The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

30 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Why doesn't he use his wartime powers act?

He did but it was delayed somewhat while Trump recorded his infomercial for Chloroquine Phosphate. Trump was rehearsing a song that said "relief is just a swallow away". 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He didn't say it was a plan (until well after his initial tweet was circulated widely)-- he said it was already happening when it was not. BIG difference. He's a fear-monger with an agenda. 

He said they were out of respirators and they handing out the forms according to someone associated with the hospital.  The hospital confirmed they have the policy but hasn't needed to use it yet--as of when they posted that tweet.  Both of those could be true.  Are you saying there is another tweet other than what Hedge posted?

10 hours ago, ALF said:

Health care workers on frontlines feel like 'lambs to the slaughterhouse'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/coronavirus-healthcare-supply-shortage-workers-at-risk-invs/index.html

My goddaughter graduates from UB with a nursing degree next month.  She has already been notified she will be drafted

(her words) into the hospital system for the Covid19 medical response.

Tough thing for a young girl to experience right out of school but I am proud of her!  She is a little nervous about it all but said

see knows it's important.

It seems to me we (US Citizens) should be more concerned about them than which politicians to defend.  This is not directed to you

just a belief that this "politics" thing is killing the country I love.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, TPS said:

He said they were out of respirators and they handing out the forms according to someone associated with the hospital.  The hospital confirmed they have the policy but hasn't needed to use it yet--as of when they posted that tweet.  Both of those could be true.  Are you saying there is another tweet other than what Hedge posted?

Short thread:

And:

Edited by Hedge

21 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Glad he finally actually invoked the Defense Production Act.

I hope he acts to compel other companies, too.

I think this first one was the most important to get the ball rolling. Now, companies that may have either been in negotiations to assist or who have watched from the sidelines, see that he will do it. I would think it would be more beneficial for these companies to do so voluntarily, more on their own terms (including the public relations aspect), than to be forced to do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He’s doing more harm than good, down playing this, saying NY doesn’t need the ventilation units it says it does, saying things that have to be walked back, really, what’s the point of broadcasting this moron? 

Ventilation units????  What are you think they're trying to do, cool off apartment buildings???

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever read here and confirms my suspicion that there is no reason to ever read another word you post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

China and their ***** animal eating obsession... “a new pandemic has been created caused by animal byproducts after China lied about the byproducts being able to cure the other pandemic that their animal byproducts created.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Did these people die WITH or FROM the virus?  Big difference. 

Good question.  That’s why it can be highly misleading to count the deaths of those with “underlying medical conditions” as CV19 deaths, even if they test positive.  Every single death attributed to CV19 here (Oregon) has been of a person with underlying medical conditions.

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Short thread:

And:

Yeah, I saw that.  So, is he saying he should not have tweeted about the situation or he was wrong about the situation?  If he was wrong, about what?  He said they were handing out the forms which said they would allocate care and they were out of ventilators.  Which of that was not true?  Unfortunately, you can't see what that form said because that tweet with the form is no longer up.  Sorry, it's not clear to me what he is apologizing for.  I wish I could read the responses to him.  At any rate, I still like his daily overview of activities....

Saw a piece on the news today about that hospital acknowledging the policy, that all hospitals have something similar.  

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

Good question.  That’s why it can be highly misleading to count the deaths of those with “underlying medical conditions” as CV19 deaths, even if they test positive.  Every single death attributed to CV19 here (Oregon) has been of a person with underlying medical conditions.

This is also the point why it's a serious issue.  Many of those with complications can't get the care needed to get through it when hospitals are so overwhelmed.  Hospitals have to choose who to focus on.  They will focus on those who are young and without complications because the odds of survival are much higher.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I love to take cruises. It helps me build my immune system. Probably as well as a teacher, daycare worker, or someone with children.  ? 

Seriously though, I have another one booked for later this year, and one for early next (Antarctica, not sure how else I could get there if not on a boat).

Would love to go a cruise ship. But at this time not good idea lol. Hopefully this virus going away so you can go later this year Buffalo_Gal. 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Yeah, I saw that.  So, is he saying he should not have tweeted about the situation or he was wrong about the situation?  If he was wrong, about what?  He said they were handing out the forms which said they would allocate care and they were out of ventilators.  Which of that was not true?  Unfortunately, you can't see what that form said because that tweet with the form is no longer up.  Sorry, it's not clear to me what he is apologizing for.  I wish I could read the responses to him.  At any rate, I still like his daily overview of activities....

Saw a piece on the news today about that hospital acknowledging the policy, that all hospitals have something similar.  

This is also the point why it's a serious issue.  Many of those with complications can't get the care needed to get through it when hospitals are so overwhelmed.  Hospitals have to choose who to focus on.  They will focus on those who are young and without complications because the odds of survival are much higher.

Just wish this coronavirus didn't affect younger people icu and death. There has been lots. Would make it easier for those in need for survival older people and stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1