The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Who thought that was a good idea?  :blink: 

We  had a condo association (and HOA over the community) on our Florida condo.  It was rules on top of rules on top of rules. Never had one before anywhere, will refuse to buy anywhere that has one again. The "idea" behind it are fine, but all you need is one little HOA President with a Napoleon complex for things to go south, very quickly.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Removing any lingering doubt she's a serious person/leader. 

The people are watching, and not buying what she's selling.

Another leftist showing you what matters most to them. The welfare of the country? Of course not.

This is the Democratic Party. Vile, selfish and disgusting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Go ***** your hat. You don’t know *****. You are like Trump. 

So emotional. Strike a nerve? Don't like your truth so raw, do you?

It's okay for you to sit around and secretly hope for the death of as many people as it takes to get Trump out of office. You just don't like being called out to openly admit it. 

Have the strength to stand up for your convictions.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WILLIAM BENNETT & SETH LEIBSOHN: Time for a Second Opinion.

We truly are shutting down America and harming a great many Americans, based on the worst fears that have not been true and are not on the horizon. We are scaring the hell out of the citizenry. A few additional statistics help counsel a lowering of our national temperature:

The vast majority of deaths from the virus are of people over the age of 70 with underlying frailties.

The focus on New York where, of course, most of the media is based, is also flooding and distorting the picture for the rest of the country.

Of course we need to pay attention to ground zero, which is New York. But what happens there is not what is happening everywhere. For example, our most populous state, California shows 149 deaths, 11% of the total in New York. Texas, our second most populous state, shows nothing like the death toll in New York, with 47 deaths, about 3.5% of the total in the Empire State.

Read the whole thing.

Ya B-Man it is start of a early process of this horrible coronavirus. Expect more states to surge in growing cases next coming days and weeks. This virus doesn't go 0-100 fast but slowly daily gets bigger.  Then faster. Bigger states much worse for this.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

And there it is.

It's not what President Trump does that's the "greatest threat to our democracy", it's that he's mean. 

No - it's that he's objectively a ***** president. His communication skills also suck, yes. 

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WILLIAM BENNETT & SETH LEIBSOHN: Time for a Second Opinion.

We truly are shutting down America and harming a great many Americans, based on the worst fears that have not been true and are not on the horizon. We are scaring the hell out of the citizenry. A few additional statistics help counsel a lowering of our national temperature:

The vast majority of deaths from the virus are of people over the age of 70 with underlying frailties.

The focus on New York where, of course, most of the media is based, is also flooding and distorting the picture for the rest of the country.

Of course we need to pay attention to ground zero, which is New York. But what happens there is not what is happening everywhere. For example, our most populous state, California shows 149 deaths, 11% of the total in New York. Texas, our second most populous state, shows nothing like the death toll in New York, with 47 deaths, about 3.5% of the total in the Empire State.

Read the whole thing.

It's about time that people are waking to the lazy & inconsistent reporting about the spread of this virus.    Why has there been virtually no coverage and investigation of why the spread has essentially stopped in Washington?  How did the virus hop over India into Iran?  Why isn't India being destroyed?  it is physically impossible to lock down and self isolate in India.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GG said:

It's about time that people are waking to the lazy & inconsistent reporting about the spread of this virus.    Why has there been virtually no coverage and investigation of why the spread has essentially stopped in Washington?  How did the virus hop over India into Iran?  Why isn't India being destroyed?  it is physically impossible to lock down and self isolate in India.

People like me you and anyone don't have an answer to this. India yesterday 220 news cases the most of any day. This site is pretty accurate.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

Everyone don't have a accurate view sorry to say. To be honest. Lots of sites and experts say to early to say. That is the good answer and real answer. Up and down, down down and up. How the trend goes. Follow the experts is the best. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

People like me you and anyone don't have an answer to this. India yesterday 220 news cases the most of any day. This site is pretty accurate.  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/india/

Everyone don't have a accurate view sorry to say. To be honest. Lots of sites and experts say to early to say. That is the good answer and real answer. Up and down, down down and up. How the trend goes. Follow the experts is the best. 

Those are the questions though  - Follow which experts?  Who's asking the "right" experts?  Are they asking the right questions?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

Those are the questions though  - Follow which experts?  Who's asking the "right" experts?  Are they asking the right questions?

Right agree. It's what I mean. I don't think they even know as well. Follow most than end up wrong on cases and everything else. Kind of hard to put a accurate judgement on this.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Right agree. It's what I mean. I don't think they even know as well. Follow most than end up wrong on cases and everything else. Kind of hard to put a accurate judgement on this.

This could very well be a subject in the media criticism thread.   

The industry is so far devolved that there's almost nobody left who has the capacity to take a step back, examine all the questions and inconsistencies and then proceed down that path.  It's not limited to the virus.  The only ones I can think of who have an unsparing view of everything are Greenwald & Taibbi (and I detest their personal politics)

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, GG said:

This could very well be a subject in the media criticism thread.   

The industry is so far devolved that there's almost nobody left who has the capacity to take a step back, examine all the questions and inconsistencies and then proceed down that path.  It's not limited to the virus.  The only ones I can think of who have an unsparing view of everything are Greenwald & Taibbi (and I detest their personal politics)

RIght agree. But you're right Washington seems going down not up. Hopefully stays there last highest was the 26th (once only picks up in a day). Hopefully stays down. Italy as well past couple days only 4,050 lowest since the 18th for daily new.  4,053 today about even but bigger picture good.  (Sadly high rate of deaths daily) Hopefully trend keep going down.  Yesterday was only 354 daily new (down) for Washington. Following the daily new and past couple couple days to see trend going down.

46 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It's okay for you to sit around and secretly hope for the death of as many people as it takes to get Trump out of office. You just don't like being called out to openly admit it. 

You’re an idiot. IQof3 makes a dumb comment and I’m the bad guy. Trump is a moron, you are a moron. Trump will be responsible for deaths. I want to see zero deaths. Can you comprehend that? Trump was a moron before this whole mess. I don’t need people dying to prove Trump is a moron.
Now, if you can show me anywhere saying I hoped for people to die, please show me or ***** off. 

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

***** you I do! 

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

You have shown who you are.

At least be honest about it.

We all already know it.

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

Go ***** your hat. You don’t know *****. You are like Trump. 

53 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

You’re an idiot. IQof3 makes a dumb comment and I’m the bad guy. Trump is a moron, you are a moron. Trump will be responsible for deaths. I want to see zero deaths. Can you comprehend that? Trump was a moron before this whole mess. I don’t need people dying to prove Trump is a moron.
Now, if you can show me anywhere saying I hoped for people to die, please show me or ***** off. 

This thread has degenerated into a bunch of personal attacks and is no longer serving a useful purpose on this board.

Therefore, a gratuitous photo of a woman with big jugs is needed to restore this thread to intelligent conversation:

jc63y098hup11.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

According to recent reports, the agency is weighing recommendations to advise people to shield their faces with cloth coverings rather than surgical or N95 masks.

No final decision has been made on the potential recommendation, however, an official said it could help “flatten the curve” of the outbreak if enacted.

Incoming run on bandanas.

Just now, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

This thread has degenerated into a bunch of personal attacks and is no longer serving a useful purpose on this board.

Therefore, a gratuitous photo of a woman with big jugs is needed to restore this thread to intelligent conversation:

jc63y098hup11.jpg

As long she doesn't have corona. She's a cutie lol. 

11 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1