The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And no one reads you’re screed in either scenario — because you’ve been demonstrably wrong on every major story for the past several years.

Every. Time. 

But details. 

Are you one of the “respected posters” being labeled an idiot? 

Because, yes, you are an idiot 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Admitted it might be a problem for the first time on 3/13, but formed a task force and instituted travel restrictions in late January and early February ?

What a terrible representation... I'm sure it'll stay up and partisan Twitter won't do anything about it though.

Twitter is garbage. 

And I struggle to comprehend how someone can read the tweet in the post I quoted and think it's worthy of being posted anywhere.

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's ok man, you're right. It's all the "Deep State" trying to run this country from the inside, man. They partnered with the Democrats so no one would ever see it coming, but they were no match for the intellect and moxie of a perpetually bankrupt trust fund baby. I get it.

Things defeated people say when they lack the intellectual honesty and testicular fortitude to argue their position. 

Your ***** is showing now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Twitter is garbage. 

And I struggle to comprehend how someone can read the tweet in the post I quoted and think it's worthy of being posted anywhere.

Twitter, like so many inventions, is the best and worst of society and innovations. It is the fastest way to get news around the world, and a total sewer at the same time. It can highlight the good in people and the bad in people.  It can expand your horizons, or be your echo chamber. It can bring you joy, make you laugh, infuriate you too... I have a love-hate relationship with Twitter. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Twitter, like so many inventions, is the best and worst of society and innovations. It is the fastest way to get news around the world, and a total sewer at the same time. It can highlight the good in people and the bad in people.  It can expand your horizons, or be your echo chamber. It can bring you joy, make you laugh, infuriate you too... I have a love-hate relationship with Twitter. 

Yep, I prefer the humorous side:

"Fooling thousands of readers in a prank that the cable news organization said was "just for fun," CNN published a real news story for April Fools' Day this year. The story simply contained a list of facts, with no embellishment, editorializing, or invented details. The story also didn't cite shaky "anonymous sources" and only quoted firsthand witnesses to the event. It was completely factual without any errors whatsoever."

"Baffled CNN fans immediately knew something was up."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Never had any relationship with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.  There are enough traditional "sources" of info trying to slam info down my throat, I don't need Larry in his Mom's cellar telling me he is the Secretary of State.

Edited by Keukasmallies
embellish
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Point and blame.

Point and blame.

Rinse repeat.

It's a good thing thousands of people aren't about to die or we'd think the leftists were ignoring a major crisis in hopes of gaining more power.

Maybe if some of the cult would admit that He might have made an error here or there...anyone? anyone? Bueller?

Li Wenliang: Coronavirus kills Chinese whistleblower doctor   Feb 7

A Chinese doctor who tried to issue the first warning about the deadly coronavirus outbreak has died, the hospital treating him has said.

Li Wenliang contracted the virus while working at Wuhan Central Hospital.

He had sent out a warning to fellow medics on 30 December but police told him to stop "making false comments".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51403795

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

Maybe if some of the cult would admit that He might have made an error here or there...anyone? anyone? Bueller?

You see, this is disingenuous at best and completely ridiculous at the least.

Many of us have been critical of Trump on a number of occasions, including things he's done or said during this crisis, and there will come a time when everyone will judge him and what he has done, is doing, and will do.

The problem is that so many of you are SO filled with hatred of the man that you simply can not do ANYTHING but point and blame, using childish phrases like "cult" because people other than you see the issue at hand being larger than any moment can be spent whining about something over which we literally have no control over.

We work with people like you in the office. You show up to work not a minute too soon, B word about the boss and the company and the pay and the benefits, and leave not a minute too late, but you show up anyway because you'll never be smart enough to understand you have other choices you could make.

The whining. The complaining. The blaming. It's tiresome. Very tiresome.

But when the final death count comes out of this, we'll all look back and remember who was part of the problem and who was part of the solution.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

South China University of Technology paper is being highlighted as it has been ignored by our media (naaaaawwwww that cannot be).

"One of the surest signs people are lying to you is when they answer questions you didn't ask. And that is exactly what the professional class is doing with this story."

Occam's Nair says that an outbreak in a city with a BSL4 lab came from that lab.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

COVID CONUNDRUM 

My best buddy is a sales guy.

He can certainly work from home but his boss is insisting that he come to the office everyday. His boss doesn’t believe in the seriousness of the virus, etc. 

My buddy is not sure what to do. 
I told him to just take a month off unpaid - he can do so as he’s not financially in a dire position - but not sure that’s the right advice. Any thoughts??

Excuse the interruption; 

Guys, Bloomberg has some ‘BREAKING’ news on China that you just won’t believe…

MAYBE thats why the U.S., and others, got a slow start to their response.

FLASHBACK 2/24: Chris Cuomo hosted a town hall with Bernie Sanders despite having a fever

Not April Fools: COVID-19 test kits sent to the UK found contaminated with trace amounts of COVID-19

Added:

Buffalo Gal beat me to it.........?

Edited by B-Man
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

COVID CONUNDRUM 

He can certainly work from home but his boss is insisting that he come to the office everyday. His boss doesn’t believe in the seriousness of the virus, etc. 

I told him to just take a month off unpaid - he can do so as he’s not financially in a dire position - but not sure that’s the right advice. Any thoughts??

How old is he?  Is he immuno-compromised in any way?

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

COVID CONUNDRUM 

tell him anonymously report his company? Are they in lockdown where he lives?