The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Sad even those beat cancer are affected as well :( 

I am no doctor, but I am guessing her immune system was compromised due to the treatments. I would think they are at a higher risk. It sucks that a person who went through something that traumatic and won would lose the battle against this virus.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

are you a Democrat? something that has not happened is a fact? really?

not a whole lotta CommonSense in that statement.

No sorry I meant shelter in place, I think some of the more heavily populated states will lean towards that before the new work week or put tighter restrictions on employers. I thought governors needed to declare that to shut down cities like NYC and LA. Seems that is not to be true after looking into it. Sorry for the confusion and stupidity. Lots of talk in Mass that the governor could impose it depending on testing results. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. The lead was cut off (SOP), which was what he was shaking his head to. 

(Context)

The problem is he has to stick his foot into areas he has no expertise.  It was obviously a "gotcha trap" and I kept saying just step it back!  Why keep on talking about the Hydroxichloriquine?   He is his own worst enemy.  

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Ok - someone tell the Orange Menace the expiration date has run out on the " China travel ban" brag.....Whatever benefits that may have had don't count if they are not followed up with continuous efforts to mitigate the spread

Must suck to be a smart guy like Fauci and get marching orders every morning to throw that line in "X" times a day.....

...your ignorance in difficult times and political vitriol are in full view....as if that means a rat's azz to you......a real prize.......SMH....

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, TPS said:

The problem is he has to stick his foot into areas he has no expertise.  It was obviously a "gotcha trap" and I kept saying just step it back!  Why keep on talking about the Hydroxichloriquine?   He is his own worst enemy.  

Other than the nation's top law enforcement officials, a former president and his cabinet, the nominee for president from the party that vowed to destroy him and political enemies that called him a traitor to the country, a complicit media that would have made Goebbels proud,  all conspiring to be a major threat to him personally, and his family as well,  yes?  ?

• Like (+1) 8

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...in retrospect and FWIW, this is our "Modern Day 9-11" but with an invisible attack........political differences were put aside, we came together as a nation in the true USA spirit, and got through one of the gravest periods in this country's history, UNITED......sadly and I'm hoping I am DEAD WRONG, I just do not see the current climate being similarly able to put differences aside and unite......the hatred and vitriol runs deep and sadly the excuse we have for MSM does it best to sew those seeds of hatred, bias, and vitriol.....I trust in the spirit, intelligence and country united TBD clan to put differences aside and support the common cause regardless of political affiliation...........

I suspect that if we had social media back then it may have been different.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

I hear you, I do. Trump steps on a lot of rakes unnecessarily through his stream of consciousness style of communicating. He's not faultless, or by any means a polished messenger of information. No argument there by me. 

But that's also how he's always been. Which doesn't excuse it entirely, but after 3 + years of him being in office people should (should) be more aware of how he communicates and adjust their comprehension of his words in kind. The media -- even honest ones -- rarely do that because they don't have time to give full context in a soundbyte (and some have agendas to portray him as negatively as possible). In this case, he kept talking about it because it kept being brought up by the media in the questions which came before this one and 45 clearly hopes/wishes/pines for this to be a magic bullet. He heard/read something about it that has him very optimistic, and he's trying to spread hope over fear to the rest of us. It could be false hope, ultimately, but that's not the same as saying 45 is pushing false hope as the reporter asked. 

One is unlucky. 

The other is malicious. 

Trump is a lot of things, with a lot of traits both positive and negative, but one thing he's shown constantly through action, policies, and his words is that he cares very deeply about this country and wants nothing but the best for it. 

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Other than the nation's top law enforcement officials, a former president and his cabinet, the nominee for president from the party that vowed to destroy him and political enemies that called him a traitor to the country, a complicit media that would have made Goebbels proud,  all conspiring to be a major threat to him personally, and his family as well,  yes?  ?

Yes, sorry, he should try to act like an expert on everything.  Pompeo smartly refused to answer a question.  It's not hard.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

:beer:

True -- this war has been going on longer than Covid19 has been on the loose. 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yes, sorry, he should try to act like an expert on everything.  Pompeo smartly refused to answer a question.  It's not hard.

It was actually a softball question that he easily could've hit out of the park despite his disgust with the person who asked it.  Whatever.  He is who he is and it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That’s how mass is, everyone thinks they shut us down this weekend before everyone goes back to work on Monday. Activated national guard etc, does the governor have to get a martial law approved or these shelter in places are instant? This is crazy. Everyone will be out of work before long.

Hardly any meats at the supermarkets and limited canned goods. After NYC and DC shut down the panic hit. Whatever, the half measures never had a chance. Most companies remanined open all week. 

17 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

That’s how mass is, everyone thinks they shut us down this weekend before everyone goes back to work on Monday. Activated national guard etc, does the governor have to get a martial law approved or these shelter in places are instant? This is crazy. Everyone will be out of work before long.

Hardly any meats at the supermarkets and limited canned goods. After NYC and DC shut down the panic hit. Whatever, the half measures never had a chance. Most companies remanined open all week. 

Yep, we continue this way for a couple weeks and the country as we know it will be gone.  

• Like (+1) 1

•  

MORE ON CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

The death toll from the new coronavirushas surpassed 5,000 in Europe - the new epicentre of the pandemic - as Italy, Germany and Spain reported a steep rise in infections.

Italy announced 627 more deaths on Friday, the biggest day-to-day increase in the country's four-week epidemic, a day after surpassing China's death toll. The total number of deaths in Italy reached 4,032. 

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They still don't understand why he won -- or what Americans actually care about. 

beta males are definitely united against all things trump!