The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Gary Busey said:

That was a great move and saved many lives. I think Shady is talking more about ignoring intelligence briefings on the severity of the virus and calling reaction to the news of the virus a hoax.

Which he never did!  He called what the dems and shady are doing a hoax.

Edited by Gary M
  • Like (+1) 1

Let's be honest, Trump touting that things will be open in Easter doesn't stray too far from his usual off the cuff proclamations.  I don't understand how people simply haven't gotten used to not taking those comments seriously.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sorry, but people like to see the same thing in ther leaders as they do their parents in times of crises.: Strength and comfort

If it were FDR, JFK, LBJ, Clinton these leftists would drooling over themselves from the factless feelz their leader was putting out.  "It will get better soon"  followed by swooning of guys like Tibs, Busey.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

His goals for tomorrow (Easter) are scientifically impossible. All I'm asking for is for him to be realistic. I have a business I would like to open this summer. The longer he pretends things are improving (they're not - look at the numbers) the longer this is going to drag out.

This is true. If you see strength and comfort in our current president, that's good. I see a child-like adult saying something different each day.

Ya see Gary...you CAN have a conversation! Thank you. (Seriously) So in the end, you disagree with the President’s style of messaging? That’s a legitimate opinion...I guess. However, with that taken into account, I’m not sure why the style of message would bother you. When you get to be President, you can deliver the message as you want to. 

That was a great move and saved many lives. I think Shady is talking more about ignoring intelligence briefings on the severity of the virus and calling reaction to the news of the virus a hoax.

Does it really matter at this point?  Justin Trudeau (who many of you here on the left would vote for) was extremely inactive up until a couple of weeks ago even though there were clear signs that this was going to hit Canada.  Same thing for Italy and France. 

Everyone of these leaders took it lightly.

Trump banning travel from China in January was a good move but it should have also been followed up by testing people coming into the country starting in February when this was obviously going to cause problems.

All western leaders deserve a kick in the ass for this mess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Which he never did!  He called what the dems and shady are doing a hoax.

What exactly is that hoax? I've asked for a definition before but haven't gotten one. What is the speciific hoax dems and shady are doing?

trump-reddit-coronavirus-statements.png

34 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

1. he doesn't listen to experts because he thinks hes smarter. Listen to the experts
  2. he talks out of his ass - It's only the flu and it all be over by April.  It will disappear, it will be a miracle. Stop telling lies
  •  - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA,” he tweeted in late February
  • “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. They’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

He only took this serious when the markets crashed, not when the cases were exploding. 

Don't you ever tire of looking at things from such an intellectually shallow perspective? Seriously, your grasp on issues is so tenuous that I'm embarrased for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What exactly is that hoax? I've asked for a definition before but haven't gotten one. What is the speciific hoax dems and shady are doing?

trump-reddit-coronavirus-statements.png

Claiming that he did not take it seriously. They base their examples on his public statements and ignore the real life steps he took.

And then twist his words and claim he said COVID is a hoax.

Edited by Gary M

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Let's be honest, Trump touting that things will be open in Easter doesn't stray too far from his usual off the cuff proclamations.  I don't understand how people simply haven't gotten used to not taking those comments seriously.

I understand the point but he actually didn’t say they’d be better by Easter. He said he HOPED that things would be well enough along by Easter that people could go to Church. Of course, that ‘hope’ is very confusing to people who don’t celebrate Easter, but rather think of it as just an annoying day when you can’t get a table at Sunday brunch. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, meazza said:

Does it really matter at this point?  Justin Trudeau (who many of you here on the left would vote for) was extremely inactive up until a couple of weeks ago even though there were clear signs that this was going to hit Canada.  Same thing for Italy and France. 

Everyone of these leaders took it lightly.

Trump banning travel from China in January was a good move but it should have also been followed up by testing people coming into the country starting in February when this was obviously going to cause problems.

All western leaders deserve a kick in the ass for this mess.

I don't live in Canada and don't pay close attention to Canadian news, but yes, it looks like Trudeau ***** up as well. What I bolded is obvious - not sure it matters at this point but there is no crime in talking about it

IMO

Just now, Gary M said:

Claiming that he did not take it seriously.

His hoax comment, its no big deal, just a cold, the flu is worse. That stuff. 

But I know, that doesn't count because you empty heads don't want it too 

You know exactly what he meant. He said the Democrat accusations about his handling of the virus was their "new hoax." Following the hoax of his Russian collusion and the hoax of the Ukrainian "Quid pro quo.

It was pretty simple to grasp, actually.

Just now, Gary Busey said:

I don't live in Canada and don't pay close attention to Canadian news, but yes, it looks like Trudeau ***** up as well. What I bolded is obvious - not sure it matters at this point but there is no crime in talking about it

IMO

No country was really ready for such a thing. Should they be? Maybe. Maybe not? We’re ready for lots of bad stuff, but expecting a country to be ready for something that they have NO WAY to be ready for is a bit nutty. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump only cares about his reelection, he could give a crap about the health and safety of the people. So obvious. He's like a drunk and stupid father recklessly yelling out nonsense 

Come on Tibs, calm down and you'll see things in a much more realistic way :thumbsup:

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

No country was really ready for such a thing. Should they be? Maybe. Maybe not? We’re ready for lots of bad stuff, but expecting a country to be ready for something that they have NO WAY to be ready for is a bit nutty. 

The United States used to have a pandemic response team. Under Trump's leadership that team no longer exists. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It was pretty simple to grasp, actually.

Obviously it isn't

The United States used to have a pandemic response team. Under Trump's leadership that team no longer exists. 

Still not true

• Like (+1) 1

Oh, please. There are pandemic response experts and teams all around the world. Show me one place, other than South Korea where it has made one damn bit of difference.

48 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You link two things in your response: A left leaning writer in a legal newsletter and a hit piece in Vanity Fair.

Pretty high brow-stuff....

A hit piece from the Religious cult perspective...ok.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/05/white-house-loses-global-health-security-lead-as-a-new-ebola-outbreak-hits/560195/

But the worry is that Hall and her team may now be stretched too thinly. “Now they have to take on not only epidemic and biological threats, but they have to worry about North Korea and Iran and everything else,” says Inglesby. “The more that you make [epidemic preparedness] a part of other activities, the less time anyone has to focus on any of it.”

Ron Klain, the former Ebola czar, agrees. “Andrea Hall has a good reputation, but I think this is a mistake that puts us all more at risk,” he says. “Combining epidemic prevention and control with WMD issues means that the epidemic work will always take a back seat. It means that no senior level person will be specifically focused on the work that needs to be done to protect us from this serious threat.  And it means that the team will tilt their focus more toward intentional attacks using infectious diseases, and less on the more frequent (and just as serious) risk of naturally spread diseases.”  

Then there was the early warning by former members...on January 28th

https://www.wsj.com/articles/act-now-to-prevent-an-american-epidemic-11580255335

The novel coronavirus now epidemic in China has features that may make it very difficult to control. If public-health authorities don’t interrupt the spread soon, the virus could infect many thousands more around the globe, disrupt air travel, overwhelm health-care systems, and, worst of all, claim more lives. The good news: There’s still an opening to prevent a grim outcome.

Unfortunately, that window of opportunity was squandered because the stock market and economy were too important....

And you know this how exactly? Did you work there? Many that do work there have said that’s simply not true. But....the point is that our ‘response’ was pretty much spot on. We shut down travel from known infected areas and immediately ramped up production and readiness once we found out that some people had gotten through the shut down.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is the MMQ approach that the Trump cult is now throwing out there, kind of like what those in charge during the 2008 financial crisis said to protect their a$$es...