The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The instructions, per that tweet, are to ignore the federal guidelines. Perhaps stating that, in instances of overlap, CDC supercedes fed is a better approach than ignoring guidelines for specific circumstances not covered by the CDC?

As usual whoever tweeted the tweet did not articulate what was said correctly. 

New York health official just said not to follow the federal guidelines that you should self-quarantine for two weeks after leaving the metropolitan area. 

That is not what the official (Zucker) said. Zucker said New Yorkers should continue to follow the CDC guidelines.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Thanks Don Lover.  

Blind faith in a snake oils salesman serves us all well.  

I said I would listen to the experts and not talk out of my ass!!!! 

Who is Don Lover?

What are you talking about?  So basically your approach would be to listen to the experts?  You do realize that any chief executive has to weight multiple viewpoints and considerations and then is ultimately responsible for making a decision.

So again, very very simple question:  What is one thing that you would do that is currently not being done by this president.  One thing.  That's it.

43 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Because they -- the liberal NYC officials -- want the virus to spread to own Trump. TDS is worse than 'Rona)

Hoping like heck that there is more nuance to this than 140 characters allow.

Because if some twit in a position of authority & credibility really is recommending that people leaving the largest concentration of corona virus in the country not to self quarantine upon leaving, he is setting people up to unwittingly kill their new neighbors.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dubs said:

what would you do differently?

see, part of the problem with people like you and trans, and the media is that all you do is use vague statements and platitudes to emote your feelings and then criticize endlessly, yet you don’t offer a single critical thought or solution.  

Then you haven't been reading.

The biggest problem isn't what Trump is doing NOW... though he really could go a step further and finally just order a national shelter in place order for 2 weeks.

He hasn't done that.

He should also just finally actually invoke the Defense Production Act officially and use the power of the Presidency to manufacture much needed medical supplies. He complains about "not being a shipping clerk," but he could really take charge and make stuff happen.

But no, my biggest problem is how he totally screwed up in the beginning with the testing and before the beginning by getting rid of the Pandemic preparedness team simply because his ego can't stand having something from Obama's legacy he just can't handle.

Oh, and those pointing to polls, overall, I would say Trump has been doing a lot better over the last few weeks. I don't approve, but I certainly think the moment has forced him to rise above the sewer system he's dwelled in for so long. 

Just because I feel better about how he's handled things over the last few weeks doesn't mean I forgot everything else.

This is awful sad.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/us/karl-anthony-towns-mother-coronavirus-coma-spt-trnd/index.html

Towns learned last week that both of his parents weren't feeling well, and he urged them to seek medical attention immediately, he said. After days of no improvement, they went to a hospital.
His father was released into quarantine at his home, but his mother was deteriorating, he said. Though medications would lower her fever, it would spike at night. The hospital staff did everything they could to manage her condition.
"We always thought the next medicine would help," he said. "The next one would help. This is the one that's going to get it done. This one will make sure to get it done."
One day, he said, she felt great and they thought she was finally turning a corner. But then things went sideways.
She got worse, and she was confused. Doctors explained to Towns that she would have to be put on a ventilator. Then she was put in a medically induced coma.
Now Towns and his family are left in uncertainty. But they have not given up.
"We're going to keep fighting on my side. We're going to win," Towns said. "My mother is the strongest woman I know, and I know she will beat this. And we will rejoice when she does"

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The biggest problem isn't what Trump is doing NOW... though he really could go a step further and finally just order a national shelter in place order for 2 weeks.

He hasn't done that.

So, you don't know anything about federalism... at least you're admitting your ignorance now.

• Like (+1) 1

No Chance Joe -- pushing "his" Green New Deal at the expense of relief packages to the victims of this crisis. That's a good little establishment drone, never let a crisis go to waste. 

The only people thinking this guy has a chance to win are those with delusional levels of TDS, or literal enemies of this country hoping to take us down. 

:sick: 

Seriously. ***** Congress. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's doubly hilarious about this tone deaf post: @transplantbillsfan made it the day 45 reaches his highest approval rate ever, and over 60% of the public agrees with how he handled the crisis. 

Secondly, he's still pushing "everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian bot" three years after its peak stupidity. 

You can't get more tone deaf than that combo. :lol: 

HandlING not HandlED.

As I just said, he's doing better lately.

Hilarious how much you jump back and forth between polls being meaningless and polls being meaningful. :lol:

43 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He hasn't done that.

He should also just finally actually invoke the Defense Production Act officially and use the power of the Presidency to manufacture much needed medical supplies. He complains about "not being a shipping clerk," but he could really take charge and make stuff happen.

But no, my biggest problem is how he totally screwed up in the beginning with the testing and before the beginning by getting rid of the Pandemic preparedness team simply because his ego can't stand having something from Obama's legacy he just can't handle.

Oh, and those pointing to polls, overall, I would say Trump has been doing a lot better over the last few weeks. I don't approve, but I certainly think the moment has forced him to rise above the sewer system he's dwelled in for so long. 

Just because I feel better about how he's handled things over the last few weeks doesn't mean I forgot everything else.

How do I put this gently? You don't have a ***** clue regarding nearly everything you comment on. Obama quadrupled the NSC staff by making up a bunch of duplicate teams. One of those duplicate teams that got the old heave-ho was the one you are referring to. It's demise did not do one iota of harm to our preparedness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just like @transplantbillsfan: No time to help. Only time to blame.

Don't know what exactly you're talking about here, but it was Trump who politicized this all from the very beginning by trying to compare this to H1N1 criticizing Obama's handling of it saying that was much worse (it wasn't) and claiming that 1,000 American lives were lost at a similar point in the Swine Flu pandemic when no American lives have been lost--1,000 lives lost 6 months after 1st case in USA for H1N1 vs 800+ lives lost 2 months after 1st case in USA.

And you guys in this thread spewed the same crap just a month or 2 ago.

I really do wish everyone well though, despite your cult-mentality.

As for helping, I'm volunteering to help deliver free and reduced lunches to students on the island who live out of district as GEs and need to eat.

What are you doing to help?

22 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Hilarious how much you jump back and forth between polls being meaningless and polls being meaningful. :lol:

I've explained it numerous times -- you keep ignoring it. Polls are narrative drivers, nothing more. And the day the narrative (nationally, not just within Trump circles) is that 60% of Americans agree with his handling of the crisis and his approval numbers reach record levels for his term -- you thought it was a good time to post an attempted slam. And then capped it off with "BUT RUSSIA!" propaganda that's been debunked over two years ago. 

Why? 

Because your brain is broken. You've allowed yourself to get played. Hard. They want you emotional, not rational. And you oblige like a good little NPC.

November will be tough for you. :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't know what exactly you're talking about here, but it was Trump who politicized this all from the very beginning by trying to compare this to H1N1 criticizing Obama's handling of it saying that was much worse (it wasn't) and claiming that 1,000 American lives were lost at a similar point in the Swine Flu pandemic when no American lives have been lost--1,000 lives lost 6 months after 1st case in USA for H1N1 vs 800+ lives lost 2 months after 1st case in USA.

And you guys in this thread spewed the same crap just a month or 2 ago.

I really do wish everyone well though, despite your cult-mentality.

As for helping, I'm volunteering to help deliver free and reduced lunches to students on the island who live out of district as GEs and need to eat.

What are you doing to help?

How many people died from the H1N1? Did the Obama administration replace the depleted supply of N95 masks that the CDC twice asked him to do? BTW, you are incorrect. Obama didn't declare a state of emergency until 1000 people had died during a very slow moving virus. 

• Like (+1) 4