The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not "plan (sic) bonkers" -- it's your EARNED reputation Tibs. 

You're a blight on this board. And you revel in it because you're a sad, tiny person with nothing to offer. 

France now.

I wonder if this means that foreign ships will be barred from entering French ports while the lockdown is on?  More trade being restricted?

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You constantly post histrionics straight from the MSM spigot, 99% of which turns out to be wrong. Then, rather than admitting you were wrong, you double down on idiocy like "WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!". 

You're a fool with a broken brain. And your posts contain weapons grade stupidity more often than not. 

Specific enough for you? 

Which side of the aisle has been consistently wrong and stupid about the coronavirus?

It's funny how you always type out personal attacks when they disagree with you. Were you one of the fools who agreed that there's nothing to be worried about because it's contained?

Were you one of the morons who agreed with Trump when he said  there were a couple cases in America, but by the end of the week there will be none?.

You spout your endless nonsense even when you are 100% wrong. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/rush-limbaugh-were-shutting-down-our-country-because-cold-virus

At a campaign rally on Feb. 28 in North Charleston, S.C., Trump accused the Democrats of using the coronavirus as "their new hoax." 

Larry Kudlow urged Americans to "stay at work," claiming the coronavirus "looks relatively contained."

Trump told Americans to go to work even if they have it.

Kellyanne Conway said the coronavirus "is being contained." "It is being contained," Conway said when asked about a lack of available tests. "Do you not think it's being contained in this country?"

Comparing the coronavirus to the seasonal flu, Trump claimed, "We have it so well under control."

Hey, it's contained. Everything's fine Nothing to see here. La La La.

Moron.

South Korea and Singapore are doing a far better job than Trump. Trump put Pence the Stupid in charge. The same idiot who wanted to pray the Gay away. 

Trump shut down the agency that would have been leading the effort, now. Another brilliant move by the orange man. 

You can keep insulting people, but everyone who isn't brain-dead knows that Trump and his people have been spouting lies about the most dangerous medical issue since AIDS. You are easily the biggest idiot in this community. Granted, some of your cheerleaders are probably just as dumb.

Now, you can go back to posting idiocy from people on Twitter, because that's you. No original thoughts, ever. Just blindly following an agenda. When the facts get in the way you do the same as your Master. You point to the sky and say look over there.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to check if it's no different than catching a cold and anyway, by now, Trump said cases of infection would be down to zero. Yeah, it's all a hoax, the virus is gone and it never was worse than the common cold. Guess you were right, after all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Kemp said:

Which side of the aisle has been consistently wrong and stupid about the coronavirus?

You've been wrong 1000% for years, so ***** off. You tried to doxx me, got that wrong. You tried to dunk on everything for Russia, got that wrong. 

You're a terrible poster who brings nothing to this board. ***** off. 

(and half the ***** you just posted is flat out false -- but discerning truth from fiction has never been your strong suit.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's funny how you always type out personal attacks when they disagree with you. Were you one of the fools who agreed that there's nothing to be worried about because it's contained?

Were you one of the morons who agreed with Trump when he said  there were a couple cases in America, but by the end of the week there will be none?.

You spout your endless nonsense even when you are 100% wrong. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/rush-limbaugh-were-shutting-down-our-country-because-cold-virus

At a campaign rally on Feb. 28 in North Charleston, S.C., Trump accused the Democrats of using the coronavirus as "their new hoax." 

Larry Kudlow urged Americans to "stay at work," claiming the coronavirus "looks relatively contained."

Trump told Americans to go to work even if they have it.

Kellyanne Conway said the coronavirus "is being contained." "It is being contained," Conway said when asked about a lack of available tests. "Do you not think it's being contained in this country?"

Comparing the coronavirus to the seasonal flu, Trump claimed, "We have it so well under control."

Hey, it's contained. Everything's fine Nothing to see here. La La La.

Moron.

South Korea and Singapore are doing a far better job than Trump. Trump put Pence the Stupid in charge. The same idiot who wanted to pray the Gay away. 

Trump shut down the agency that would have been leading the effort, now. Another brilliant move by the orange man. 

You can keep insulting people, but everyone who isn't brain-dead knows that Trump and his people have been spouting lies about the most dangerous medical issue since AIDS. You are easily the biggest idiot in this community. Granted, some of your cheerleaders are probably just as dumb.

Now, you can go back to posting idiocy from people on Twitter, because that's you. No original thoughts, ever. Just blindly following an agenda. When the facts get in the way you do the same as your Master. You point to the sky and say look over there.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'm going to check if it's no different than catching a cold and anyway, by now, Trump said cases of infection would be down to zero. Yeah, it's all a hoax, the virus is gone and it never was worse than the common cold. Guess you were right, after all.

I like to keep things loose and stay away from personal attacks. 

You're a weak minded simpleton. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Both of them, asshat.

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Total bull####.  How do you enforce a nationwide lockdown or curfew?  State, county, and city law enforcement are going to bother with that?  And if they are...why not let the state, county, and local authorities, who know most about what's happening in their own regions, determine the needs themselves?  

