The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I am shocked it took this long for his tyrannical tendencies to come out.

Sugar Nipples knows he needs to protect his voter base. Lives in NYC are worth more than lives upstate because they vote for Andy...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/youre-on-your-own-medical-group-issues-dire-warning-as-new-york-deaths-top-3000/2358002/

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/04/03/cuomo-youre-damn-right-im-ordering-code-red-seize-ventilators-ppe/

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
added addl link
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hell to the NO. 

This may well be the tool Trump touted early on that got so much press. 

It's not what we need though. We need something related to case tracking. 

Edited by shoshin

52 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's your issue. You presume most are sensible. 

Come to California and look around. You'll see while a PERSON can be sensible, PEOPLE are not. They are panicky, dumb, and have sipped on the fear spigot making matters worse. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Save......what is this save thing you speak of? Same here. While I do buy quite a bit of hand tools from Harbor Freight when it comes to most of the power tools I own they are the quality brand names. I do however have their 12"compound miter saw. Great tool.

5 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I've been a Dewalt guy for most of the power tools I own. During my time in isolation I have had a lot of them out while working on a tiered deck (and small greenhouse for my wife) that I started last year :)

Just as a little diversion, thought I'd share my progress on the small greenhouse I've been building for my wife - almost all from salvaged windows and doors. Still a ways to go, but at least I can be outside while isolated.

IMG-2508-2.thumb.jpg.aebdb27fd0e779dc02eead383e455678.jpg

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Get bent, 3M. 

Oh. Gee. Look at that. 

If only people had been talking about this from the start (while being scorned and having death wished upon them by the likes of Bob)... 

For those who haven't been tracking how the WaPo works: 

1) First they'll deny the truth (it didn't come from a lab! it came from people eating bats!)

2) Then they'll lash out at anyone who disagrees and offers contrary evidence (like Senator Cotton -- who was called a racist conspiracy theorist for the past month)

3) Then they'll quietly admit their first take was wrong, without saying THEY got it wrong. 

4) Finally, they'll attack people like Cotton for not acting fast enough. 

Because the WaPo is a piece of trash rag run by partisan asshats. Not real journalists. 

WaPo is the PR/propaganda wing of the Amazon/Bezos empire. Nothing less, nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

How many is that going to be? How many people do think are going to die in this country from the virus? I have asked this question of others who keep talking about all the people that are going to die. Please, go on record with what you think is going to happen here and provide your supporting data.

IMO at least 80000 and possibly way more if people don’t stay home. Why do I think this? Because apparently people can’t stay home. Areas of the country who haven’t been affected yet seem to think it’s not coming. It’s coming. Trump and his clan just started social distancing. Not too long ago they were standing up there as a group shaking hands! He hasn’t helped with the sense of urgency that’s for sure. Time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

***** China and the CCP. 

I agree with that but right now, being too aggressive on that tactic is cutting off our nose to spite our face. 

They can produce things we need right now, including PPE, ventilators, and at some point lots of necessary drugs. 

I'm all for revisiting the China issue once this is over. ***** them is right. 

Germany on the other hand, is not a country we need to poke in the eye. They are an ally and 200,000 masks made in China by an American company, headed for Germany, should go to Germany. Assuming that story has merit, which it may not. We are not in this fight alone and other countries have already helped us. We can do the same.

Edited by shoshin