The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8163365/President-Trump-quarantine-New-York-Connecticut-New-Jersey-amid-pandemic.html?ito=push-notification&ci=11662&si=3155052

President Trump is considering quarantining the whole of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey in desperate efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

The move will restrict travel to and from the three states.   

'We'd like to see New York quarantined because it's a hotspot — New York, New Jersey, maybe one or two other places, certain parts of Connecticut quarantined. I'm thinking about that right now,' he said Saturday.

'We might not have to do it but there's a possibility that sometime today we'll do a quarantine — short term two weeks for New York, probably New Jersey and parts o Connecticut.'

Agree with president Trump

I disagree. WNY is not NYC. This would be totally unnecessary and unfair, but they might do it anyway. Lock down NYC and Conn possibly but this is a vastly different part of NY state and should be treated as such. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree. WNY is not NYC. This would be totally unnecessary and unfair, but they might do it anyway. Lock down NYC and Conn possibly but this is a vastly different part of NY state and should be treated as such. 

President Trump should think about that. But I will trust  President Trump on his choice.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

28 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I just got an update from a government friend (military) who says the trials have been so successful that the suspicion is they've known for awhile they would work. People are coming off ventilators in under 72 hours with the Z-Pack/Hydro combo. 

Early days still, but some light at the end of the tunnel. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

yep.  I get the nagging suspicion that NYC is going to drag the rest of the state down when it comes to getting back to business, i.e. - businesses here in WNY will be told to remain closed through the year because ohmigosh there’s still several thousand cases in the state, but 99.9% of them happen to be in NYC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Trump should think about that. But I will trust Trump on his choice.

I’m going to have to trust it as he’s being pressured for sure. That area is a “ hotspot” , but once again I think WNY will have to do as NYC does even  though we are pretty much a separate state. Trump as talking the last few days about analyzing areas by county, but we’re gonna get the shaft here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I just got an update from a government friend (military) who says the trials have been so successful that the suspicion is they've known for awhile they would work. People are coming off ventilators in under 72 hours with the Z-Pack/Hydro combo. 

I keep waiting for Morgan Freeman to show up with a bag of E-1101. 

• Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, GG said:

What kind of virus is treated by malaria meds and antibiotics?   Malaria can't be transmitted from person to person.  Why does it have a propensity to attach to ibuprofen?   

has to do with ACE-2 receptors i believe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Good to hear.  My best friend growing up lives in Seattle and an ER doc he knows says that the combo doesn't help there, which I found odd. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Good to hear.  My best friend growing up lives in Seattle and an ER doc he knows says that the combo doesn't help there, which I found odd. 

Sounds like a "don't throw me in the brier patch" scenario. Iceland got its name to make it sound unattractive to people who didn't know better. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'd be curious to see if that changes over the coming weeks or not. I'm (clearly) no doctor, so I have no way to really double check any clinical information I come across other than by relying on medical experts. It seems odd that France and India both would be hoping on the train if it wasn't showing results -- but I guess we'll see over time. :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd be curious to see if that changes over the coming weeks or not. I'm (clearly) no doctor, so I have no way to really double check any clinical information I come across other than by relying on medical experts. It seems odd that France and India both would be hoping on the train if it wasn't showing results -- but I guess we'll see over time. :beer: 

Yeah it's showing results elsewhere and if it can help even one person, it's worth dispensing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yeah it's showing results elsewhere and if it can help even one person, it's worth dispensing.

If it cuts down the ventilator time for a patient then it throws all of calculations regarding the need for additional ventilators out the window. 

• Like (+1) 1