The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Trump administration sent protective medical gear to China while he minimized the virus threat to US

Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.

Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials.

" As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."

Americans indeed are a generous people. We want to help those in need.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/opinions/coronavirus-personal-protective-equipment-obeidallah/index.html

Not sure if this story is accurate but it's out there

But you're right. People like this aren't a threat who should be forcibly silenced. I'm obviously a fascist for believing that progressives should be stopped no matter the cost.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Americans indeed are a generous people. We want to help those in need.

I'm beyond that foolish thinking. To hell with the rest of the world.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

58 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

But you're right. People like this aren't a threat who should be forcibly silenced. I'm obviously a fascist for believing that progressives should be stopped no matter the cost.

Comeon man.  Bars have been shut down just in Buffalo for not following NYS  social distancing orders.  Why should churches receiving multiple warnings be any different?  Especially in NYC.  A conservative mayor would make the same threat.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Comeon man.  Bars have been shut down just in Buffalo for not following NYS  social distancing orders.  Why should churches receiving multiple warnings be any different?  Especially in NYC.  A conservative mayor would make the same threat.

Really? Have a look at Cuomo's response to Trump talking about locking down NYS.

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Thank you.  Hospitalizations and deaths are the only numbers worth tracking...the “new cases” metric is basically meaningless and is probably just a reflection of wider testing.  It is being used to scare-monger.

Please stop with this logic.  I thought the goal was to terrify as many people as possible, and shout down anyone who suggests that It might not be worthwhile to shut down every part of our country indefinitely.

And don’t forget to not miss an opportunity to hector the President because in the early days he didn’t shut the borders completely and order us all into forced quarantine.

The media and people in general would have been fine with that because they would obviously be “taking this seriously” never mind the fact that the statistics of the outbreak in China were scant at best and the true nature of this was being hidden by the CCP.

Americans would have LOVED Trump and praised him for his prescience.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are you seriously suggesting that places of worship should just go on as usual, like the video of the service a few pages above?

Just now, GG said:

Are you seriously suggesting that places of worship should just go on as usual, like the video of the service a few pages above?

No, but I AM saying it's a ridiculous overreach to suggest that places of worship should be PERMANENTLY shut down as a punishment.

I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No, but I AM saying it's a ridiculous overreach to suggest that places of worship should be PERMANENTLY shut down as a punishment.

I don't think that's at all unreasonable.

That's not what he said.  He said the building would be permanently closed, meaning that police would enforce the rules.  No different than idiots in Mercer county who thought it would be a great idea to have a party on Saturday night and got arrested.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

That's not what he said.  He said the building would be permanently closed, meaning that police would enforce the rules.  No different than idiots in Mercer county who thought it would be a great idea to have a party on Saturday night and got arrested.

And we all know that most churches have unlimited funds and the loss of their building wouldn't be the end of a given congregation, right?

Come on man. Common sense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And we all know that most churches have unlimited funds and the loss of their building wouldn't be the end of a given congregation, right?

Come on man. Common sense.

The building would and should be shut down during the crisis if the congregation is stupid enough to still hold regular service.  Nobody is talking about the City repossessing a building.

Don't be your usual imbecile self this early in the morning.  There are plenty of options for churches to hold online services, and many already started two weeks ago when the city shut down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

The building would and should be shut down during the crisis if the congregation is stupid enough to still hold regular service.  Nobody is talking about the City repossessing a building.

Don't be your usual imbecile self this early in the morning.  There are plenty of options for churches to hold online services, and many already started two weeks ago when the city shut down.

There are options, yes.

But you'll excuse me if I don't trust the government to have the purest of intentions. Especially one run by Wild Bill DeBlasio.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Like (+1) 2

BE PROUD of this man!!

Mr. Trump Reportedly Wants to Make Sure His Signature Is on the Coronavirus Stimulus Checks.   Why is that? 

• IF it is a direct Deposit .... no one will see a signature

Mr. Trump said while 100,000 is "a horrible number," if the U.S. can keep its death toll to "100,000, so we have between 100,000 and 200,000, we altogether have done a very good job."

In what reality would a death toll of 100,000 ever be considered  'a very good job'?

Even  worst case of 200K.   Nearly a quarter of a million deaths in the US of A is 'a very good job'?

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

BE PROUD of this man!!

Mr. Trump Reportedly Wants to Make Sure His Signature Is on the Coronavirus Stimulus Checks.   Whys is that? 

Mr. Trump said while 100,000 is "a horrible number," if the U.S. can keep its death toll to "100,000, so we have between 100,000 and 200,000, we altogether have done a very good job."

In what reality would a death toll of 100,000 ever be considered  'a very good job'?

Even  worst case of 200K.   Nearly a quarter of a million deaths in the US of A is 'a very good job'?

Every thing he does, he does it better than anyone ever before. Nobody knows doing a very good job like Trump does! Never before has anyone ever done such a very good job! 

Didn't Trump say ....  No one expected the China Virus to be so bad?  YET 

In a presser 

Alcindor began her question by directly quoting Trump from a recent interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, in which the president said he does not believe New York needs all the ventilators that Gov. Andrew Cuomo said they did.

“And you know a lot ― a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need but I’m building,” Trump told Hannity, according to the transcript. “You know, we’re building four hospitals, four medical centers and many other things we’ve developed and sent thousands of ― thousands of ventilators.”

Why don’t “you people” act “a little more positive?” Trump told Alcindor as she continued to try and finish her question.

“Let me tell you something.

Be nice.

Don’t be threatening, don’t be threatening.

Be nice.”

Trump then had Alcindor’s microphone taken away when she tried to ask her second question.

4 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Every thing he does, he does it better than anyone ever before. Nobody knows doing a very good job like Trump does! Never before has anyone ever done such a very good job! 

this looks  like obvious sarcasm (I hope)

in that light  -  LOL 

If you are being serious....

Waiting MONTHS to act is better than anyone ever before?

Well. Thanks for that.

I bet they said the same thing about world leaders when the Black Plague ended too. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Didn't Trump say ....  No one expected the China Virus to be so bad?  YET 

In a presser 

Alcindor began her question by directly quoting Trump from a recent interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, in which the president said he does not believe New York needs all the ventilators that Gov. Andrew Cuomo said they did.

“And you know a lot ― a lot of equipment’s being asked for that I don’t think they’ll need but I’m building,” Trump told Hannity, according to the transcript. “You know, we’re building four hospitals, four medical centers and many other things we’ve developed and sent thousands of ― thousands of ventilators.”

Why don’t “you people” act “a little more positive?” Trump told Alcindor as she continued to try and finish her question.

“Let me tell you something.

Be nice.

Don’t be threatening, don’t be threatening.

Be nice.”

Trump then had Alcindor’s microphone taken away when she tried to ask her second question.

Waiting MONTHS to act is better than anyone ever before?

Well. Thanks for that.

I bet they said the same thing about world leaders when the Black Plague ended too. 

Trump started fighting this virus with more vigor than the WHO and much earlier. The WHO was still stating that the virus couldn't be passed between humans when Trump closed our borders for travel to and from China. Your bolded statement above is an outright lie. How or why would anyone believe anything that you post? You don't even link anything to your stupid speculation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2