The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Germany has tests, South Korea has tests. The answer is simple.

America is a third world country in a Gucci belt and Trump is Putin in drag.

Feel free to move elsewhere, Bernie bro. Hell I'll even buy your ticket.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The media is literally arguing Trump should invoke dictatorial powers over the states -- after three years of screaming he's Hitler. 

You can't write irony like this :lol: 

It is something else all right.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

To Bull,

I also see there was no response to my post showing Trumps actions against red tape/ Regulations  that you keep calling for.

To Bull's credit though, the solution he's proposing is the same one Trump did in February. He's just pulling a Biden and trying to take credit for it retroactively while ignoring your facts and evidence. ;) :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The media is literally arguing Trump should invoke dictatorial powers over the states -- after three years of screaming he's Hitler. 

Hope you are ok with the body count. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Now on to oil... he had "great" calls with Russia and Saudi Arabia, and he hopes they will work it out in the next few days.

Everything is “great” with him. Fake news! 

Going to come up rather quickly, maybe very quickly, maybe slowly. Thanks genius! Lol 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. And you're smart enough to understand why. You're also smart enough to know that your entire argument rests on the premise that the world is perfect and thus solving problems should be instant -- after admitting thinking that way is folly. 

Your weak mind is showing, Bull. You've been had. Big time. So much so you think you're awake when you're SOUND asleep. Don't worry, the adults will handle it. Hit that snooze button and keep on thinking you're informed when every post you make proves otherwise.

I solve problems for a living. It's my profession. When they hit core business they're solved in hours, days and weeks - not months, years or never. If Trump was on my team, he'd never make it out of the probationary window.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I solve problems for a living. It's my profession. When they hit core business they're solved in hours, days and weeks - not months, years or never. If Trump was on my team, he'd never make it out of the probationary window.

Trump just has to say it’s fixed and it’s fixed! (At least in his mind) 

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Isn't it time for Billsfan,           Billzfan,       Billsphan   to show up ?  

For  username here my Buffalo Bills Fan is here. lol

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Dr Fauci... vaccine on target for a year to a year-and-a-half.

Ya takes soo much time for a vaccine. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Since my Articles of Confederation example was too much for you to digest, let's try another historical example.  

Do you know the origin of the term dictator?  Of course you don't, so I'll tell you.  

Dictator was an actual political office in the Roman Republic.  Although the Republic had an executive that inherited the imperium of the old Roman kings (a pair of them actually, known as consuls), the Romans would also appointed dictators in times of crises because the Senate didn't perform well in times of crises.  They recognized that drastic times called for drastic measures.  

This has nothing to do with fears of Trump becoming what the Romans would refer to as rex or king, where one assumes the above level of dictatorial powers outside of drastic times. 

Equating the two is again showing an utter lack of general historical context.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

That's a lot of words to say you're dodging the actual problem with your argument. 

And, for clarity because you're new down here and despite your hardheadedness have shown you're a good sport: I have no problem having discussions with, and even learning from, those who hold differing opinions. Plenty of people you'd write off as being "Trumpholes" feel the same way. And, likely, the longer you're here the more you'll come to realize there are far less "Trumpholes" down here than it may first appear. (I'm a literal Hollywood liberal as an example).

Where it becomes tiresome is when dishonest people refuse to have a conversations and instead dodge, move goal posts, and fire off unfounded accusations rather than engage with the topic at hand. There are PLENTY of well informed, wonderful posters who I do not agree with on specifics or even basics, down here. You could be one... or, you could be yet another clown. You're right on the cusp.

Let's see which way you go... 

Just now, Capco said:

Since my Articles of Confederation example was too much for you to digest, let's try another historical example.  

Do you know the origin of the term dictator?  Of course you don't, so I'll tell you.  

Dictator was an actual political office in the Roman Republic.  Although the Republic had an executive that inherited the imperium of the old Roman kings (a pair of them actually, known as consuls), the Romans would also appointed dictators in times of crises because the Senate didn't perform well in times of crises.  They recognized that drastic times called for drastic measures.  

This has nothing to do with fears of Trump becoming what the Romans would refer to as rex or king, where one assumes the above level of dictatorial powers outside of drastic times. 

Equating the two is again showing an utter lack of general historical context.  

What a good little prog-fascist NPC you are. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1