People have gone from being terrified of fascism, to begging for it, in two goddamn weeks.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Total bull####.  How do you enforce a nationwide lockdown or curfew?  State, county, and city law enforcement are going to bother with that?  And if they are...why not let the state, county, and local authorities, who know most about what's happening in their own regions, determine the needs themselves?  

People have gone from being terrified of fascism, to begging for it, in two goddamn weeks.

100%

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Throughout this thread, you have been a constant "worst case scenario" voice - it is what you do. The fact that you justify your dire predictions as just facing reality indicates just how internal your reality is, rather than based on the external world around you. You have no idea how this is going to play out, anymore than anyone else. Yet, you CHOOSE to take the default position that it will be catastrophic.

Voices like yours are what lead people to panic when they don't need to, and to do idiotic things like hoarding more supplies than they need - which serves only to keep others from getting what they need and generally creating more problems. 

There is a way to deal with this as a serious issue without the constant hand wringing and fear mongering that does nothing more than feed the panic.

Is that specific enough?

I have been showing posters here the worst possible case.  You are correct.  The reason though is important.  There has been a subset of posters here that for weeks now have been claiming that this is no big deal and that they were not changing their routines.  IT IS A BIG DEAL.  It is tough convincing an entire pack of fools.  Arguing against several of these opinions has perhaps made it seem that I am inciting panic.  In my opinion, I have been arguing to take this very seriously and to prepare, as opposed to inciting panic.

As far as 'specific enough'?  For now, yes.  If however, you wish to claim that I am encouraging hoarding and panic, you would need to show me those specific posts.  Clear enough?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

100%

I've been saying this all along.  It's one of my conspiracy theories.  Big Tech is behind it to get everyone to have to buy stuff online more and use delivery services etc.  Once they get used to it, say 3 or 4 months, and they'll just continue to from then on.

What if the delivery person has it?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Do we need to wait until it happens to prepare our public health systems?  Pretty sure the plan here has been "well that kinda ***** doesn't happen in America".

I was reading about that last night.  This is very similar to Katrina, in that the federal government has tried to engage the state and local resources for preparation...but no one was interested because "it won't happen to us."

Preparation requires a contextual shift of "it will happen to us."  Federal officials tend to have that contextual shift early, because we provide so much support overseas (most CDC officials working this right now were involved directly, overseas, with SARS, MERS, and the 2014 Ebola epidemic.)  State and local officials don't have that context - their view is much more parochial.  Contrast to Superstorm Sandy, where we'd already had that context shift at state and local levels, from Katrina.  

And contrary to popular belief, the federal government cannot - does not have the equipment or the authority - to push aside, ignore, or supersede state and local responders.  Particularly in matters of public health.  It has never, ever, ever worked that way.  The most recent example is the 2014 Ebola epidemic - the Americans who caught Ebola and became sick with it were treated with local resources; the epidemiology and public health actions (e.g. quarantine, contact tracing) were performed by state public health resources.  The federal government - the CDC - provided advice, training, and laboratory support.  

Just like they're doing now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I've been saying this all along.  It's one of my conspiracy theories.  Big Tech is behind it to get everyone to have to buy stuff online more and use delivery services etc.  Once they get used to it, say 3 or 4 months, and they'll just continue to from then on.

What if the delivery person has it?

And distance work, school and medical care. Everything that can be done at home can be done online. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I was reading about that last night.  This is very similar to Katrina, in that the federal government has tried to engage the state and local resources for preparation...but no one was interested because "it won't happen to us."

Preparation requires a contextual shift of "it will happen to us."  Federal officials tend to have that contextual shift early, because we provide so much support overseas (most CDC officials working this right now were involved directly, overseas, with SARS, MERS, and the 2014 Ebola epidemic.)  State and local officials don't have that context - their view is much more parochial.  Contrast to Superstorm Sandy, where we'd already had that context shift at state and local levels, from Katrina.  

And contrary to popular belief, the federal government cannot - does not have the equipment or the authority - to push aside, ignore, or supersede state and local responders.  Particularly in matters of public health.  It has never, ever, ever worked that way.  The most recent example is the 2014 Ebola epidemic - the Americans who caught Ebola and became sick with it were treated with local resources; the epidemiology and public health actions (e.g. quarantine, contact tracing) were performed by state public health resources.  The federal government - the CDC - provided advice, training, and laboratory support.  

Just like they're doing now.

no no no no Tom. You’re hopelessly wrong. The Federal Goobermint is THE answer, no matter the question. And when President Early Stage Joe takes over, you and the world will see his magnificent leadership. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

For example: you're an idiot.

I thought you got five years? Out already? 

Just now, Nanker said:

no no no no Tom. You’re hopelessly wrong. The Federal Goobermint is THE answer, no matter the question. And when President Early Stage Joe takes over, you and the world will see his magnificent leadership. 

Who are the airlines asking for help? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I'd rather see Goober for President and cousin Gomer for VP.