previous administrations, with a particular emphasis on Barack Obama, for depleting the strategic stockpile and not refilling it. This is a claim that’s been picked up by many (primarily conservative) outlets in the past week. So is it true? USA Today did a deep-diving fact check of this claim over the weekend and found that it is, but Obama isn’t the only president open to criticism here.

Still, if the claim to be checked is specific to whether or not the Obama administration fulfilled its duties, they concluded that he did not.

Our rating: True

We rate this claim TRUE because it is supported by our research. There is no indication that the Obama administration took significant steps to replenish the supply of N95 masks in the Strategic National Stockpile after it was depleted from repeated crises. Calls for action came from experts at the time concerned for the country’s ability to respond to future serious pandemics. Such recommendations were, for whatever reason, not heeded.

There’s a lot of good background on the history of the strategic national stockpile of PPE in that article and how the system fell into decay. It was established in 1999 and was used during a number of crisis periods including 9/11 and various disease outbreaks. The supplies have been used more than a dozen times since then, but there were no serious efforts to fully replenish the stockpile since it was used by the Bush administration following hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.

The Obama administration reported used up roughly 75 percent of N95 respirators and 25 percent of face masks during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic. The supplies were tapped again during various hurricanes beginning in 2009 as well as the 2014 ebola virus outbreak and the 2016 zika virus event. At no time was the supply replenished. Further, the storage facilities for many of the masks were not maintained properly or inspected, leading to a large number of masks being destroyed by dry rot.

But as I said at the top, there’s plenty of blame to go around. George W. Bush kept tapping the supplies during his last three years in office without replenishing them. And Donald Trump had nearly two full years to address the problem after taking office, but he didn’t do it either. 

More at the link:

While other admins might not have restocked, H1N1 appeared during Obama's admin and the stockpiles should have been refilled. 

• Like (+1) 3

Let me get this straight. We’re blaming Trump for NOT looking in the closet to see that his predecessors had stolen the clothes? Yikes! Is there any evidence that his advisors told him so and he said ‘don’t worry about it’? I’ve not seen that reported. 

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

Every so often we get a visit from JCAHO.  What a worthless ***** organization that is.  Every time they come they find some stupid thing to ding us on so that they can justify their worthless jobs.  Now all that ***** has been thrown out the window.

Kind of like when the health department would show up at restaurants. I understand we have to be clean but come on. People are not dying in the streets from food poisoning. And sometimes it gets lonely in the kitchen. Nothing passes the time better on a slow Monday night than teaching cockroaches to conga dance. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

While other admins might not have restocked, H1N1 appeared during Obama's admin and the stockpiles should have been refilled. 

The CDC  and  FEMA   should have testified before Congress on the need to fill the stockpile. They get paid big money and I blame them for not doing their job. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good to hear.  That's it's ABC and a California doc make it even more credible.

Edit:  Was going to say that taking it with zinc is the key and then I watched the interview and yep, that's what the doc said.  Of course when I went to Walmart the other day, zinc was completely sold out...

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, shoshin said:

Most people think fewer humans would be good for the earth in many ways. Not just ecologically although that's true but also economically long term. But depopulation by killing humans is a lot different than trying to find a way to birth fewer resource-consuming humans, especially for the issues he's mostly concerned about in developing countries. 

Gates's humanitarian efforts are praiseworthy and he has been talking about these flexible vaccine factories for a while to respond to outbreaks. He's not the only person and his investments are not the only companies that have this capability. He just gets more press because of who he is. If the early stage vaccine trials are promising, a lot of places will get started preparing in advance so we can produce sooner, even though that preparation could be a total loss if the trials don't work out. It's a risk we all are OK with. 

Gates is a bad guy. All the way bad. He went to Esptein's island after the first conviction (plus several other times). He's a eugenicist with great PR, nothing more. Oh, and he didn't let his own children be vaccinated by his own product. 

But sure, other than his hanging out with child traffickers on the regular, at creepy occult islands, praising the idea of de-population (not birth control), and SELLING vaccines (not doing them for free), he's a great guy. 

