The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

17 hours ago, daz28 said:

Was anyone charged with inciting the hate crime assault, or do we have to wait until January for that?

in case you were unaware, this past January they passed a bail reform law. as part of a natural evolution of it, they have just stopped arresting people at all.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Are people that test for it and aren’t hospitalized allowed to get HCQ or is just an emergency thing?

Lord...HCQ....You know what would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions in economic activity? Starting our current state of action in February instead of the end of March, having all states adhere to a common protocol...you know....having our general ***** together.....which will still have more lives and economic activity than HCQ ever will ....and yet here the nation is ....talking about HCQ like its a difference maker...

• Haha (+1) 2

STACY MCCAIN: Coronavirus: The Wrong Numbers. Will the media ever admit the failure of doomsday projections? 

What matters, from the perspective of avoiding a crisis that overwhelms our health-care system, is not how many people are infected with the coronavirus, but rather the number of patients hospitalized.

As tests for the Chinese virus have become more widely available, a majority of people who test positive — more than 80 percent in some states — are never hospitalized. Earlier projections of a system-crashing crisis have so far been proven false, but the media refuse to acknowledge the failure of the doomsday prophets and their computer-generated pandemic models.”

I’d say it’s a little early to declare victory yet, but I did just hear from a doc in New Orleans that his ICU was full, but not overloaded.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Lord...HCQ....You know what would have saved 10's of thousands of lives and trillions in economic activity? Starting our current state of action in February instead of the end of March, having all states adhere to a common protocol...you know....having our general ***** together.....which will still have more lives and economic activity than HCQ ever will ....and yet here the nation is ....talking about HCQ like its a difference maker...

is there literally ANY topic you're right on?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, TH3 said:

If my aunt had a penis, she'd be my uncle. 

(This needs updating in our new world. A saying lost to the ages I guess.)

February was a lost month, 2017-2019 were lost years. But here we are now. No responsible person is whining about HCQ. Maybe it helps. Maybe it doesn't. In cases where it doesn't hurt a patient, it's worth a shot because of anecdotal evidence and because the virus is moving faster than the data. 

But we've already had conflicting actual preliminary tests about its effectiveness. That's not a political observation. 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

STACY MCCAIN: Coronavirus: The Wrong Numbers. Will the media ever admit the failure of doomsday projections? 

What matters, from the perspective of avoiding a crisis that overwhelms our health-care system, is not how many people are infected with the coronavirus, but rather the number of patients hospitalized.

As tests for the Chinese virus have become more widely available, a majority of people who test positive — more than 80 percent in some states — are never hospitalized. Earlier projections of a system-crashing crisis have so far been proven false, but the media refuse to acknowledge the failure of the doomsday prophets and their computer-generated pandemic models.”

I’d say it’s a little early to declare victory yet, but I did just hear from a doc in New Orleans that his ICU was full, but not overloaded.

We socially distance.

Maybe we don't have a huge problem.

"We overreacted." 

Maybe 1 and 2 were cause and effect, Stacy McCain. 

We didn't overreact in NYC. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Yah I’m sure if the sitting president shut down travel entirely there  wouldn’t have been riots in every major city.

Now can you answer my question? If not, hush it. I don’t see anyone saying it’s a cure. The closest thing was a silly meme. 

Boston Medical Center has been treating everyone that is even suspected with it, I was curious if it was now being provided by general care docs. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TH3 said:

What about if Dems were in control and we didn't shut down the borders for weeks after they were shut down?  Talk about a difference-maker...

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, TH3 said:

There’s not one western nation that shut down anything or even contemplated it in February and no leader would have made that choice.  To focus on that makes you even more intellectually dishonest than you already are.

There are hundreds of clinical trials that are now taking place so you should not discount the benefit of drugs to help minimize the severity of cases and death.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Yeah and if Frank Reich has only gotten those laces facing the right way. 

Hindsight doesn’t make you smart. It makes you a tool. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I called the article bull**** because it made an accusation that Trump did nothing for 70 days and offered no evidence of when he should have acted. A point I clearly stated in the following reply.

This is your reply below:

Here is your original post of the article that I originally responded to as bull****. NOTICE THE FIRST SENTENCE IN THE TWITTER POST AND BOLDED PARTS IN THE ARTICLE YOU COPIED AND PASTED.

So, let me recap:

1) You post an article, the point of which was to accuse the Trump Administration of failing to act for 70 days

2) I call it bull****, and provide a complete timeline of accurate, verifiable facts showing why it was reasonable for Trump and every other leader to not realize how substantial the threat outside of China was until late Feb. I ask you to tell us when you think he should have acted and why.

3) You refuse to answer my question. You respond that I called the article bull**** and ask me to prove it (even though I already did with the facts in the timeline).

4) I go through the article, AGAIN, and literally find nothing, AGAIN, that says WHY he should have done more. I point out to you that there is literally no evidence presented in the article to show there was a failure of Trump to act in that first 70 days.

5) Your response then is to actually say the article didn't claim Trump waited 70 days to act. You then stated it proves I didn't read it

6) It is in the actual twitter post you copied, in the very first sentence of the article you posted, and the ENTIRE POINT of the article. So, apparently YOU didn't read ANYTHING that YOU copied and posted.

7) You are an idiot, and I mean that in the kindest "you have a room temperature IQ" kind of way.

This is exactly why I refuse to interact with that poster in any way. Went through a very similar discussion a while back and realized that they have no interest in actual discussion. Just blasts links with no information, biased interpretation, or blatantly false information and ignores any information provided by the other side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

Most people think fewer humans would be good for the earth in many ways. ...

... Gates's humanitarian efforts are praiseworthy and he has been talking about these flexible vaccine factories for a while to respond to outbreaks. ....

EUoA0aCWsAI5ykk.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Every so often we get a visit from JCAHO.  What a worthless ***** organization that is.  Every time they come they find some stupid thing to ding us on so that they can justify their worthless jobs.  Now all that ***** has been thrown out the window.

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

EUoA0aCWsAI5ykk.jpg

This is junk all over Twitter when I was trying to find a quote from Fauci. Craziness, though on Twitter, it went 8 layers deeper.

It's like saying Trump released the virus to stop a surging Joe Biden or Bezos released it so he could have a surge in profits at Amazon and Whole Foods. 

Edited by shoshin