The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Kidz Bop have sold 17 million units.

BNL is music for weenies.

PS. On second thought, a better comparison is The Wiggles...

"They (The Wiggles) have earned several Platinum, Double Platinum and Multi-Platinum records, as well as sold 23 million DVDs and 7 million CDs, and have performed, on average, to one million people per year."

BNL is Wiggles music for, um... "grown ups".

“Weenies”?? This is the sort of thing I would have said when I was 14. Yes...

This is me in grade 9!

I will give you 500 bonus points for dropping the wiggles in a Coronavirus thread. That is not easy. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Weenies”?? This is the sort of thing I would have said when I was 14. Yes...

This is me in grade 9!

I will give you 500 bonus points for dropping the wiggles in a Coronavirus thread. That is not easy. 

I see what you did there!?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Thousands of medical staff infected with coronavirus in Italy

At least 2,629 health workers have been infected by coronavirus since the onset of the outbreak in February

The data has sent shock waves through the country's already strained healthcare system.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/rising-number-medical-staff-infected-coronavirus-italy-200318183939314.html

'Everything is out of our control': San Francisco eases into lockdown

San Francisco is two days into a lockdown that has no definite end. What happens next is anyone's guess.

The city and its surrounding counties imposed shelter-in-place restrictions Tuesday just after midnight, forcing millions of people to stay home and stay put except for essential needs such as shopping for groceries, getting medications, caring for others and exercising.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/everything-out-our-control-san-francisco-eases-lockdown-n1163376

San Francisco goes into 24-hour lockdown for 3 weeks per fox news

Edited by ALF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

Let's see..................what was the U.S. government busy with back in January ?

The buck stops where?

11 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ugh.

See DT JR and Kim Garfoyle birthday party at MaraLago

8 hours ago, GG said:

Finally a scientifically plausible explanation why China infections peaked.  Extrapolating to the US would get us mostly clear by May?

They had a LOCKDOWN....we have toilet paper hoarding

17 minutes ago, TH3 said:

The buck stops where?

See DT JR and Kim Garfoyle birthday party at MaraLago

They had a LOCKDOWN....we have toilet paper hoarding

Given the structure of our government, since the President was powerless to stop the process, the buck would stop with Pelosi, no?  The government was near-singularly focused on an impeachment gambit that failed miserably, as everyone in America with integrity and a functioning brain knew it would.  You can hate your President and still be critical of the people you entrusted with power. Ask more from your leaders.  Expect more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:09 AM, billsfan1959 said:

Yes, it is pathetic. There is a national and global crisis going on, the likes of which nobody has had to deal with before. There are people all over this world that have dealt with pandemics and this has overwhelmed all of them. People at the national level have been, and are trying to do everything they can to get through this in the best way possible.

Instead of doing what they can to keep people calm and support efforts to get through this, people like you do all you can to sow seeds of blame and fear. It is absolutely rich that you accuse anyone of being in "lock step" in supporting their party when you and your party can't stop your hyperbole, blame, and fear mongering even in the midst of a crisis.

If people aren't part of the solution, then they are part of the problem and should just STFU.

You are delusional.  Keep kissing Don't ass and pretending he's perfect.  

I spread fear?  thats funny,  because I pointed out that Dandy Don, Reality TV "star" disbanded the Obama Administrations Pandemic Team?  

STFU?  Bravo my man.  What happened to freedom of speech?  Or does freedom of speech only apply to Don't Lemmings? 

Here's a clue.  If you don't like what I post 

Use the Ignore feature.  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Thousands of medical staff infected with coronavirus in Italy

At least 2,629 health workers have been infected by coronavirus since the onset of the outbreak in February

The data has sent shock waves through the country's already strained healthcare system.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/rising-number-medical-staff-infected-coronavirus-italy-200318183939314.html

'Everything is out of our control': San Francisco eases into lockdown

San Francisco is two days into a lockdown that has no definite end. What happens next is anyone's guess.

The city and its surrounding counties imposed shelter-in-place restrictions Tuesday just after midnight, forcing millions of people to stay home and stay put except for essential needs such as shopping for groceries, getting medications, caring for others and exercising.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/everything-out-our-control-san-francisco-eases-lockdown-n1163376

San Francisco goes into 24-hour lockdown for 3 weeks per fox news

Good news is, if the plumbing stops working and the ***** piles up, San Francisconians will be right at home...

