The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The US mortality rate is now 2.37%. 

It was about 1% a week ago. 

It’s really hard for me to take mortality rates seriously at this point when testing is spotty, and such a large percentage (25%, according to NYT) could be asymptomatic. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Our state and especially local government are largely toothless. It's a mayor's job to make sure people get paid and the bike lanes go in the right spot. It's not their job to manage a crisis. The federal government soaks up all the cash and thus has all the power.

Maybe that's what yall do in Austin.  

I live in Seattle and out mayor and city council has declared homelessness a crisis and the mayor declared a state of emergency and they are definitely working on it.

And, our governor is managing the Coronavirus thing and doing a fine job as our numbers appear to be dropping.

12 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

99.9974% is close enough. 

12 minutes ago, GG said:

If you round up the drop of 99.9997% in movie receipts, yes it is 100%

Ugh.  Never mind.  I see my error.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Again, it's not surprising that your own TDS has forced you to (unknowingly) push CCP talking points as fact. 

Picking your avatar will be a lot of fun. Perhaps we'll rotate it, a new one for every month? 

I have no idea what TDS or CCP or any of these other acronyms you consistently use are so I literally can't engage in the social media babble you're clearly drowning in, but this post by you has none of your typical babbling enthusiasm.

This must be the equivalent of you throwing in the towel.

I accept. :beer:

Get off Twitter... it's ruining your brain. Read a book for cripes sake.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I have no idea what TDS or CCP or any of these other acronyms you consistently use are so I literally can't engage in the social media babble you're clearly drowning in, but this post by you has none of your typical babbling enthusiasm.

This must be the equivalent of you throwing in the towel.

I accept. :beer:

Get off Twitter... it's ruining your brain. Read a book for cripes sake.

I'm calling BS on not knowing what TDS means. Why are you so dishonest all the time?

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/25/2020 at 12:49 AM, LB3 said:

On 3/25/2020 at 9:01 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

I've explained it numerous times -- you keep ignoring it. Polls are narrative drivers, nothing more. And the day the narrative (nationally, not just within Trump circles) is that 60% of Americans agree with his handling of the crisis and his approval numbers reach record levels for his term -- you thought it was a good time to post an attempted slam. And then capped it off with "BUT RUSSIA!" propaganda that's been debunked over two years ago. 

Why? 

Because your brain is broken. You've allowed yourself to get played. Hard. They want you emotional, not rational. And you oblige like a good little NPC.

November will be tough for you. :beer: 

Here's another "narrative driver..." 

guessing you're searching for some kind of spin.

giphy.gif

Hilarious you guys pounced on like the 1st promising poll in Trump's Presidency as uber meaningful.

8 minutes ago, westside said:

I'm calling BS on not knowing what TDS means. Why are you so dishonest all the time?

Call BS all you want anonymous Internet Message Board guy.

I'm being honest.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The US mortality rate is now 2.37%. 

It was about 1% a week ago. 

I'm guessing the weeks long incubation period contributed to many of these deaths before the more drastic social distancing measures were put in place.  Still concerning though given we've increased testing.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I'm guessing the weeks long incubation period contributed to many of these deaths before the more drastic social distancing measures were put in place.  Still concerning though given we've increased testing.

Also concerning because we’re not at the point where the entire system is overwhelmed, and the numbers are already a bit ugly. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, westside said:

those are some hateful people on twitter. Liberalism is a disease worse than covid19.

Course.... Doc Brown will say this is histrionics and stop interrupting his self important Trump attacks.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Also concerning because we’re not at the point where the entire system is overwhelmed, and the numbers are already a bit ugly. 

Well the system is overwhelmed in NY and NJ. My parents live in Jersey, say all their neighbors have it, the one left next door to get died today. They sent that lady home b.c they need the people who have a higher chance to survive be in the hospitals. She died 2 days after being sent home. 

Edited by Hardhatharry
  • Sad 1

STEPPING UP: 

Ventilator manufacturer Medtronic gives away patents to its competitors.

IT’S TIME TO FULLY RECOGNIZE THEM: 

Taiwan to Donate Ten Million Masks to U.S., E.U.

JOE BIDEN OFFERING TO CALL PRESIDENT TRUMP TO DISCUSS CORONAVIRUS STRATEGY.

During his evening press conference, Trump called Biden’s bluff: “President Trump says he is ‘absolutely’ open to talking to Democratic rival Joe Biden about ways to take on the coronavirus.”

The Coronavirus Is A Disaster For Everyone But Feminists Are Trying To Make It About Themselves. 

Sure, more men than women die from it, but women are the real victims because reasons. Tedious, unpersuasive, ultimatly idiotic reasons: “Lewis seems to be demanding that we pity the wife for suffering disproportionately to her husband, who is now alone for weeks on end, removed from the entirety of his family as he fights on the front lines of this deadly disease that also kills men in greater numbers. And yet, Lewis seems to imply, this is a time for us to focus on the sexism of it all.”

Feminists don’t have anything to contribute beyond self-centered complaining. So that’s what they contribute.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3