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

is there literally ANY topic you're right on?

Not since 2016 at least. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Two takeaways from Cuomo's briefer today.

A) Not one single New Yorker has died from a lack of not having a ventilator. 

B) Anecdotally, Cuomo is hearing a lot of New York Doctors saying that the Anti Malarial drug that Trump has been talking about is working...So much so that he is going to ask Trump to send him more.

These are two major points that the media loves to hound this administration about and Cuomo himself made these comments today.

God, the media sucks so bad. 

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I called the article bull**** because it made an accusation that Trump did nothing for 70 days and offered no evidence of when he should have acted. A point I clearly stated in the following reply.

This is your reply below:

Here is your original post of the article that I originally responded to as bull****. NOTICE THE FIRST SENTENCE IN THE TWITTER POST AND BOLDED PARTS IN THE ARTICLE YOU COPIED AND PASTED.

So, let me recap:

1) You post an article, the point of which was to accuse the Trump Administration of failing to act for 70 days

2) I call it bull****, and provide a complete timeline of accurate, verifiable facts showing why it was reasonable for Trump and every other leader to not realize how substantial the threat outside of China was until late Feb. I ask you to tell us when you think he should have acted and why.

3) You refuse to answer my question. You respond that I called the article bull**** and ask me to prove it (even though I already did with the facts in the timeline).

4) I go through the article, AGAIN, and literally find nothing, AGAIN, that says WHY he should have done more. I point out to you that there is literally no evidence presented in the article to show there was a failure of Trump to act in that first 70 days.

5) Your response then is to actually say the article didn't claim Trump waited 70 days to act. You then stated it proves I didn't read it

6) It is in the actual twitter post you copied, in the very first sentence of the article you posted, and the ENTIRE POINT of the article. So, apparently YOU didn't read ANYTHING that YOU copied and posted.

7) You are an idiot, and I mean that in the kindest "you have a room temperature IQ" kind of way.

Jesus. You still don't ***** get it.

So you're dense, illiterate, and are incapable of communicating.

I'm done with you. Go play with your pals. I have better things to do with my time than engage in a conversation with someone who can't answer the first goddamn question in that conversation.

Like pulling teeth.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

This is junk all over Twitter when I was trying to find a quote from Fauci. Craziness, though on Twitter, it went 8 layers deeper.

It's like saying Trump released the virus to stop a surging Joe Biden or Bezos released it so he could have a surge in profits at Amazon and Whole Foods. 

There's wild crazy attached to it -- as with any kernel of truth. But there's also a lot  of truth to it. More than the image of Bill you're painting in your mind. 

He's an Epstein guy -- even AFTER the world knew he was trafficking children. That says a lot about Bill. I won't say one way or the other if he likes to ***** children, but he sure likes hanging out with people who do. That, for me at least, is a MAJOR red flag. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm done with you. Go play with your pals. I have better things to do with my time than engage in a conversation with someone who can't answer the first goddamn question in that conversation.

Like pulling teeth.

Ahhh....you lose an argument and throw a tantrum like a child. 

Honestly, you are exactly what I would expect if @Gary Busey and @Q-baby! were brother and sister and had a child...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Get a load of this: State Democratic Representative Wants Trump in Front of The Hague for 'Crimes Against Humanity'

:lol:

And again, the Dems blowing Russia is like them doing the same for the terrorists Trump had killed.  Pathetic.

My favorite part is where she says she doesn't know how to do it, but it can't be that hard. 

TDS is more lethal than the Chinese virus. 

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Like pulling teeth.

Coward does cowardly things again -- no one is surprised. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Two takeaways from Cuomo's briefer today.

A) Not one single New Yorker has died from a lack of not having a ventilator. 

B) Anecdotally, Cuomo is hearing a lot of New York Doctors saying that the Anti Malarial drug that Trump has been talking about is working...So much so that he is going to ask Trump to send him more.

This is two major points that the media loves to hound this administration about and Cuomo himself made these comments today.

God, the media sucks so bad. 

The odds of surviving after being on a ventilator according to some reports is 50%.  That’s scary.