The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

55 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They use the North Korea method of accounting for negativity 

Would not surprise me.  But one thing to consider is that Russian society most likely is fairly immobile.  Also, harsh quarantines can be put in place without the Western media knowing anything about it.  I would imagine that it still requires state permission to do anything more than travel a few kilometers unless you are highly placed in the government.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Massachusetts has a Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness program that's centered around climate ∆. Towns need to craft plans on how to mitigate issues that were identified after having a threat analysis.

Once we get over the WuHan boogies, I think the entire country's governments and strategic industries need to work on plans to shorten the supply chain and think further ahead than just lining the pockets of their cronies and jousting for political one-upmanship that has been  for far too long. 

They're hiding something... bodies.

They did the same with Chernobyl. 

Plus, it's hard to get into Russia. We were going to St. Petersburg as part of a Viking cruise that we just cancelled. They have a lot of control over who comes in, and who can leave.

Bernie didn't have any trouble getting in. Must have to know someone I guess. 

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Massachusetts has a Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness program that's centered around climate ∆. Towns need to craft plans on how to mitigate issues that were identified after having a threat analysis.

Once we get over the WuHan boogies, I think the entire country's governments and strategic industries need to work on plans to shorten the supply chain and think further ahead than just lining the pockets of their cronies and jousting for political one-upmanship that has been  for far too long. 

They're hiding something... bodies.

They did the same with Chernobyl. 

Plus, it's hard to get into Russia. We were going to St. Petersburg as part of a Viking cruise that we just cancelled. They have a lot of control over who comes in, and who can leave.

Pretty lofty goals that I don't see coming into being without a fundamental reshaping of society.  People that don't make money the first priority are considered chumps by the standards of today.  I can still hear the phrase "take the money and run" ringing in my ears even though my Cornell days are decades behind me.  

Edited by RochesterRob

6 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Rumors from some CA officer friends of mine is gasoline goes on lock-down in CA tomorrow.

Just a rumor, but, y'know, fate favors the prepared.

Why?  Is the price too low?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

you are the biggest hypocrite in this entire thread. Your views sway with the wind and your postings are radically inconsistent. Which is it today, overblown hysteric reaction or prudence? Keep watching Fox news though they'll tell you what to think and post.

Oh boy, here we go.  Pump the brakes sister.  

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Funny just drove by a station today and was shocked to see it at $3.55

Low??? I just bought gas at Tops today.  $2.29 with a .20/gal discount with points on my shopping card.

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They use the North Korea method of accounting for negativity 

After Dear Leader Kim posted a golf score of 8 for 18 holes some people questioned the reliability of their accounting.

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Low??? I just bought gas at Tops today.  $2.29 with a .20/gal discount with points on my shopping card.

Gas was $1.74 at Irving NY and that was 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Vodka?

I know it's only anecdotal but the name of my boat was Absolut Tonic and I never got one of those viruses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1