The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The gains under Trump were great, but they’ve been wiped out by a virus . There is nothing the POTUS or any other human ( save for someone in the Wuhan that craved a batburger for lunch ) could have done to stop it. 

The Trump Virus could have been drastically mitigated if he listened to the people who were experts on the situation, if he shut his fat mouth, and if he didn't wait until the absolute last minute to act. Of course if he did any of those things, he wouldn't be the incompetent bumbling idiot we all know. He knew about this in January and did nothing. He's still mostly doing nothing.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Trump Virus could have been drastically mitigated if he listened to the people who were experts on the situation, if he shut his fat mouth, and if he didn't wait until the absolute last minute to act. Of course if he did any of those things, he wouldn't be the incompetent bumbling idiot we all know. He knew about this in January and did nothing. He's still mostly doing nothing.

You truly are a ***** idiot. I didn't think there would be anything worse than your trash football takes, but this is a whoooooole other level.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You truly are a ***** idiot. I didn't think there would be anything worse than your trash football takes, but this is a whoooooole other level.

That truly is a compliment of a lifetime coming from you. Do us a favor and pack that church on Easter, would ya?

25 minutes ago, TPS said:

Wait Mitch, are you saying the administration wasn't focused on this early...?

Yes, somewhere in this thread I said de Blasio and Trump were similar in this.

Trump had been actively fighting this virus for 6 weeks or so when DeBlasio was still urging people to go out to bars and restaurants and to use the subway. 

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Which metric would you prefer? I don't even particularly care for Obama's centrist tendencies, though it's hard to deny he transformed the economy unless you're blind to the facts.

• The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Trump didn't transform the economy — it's mostly the same as it ...
Trump boasts the US economy is the best it's ever been under his ...

If you weren't making bank in 2016, you were actively trying not to.

lol...2020 still ball washing the last president...

ol habits never die for libtards.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

That truly is a compliment of a lifetime coming from you. Do us a favor and pack that church on Easter, would ya?

Just like every other leftist. Classless, and more useless than the pile of ***** from which they arose.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This is fantasy. Nothing to support this. Just what do you think could be done? 

...good Lord...I understand the intent, but to put Mom, newborn and others in the hospital at risk?.......SMH........

Dad hid coronavirus symptoms to visit maternity ward after wife gave birth

Steve Orr, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 5:59 a.m. ET March 31, 2020 | Updated 6:23 p.m. ET March 31, 2020

A man who had been exposed to the coronavirus and who was himself feeling sick hid his symptoms from staff at Strong Memorial Hospital so he could join his expectant wife in the maternity center.

He confessed only when his wife began to show symptoms of COVID-19 shortly after giving birth.

The incident, which occurred in the last week, is a fresh example of the need for extreme caution — and honesty — when it comes to the highly communicable virus.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2020/03/31/rochester-ny-hospitals-tighten-visitor-policy-dad-hides-covid-19-symptoms-strong-highland/5085892002/

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good Lord...I understand the intent, but to put Mom, newborn and others in the hospital at risk?.......SMH........

Dad hid coronavirus symptoms to visit maternity ward after wife gave birth

Steve Orr, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 5:59 a.m. ET March 31, 2020 | Updated 6:23 p.m. ET March 31, 2020

A man who had been exposed to the coronavirus and who was himself feeling sick hid his symptoms from staff at Strong Memorial Hospital so he could join his expectant wife in the maternity center.

He confessed only when his wife began to show symptoms of COVID-19 shortly after giving birth.

The incident, which occurred in the last week, is a fresh example of the need for extreme caution — and honesty — when it comes to the highly communicable virus.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2020/03/31/rochester-ny-hospitals-tighten-visitor-policy-dad-hides-covid-19-symptoms-strong-highland/5085892002/

One of the dumbest, most selfish things I’ve ever heard of. What a complete toolbox. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is fantasy. Nothing to support this. Just what do you think could be done? 

Exactly what I said. Had they not dismantled the pandemic team, had they acted sooner, had they ramped up testing the way China and South Korea did, had they resupplied the protective gear needed, had Trump used an ounce of restraint in his tweets/helicopter speeches, etc - they would have had a much better shot at containing this early, would likely have had less volatility in the market, could have reduced the massive collateral damage to places like NYC, and possibly could have avoided or reduced the need for a nationwide spread and subsequent shutdown.

It was a complete bungling. I honestly cant imagine anyone handling it worse. I think no president at all would have been better. 

Hundreds of thousands of Americans are going to die, and this thread is still full of people butthurt about 4 guys that died in Benghazi

Edited by BullBuchanan

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

When you're the worst president in US history, the good thing is you don't have a comparable floor. He walked in with a booming economy and burned the whole thing to the ground, just like every other republican in my lifetime.

Holy crap.  Worst president ever? An already booming economy? Burned it to the ground?

Damn.

Your thought process is scarier than watching Hillary trying to navigate a flight of stairs.

It's scarier than listening to Obama talk about himself.

It's scarier than being a blood relative at at an Ilhan Omar wedding.

It's scarier than Biden looking at a teleprompter on pause.

Scary, scary stuff. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

One of the dumbest, most selfish things I’ve ever heard of. What a complete toolbox. 

...agree...could not believe it......Cuomo is understandably ragged at the NYC fickle who ignore his "social distancing mandates".....but THIS?......SMH........Ron White "stupid is forever" time.....

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

When you're the worst president in US history, the good thing is you don't have a comparable floor. He walked in with a booming economy and burned the whole thing to the ground, just like every other republican in my lifetime.

How can you walk and breathe at the same time?

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, LB3 said:

How can you walk and breathe at the same time?

Because I'm socially distancing. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Holy crap.  Worst president ever? An already booming economy? Burned it to the ground?

Damn.

Your thought process is scarier than watching Hillary trying to navigate a flight of stairs.

It's scarier than listening to Obama talk about himself.

It's scarier than being a blood relative at at an Ilhan Omar wedding.

It's scarier than Biden looking at a teleprompter on pause.

Scary, scary stuff. :lol:

What facts do you have to discount the list I posted? None? Cool.