The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, shoshin said:

i see the trends. I just don’t see that Fauci said it. I wasn’t questioning her like I didn’t believe it. I wanted to share that with a few people and couldn’t find it. 

That last thing you said is really important. NYC Metro is 65% of deaths in the last 24 hours in America. If we can control it there, the country numbers may start to drop. 

Birx said it.  The blueprint is out there, people just have to stick with it.  

White House coronavirus coordinator Deborah Birx said during a White House briefing that modeling shows New York, Detroit and New Orleans— and the areas around those cities—will likely reach the peak of their outbreaks in the next six to seven days.

She declined to predict how many people could perish in those cities, noting that each place is different. But she said that New York has seen several hundred deaths per day and officials there have said that figure could increase into the range of 500-700 people per day.

“That’s very concerning to us,” Dr. Birx said.

Government officials are closely monitoring an uptick in cases in Pennsylvania, Colorado and Washington, D.C., she said, explaining that experts are hopefully social distancing in those places could prevent those areas from seeing the same level of spread as New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and part of Rhode Island are having.

“The next two weeks are extraordinarily important,” she said.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm trying to figure out what you consider a Trump "follower/ball licker.  What makes a person a Trump "follower"/ball licker in your mind.

So like Tibs you don't like answering direct questions.  

One who, no matter what Trump does, believes he did right, even when he is wrong. Blind faith.  

The same people who if you swapped out Trump and put Obama in and Obama did the same things, said the same things, they would rip him apart. 

That is a ball licker. Don’t feed me the BS about Obama, because I was not a fan of his and would have the same response to him as well. 

That’s the problem with politics because people support the party regardless of the results. Blind!

Watching today’s press conference I couldn’t help but wonder why all these dorky media types are allowed to sit anywhere close to the leader of the free world and his team without wearing PPE?   It makes zero sense that these are the same people criticizing Trump for not wearing a mask! NOBODY would shed a tear if any of these mouth breathing media morons got the virus but they better not give it to the President!

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Can you have a conversation without getting grotesque?

Ha ha that’s grotesque? Ok! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Watching today’s press conference I couldn’t help but wonder why all these dorky media types are allowed to sit anywhere close to the leader of the free world and his team without wearing PPE?   It makes zero sense that these are the same people criticizing Trump for not wearing a mask! NOBODY would shed a tear if any of these mouth breathing media morons got the virus but they better not give it to the President!

It’s under control. There are zero cases in Merica! 

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

4 percent of world population.....30 percent of CV cases.....The winning...tremendous....10/10

If you pretend China's, like, 50,000 extra urn orders in Wuhan were for their reported 2500 deaths, then sure

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

One who, no matter what Trump does, believes he did right, even when he is wrong. Blind faith.  

The same people who if you swapped out Trump and put Obama in and Obama did the same things, said the same things, they would rip him apart. 

That is a ball licker. Don’t feed me the BS about Obama, because I was not a fan of his and would have the same response to him as well. 

That’s the problem with politics because people support the party regardless of the results. Blind!

So based on this it’s safe to say that you have no idea what the vast majority of us think and you just barf out this stuff because you’re an immature fool.  

And Obama???  Where did I bring up Obama??  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

If you pretend China's, like, 50,000 extra urn orders in Wuhan were for their reported 2500 deaths, then sure

Nah, that's just for decoration.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

i see the trends. I just don’t see that Fauci said it. I wasn’t questioning her like I didn’t believe it. I wanted to share that with a few people and couldn’t find it. 

That last thing you said is really important. NYC Metro is 65% of deaths in the last 24 hours in America. If we can control it there, the country numbers may start to drop. 

Look for the first time he was up at the podium today. I "think" that was when he said it. (Dr Brix came later.)

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Coronavirus: Anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin kills COVID-19 in lab within 48 hours

An anti-parasitic drug available throughout the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.

“We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it,” Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute’s Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday.

While it’s not known how Ivermectin works on the virus, the drug likely stops the virus dampening the host cells’ ability to clear it.

</snip>

How come this drug isn't getting more attention? 

I barely see any acknowledgement of it. It's already been tested and approved for years, so there must have been plenty of study of it's side effects and long term effects. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011?via%3Dihub

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So based on this it’s safe to say that you have no idea what the vast majority of us think and you just barf out this stuff because you’re an immature fool.  

And Obama???  Where did I bring up Obama??  

I don’t care what ball lickers think of me. 

You would be ok with this whole situation if all the same decisions were made by Obama? Don’t be a liar! 

20 minutes ago, arcane said:

It is unreal that this is how you choose to spend your time and see the world 

It’s unreal that people are dead because Trump said everything was under control. That’s unreal! 

My little brother's friend died of Cov19 in South Buffalo, I have a good friend in ICU here in Oregon. This is dreadful. Stock up on food and stay home if you can, this disaster is still far from over unfortunately. Best wishes to you all.

• Sad 9

6 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

How come this drug isn't getting more attention? 

I barely see any acknowledgement of it. It's already been tested and approved for years, so there must have been plenty of study of it's side effects and long term effects. 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011?via%3Dihub

Lots of drugs kill viruses in test tubes. This study is very preliminary. 

1 hour ago, GG said:

Birx said it.  The blueprint is out there, people just have to stick with it.  

Thanks. Her comments about case uptick are so hard to react to. Case counting everywhere is increasing as testing increases, and testing backlogs get reduced. It’s a great metric when it’s accurate but a bad one right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

My little brother's friend died of Cov19 in South Buffalo, I have a good friend in ICU here in Oregon. This is dreadful. Stock up on food and stay home if you can, this disaster is still far from over unfortunately. Best wishes to you all.

That sucks. Sorry you are going through this. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

You have mentioned you have an underlying condition, Stay safe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

I don’t care what ball lickers think of me. 

You would be ok with this whole situation if all the same decisions were made by Obama? Don’t be a liar! 

I’m not ok with the way the situation has been handled under the current administration you tool. 

You have no clue do you? 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

It’s unreal that people are dead because Trump said everything was under control. That’s unreal! 

People are dead because this is a deadly virus.  Americans are dead because the Chinese government sent that deadly virus (possibly unknowingly) to both coasts of the US by the plane load full. And more Americans are dead than ever should have been because the now touted ‘heroes of Science’ that are paid to advise our President gave him REALLY BAD advise very early on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1