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You are delusional.  Keep kissing Don't ass and pretending he's perfect.  

I spread fear?  thats funny,  because I pointed out that Dandy Don, Reality TV "star" disbanded the Obama Administrations Pandemic Team?  

STFU?  Bravo my man.  What happened to freedom of speech?  Or does freedom of speech only apply to Don't Lemmings? 

Here's a clue.  If you don't like what I post 

Use the Ignore feature.  

I didn't vote for Trump, I don't kiss anyone's ass, and perfection doesn't exist in human beings.

There is a time for political attacks and then there is a time to keep your mouth shut and be supportive. It isn't about freedom of speech, it is about the greater good.

Unfortunately, people like you are too arrogant and self-absorbed to know the difference - and are only concerned with the need to prop up your own sense of self-perfection by constantly "enlightening" the uninformed masses from your perch of intellectual and moral superiority.

Funny you should use any phrase with the word "clue" in it, as it is clear you don't have a clue.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, GG said:

Finally a scientifically plausible explanation why China infections peaked.  Extrapolating to the US would get us mostly clear by May?

i think i may have missed what you are talking about. could you point me towards what it is you are referring to?

TYIA

This happened yesterday...

Senate passes coronavirus package as Treasury proposes rescue with emergency checks

"I do not believe we should let perfection be the enemy of something that will help even a subset of workers," Mitch McConnell says.

Washington is mobilizing to rescue the country from potentially disastrous economic consequences from the global coronavirus outbreak, with the Senate on Wednesday passing a multi-billion dollar emergency package and quickly getting to work on a larger stimulus agreement.

With Senate leaders vowing to work at “warp speed” to blunt the financial fallout from the pandemic, the Treasury Department unveiled to lawmakers a plan for $250 billion in direct payments to Americans starting April 6.

Meanwhile, Senate Republicans were inching closer on Wednesday to unveiling their proposal for a third, even larger stimulus package to address the epidemic, which is likely to include some of Treasury's ideas.

The Senate’s approval Wednesday of the House-passed coronavirus bill, known as “phase two,” comes as Republican senators are expected to begin negotiations with Democrats on a trillion-dollar “phase three” stimulus package as early as Wednesday night.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i think i may have missed what you are talking about. could you point me towards what it is you are referring to?

TYIA

B-Man's link of the Israeli's scientist's analysis (above) and his view that the virus will naturally cycle through in a relatively short span.   Was a plausible explanation of why China's cases essentially dropped.

Of course, I'm willing to wait until Rosanna Arquette offers her guidance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GG said:

B-Man's link of the Israeli's scientist's analysis (above) and his view that the virus will naturally cycle through in a relatively short span.   Was a plausible explanation of why China's cases essentially dropped.

thanks. i did read that and wasn't quite sure that was the 'scientifically plausible' item you were referring to.

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

thanks. i did read that and wasn't quite sure that was the 'scientifically plausible' item you were referring to.

It is, on purely statistical basis.   

As I said before, it's not in China's interest to suppress new cases, because that would open them up to much greater questioning on either the virus's origin or having the cure.

4 minutes ago, GG said:

It is, on purely statistical basis.   

As I said before, it's not in China's interest to suppress new cases, because that would open them up to much greater questioning on either the virus's origin or having the cure.

I don't trust china. Even if Biden says they are our friend. 

35 minutes ago, GG said:

Basing any kind of analysis on what the Chinese release is just plain a waste of time...Look at Italy.

My take....It is inevitable that like DT said....CV is going to "wash through" our country. Ultimately there will be hundreds of thousands...if not millions of casualties (pending a vaccine). 

No amount of economic help from the Feds can replace the loss of economic activity that is going to be incurred in a quarantine/shutdown. Think about this: A restaurant is in a plaza...shuts down - employees out of work. Restaurant has credit line with bank and a lease with a developer. Developer out of rent can't make payments might default on mortgage, restaurant out of credit line conditions with bank. Employees can't pay bills with a $1,000 check. Multiply by millions. 

This is the reality that we are looking at - and if you get a hold of leaked meetings and reports.....they know it

What I think is going to happen? A policy of low risk people get on with their lives and the high risk try to stay out of harms way. Hundreds of thousands if not millions of casualties and not much to stop it....and that is the choice that is going to be made. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1