The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Fauci literally said that they can expect upwards of 100,000 deaths. 

How is that not the best case scenario?

Are you serious?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great question.  If you don't know, STFU.

He has no idea.  None.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Fauci literally said that they can expect upwards of 100,000 deaths. 

How is that not the best case scenario?

He said it could be a possibility, not the best case scenario. Can you even comprehend the difference. You have been non-stop with your doomsday scenarios since this thread began.

This is what happens in a society where everyone is a "victim,"  coddling people everytime something happens they don't like, and providing safe spaces to retreat to whenever reality is too much to deal with.

When real adversity comes along  it is nothing but histrionic handwringing and finding someone to blame.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great question.  If you don't know, STFU.

Given that everyone in France, Italy and Spain took it for granted until it was too late, he's not wrong to make people a tad more alarmist than necessary just so that people take this seriously.

• Like (+1) 3

I believe the "cure" (such as it is) will be far worse than the disease.  We are all going to get it unless there is a vaccine soon. That means we will all die {insert hair on fire gif} or develop immunity.  ?‍♂️  While I understand the thoughts behind why the economy was crashed, I am not onboard with closing down the country's economy with the current knowledge available to the general citizenry. I am certain that makes me a bad person.  :rolleyes:

The people most at risk may have wanted to hunker down (and yes, I know young people have contracted this... just like XX and YY have contracted every contagious disease known to man since the beginning of time), but to kill the economy? To discount future suicides? Mental depression? I donno. I am just glad I am not the one making the call.

What does give me pause in my personal assessment, is what if we are not being told the rest of the story? That ¾ of the countries in this world (give or take a few) have closed their borders to other countries, makes me wonder what haven't TPTB told us?  (And, considering the ridiculous toilet paper buying, maybe they were right to withhold information?)

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why the f&&@ do you care? Are you in charge? If you don’t want to hear any of this....go hide under your crib and an adult will come by and let you know when it’s safe to come out.

Did I hurt your feelings by posting a Trump lover's tweet? Poor Deek

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I believe the "cure" (such as it is) will be far worse than the disease.  We are all going to get it unless there is a vaccine soon. That means we will all die {insert hair on fire gif} or develop immunity.  ?‍♂️  While I understand the thoughts behind why the economy was crashed, I am not onboard with closing down the country's economy with the current knowledge available to the general citizenry. I am certain that makes me a bad person.  :rolleyes:

The people most at risk may have wanted to hunker down (and yes, I know young people have contracted this... just like XX and YY have contracted every contagious disease known to man since the beginning of time), but to kill the economy? To discount future suicides? Mental depression? I donno. I am just glad I am not the one making the call.

I've argued for a while with friends that perhaps this is overblown but my tune has changed lately.

That being said, this shouldn't mean that we are discounting the suicides and financial hardships and the people that are are certainly in a financial position to not care.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Should a scientist remove hypothesis from the scientific method?

When it can lead to alarm and you don't want to be held accountable if it does, yes.

10 minutes ago, meazza said:

Given that everyone in France, Italy and Spain took it for granted until it was too late, he's not wrong to make people a tad more alarmist than necessary just so that people take this seriously.

If people don't know how serious this is by now, they never will.  You've either been paying heed/attention or you haven't and won't.

42 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

My opinion is to take the least worse way.  Obviously to anyone not being ridiculous  

That's not an opinion. That's a dodge of the question. You don't know which way will be "worse". 

Everyone, every single person (even those you wished death upon just last week if they dared to disagree with you), wants the "least worst way". The question is, which one is worse? The virus or shuttering of the economy. 

The answer is, you don't know. So rather than say that honestly, you're doubling down on your usual histrionics while accusing others of being ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What does give me pause in my personal assessment, is what if we are not being told the rest of the story? That ¾ of the countries in this world (give or take a few) have closed their borders to other countries, makes me wonder what haven't TPTB told us?  (And, considering the ridiculous toilet paper buying, maybe they were right to withhold information?)

I feel the same way.  Almost exactly.

Part of me wonders if there is more about this that we are not being told, but based on what we do know, feels like we can do a better job of threading the needle.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

I've argued for a while with friends that perhaps this is overblown but my tune has changed lately.

That being said, this shouldn't mean that we are discounting the suicides and financial hardships and the people that are are certainly in a financial position to not care.

Why is Canada only at 7,400 cases?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Bill Gates thanks you.

(hard pass on any vaccine they try to shove down our throats with limited to no testing)

What? You mean you don't want an implant to be able to tell TPTB you are free of XY and Z?

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

TPS, just to be clear, not that i am anybody you should give twoshits about but, i value your opinion, probably more than you think. 

my contention regarding your post has absolutely nothing to do with past histrionics and everything to do with the content of that particular post. clearly, you invoked partisanship to submit.

that aside, i will agree, you do tend to give certain concessions when you view things Trump does or has done to be agreeable to your senses. yet you do also portray a propensity towards, #orangemanbad. so there is an obvious bias. now with that said, yes, i admit i am not above partisanship and have a bias too. though i like to think that my bias trends more towards being anti stupid than anything else. and while you may not have noticed, i have backed away quite a bit from all the rancor that the elite instill via their divide and conquer dog and pony show that they are so adept at. for when it comes right down to it, i favor you and i over them and at a time such as this, it really is us that matters, ***** them and their bread and circuses.

i will however reserve the right to point out stupidity where ever i encounter it and that is all i was doing with your post, please don't read anymore into it than that. and as a reciprocal, i would hope you would point out my stupidity when warranted as well.

:beer:

You're an idiot....

?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GG said:

Why is Canada only at 7,400 cases?

We have been in isolation and non essential businesses have been shut down since the 13th including all bars, restaurants, etc. 

I am taking this very seriously as my wife is pregnant and my mother is 75.