The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

14 minutes ago, TPS said:

Is that an opinion or a fact?  Any data?  

Have you ever said anything negative about him?  Or are you a member? :devil:

Yes, I've said negative things about Trump numerous times. I've called him inartful, boorish, a blowhard and a buffoon. Basically, everyone else here who supports his policies and thus his presidency have done the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, meazza said:

This is why you have a lot of credibility. 

There will always be those posters who will be cheerleaders and partisan but we already know that.  No one turns on Sean Hannity. to hear an unbiased perspective.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

If there was only a way he could make this happen...

He's failing at being the fascist dictator that you hope and fear he is/would be. 

Tragic.

Cuomo just said that what is killing patients with the virus is that  they are on the ventilators for too long of a period of time. Now we all know that was not literally what he meant. Being on the ventilator too long does not cause death. The media will give him a pass on this as well they should. Think of the uproar if Trump had said this.

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

She is sounding more like Greta everyday.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

As he should

I disagree. This is bad Trump. He has a great opportunity to take a higher road than he usually does because more people are watching than ever before. Being openly critical like this from someone on his own party, who is just taking a stand he promised to take when elected, is a bad look. Especially when you have nutbags like AOC going fully unhinged as a backdrop to the adults in the room. I really dislike this part of Trump...at least as it relates to his own party. He can do this to crazies like Schumer and Pelosi all day.

1 hour ago, Gary M said:

That video should be on an endless loop until every person has seen it.

Unfortunately she represents everything the Democrats hate: a, calm, rational, well-spoken woman sharing common sense. 

Especially compared to this batschittcrazy loon. It's more fun to watch on mute, by the way.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I disagree. This is bad Trump. He has a great opportunity to take a higher road than he usually does because more people are watching than ever before. Being openly critical like this from someone on his own party, who is just taking a stand he promised to take when elected, is a bad look. Especially when you have nutbags like AOC going fully unhinged as a backdrop to the adults in the room. I really dislike this part of Trump...at least as it relates to his own party. He can do this to crazies like Schumer and Pelosi all day.

Normally, I would agree (there are a lot of times I think he would be better served to take the high road) - or, I guess a better way to have put it is that this should have been accomplished behind the scenes. However, as much as I dislike some of the provisions in this legislation or even if Massie may be standing on what he promised his constituency, now is not the time to take that stand - that point has passed. As you well know, there are a lot of people out here that are hurting and concerned right now, and they want to see congress do something that looks and feels helpful right now.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This woman is such an embarrassment.  I'll give her credit for one thing though, it takes a lot of sac to continually demonstrate to the entire world how much of a moron one is.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't imagine there is much opportunity to practice social distancing aboard an air craft carrier.

I also wonder if perhaps this sort of ship specific information should be classified, so as to not embolden any bad actors to take advantage of US force readiness that may be impacted, if the problem grows.