The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

31 minutes ago, Hedge said:

IMO this is worth a watch (still ongoing as of this post). I can't imagine how it will be spun, but it's filled with critical corporate leaders pledging to step up to plate and assist with the situation. 

It was not spun well on twitter.  These are the top tweets:

#TrumpPressConference recap: 1) Trump incoherently thumps his chest, 2) lady holds up a poster nobody can read, 3) a bunch of companies get free advertising while making money off the virus and not helping their employees, 4) Pence slathers Trump in praise

uex2JDvW_bigger.png

This parade of corporate CEOs at the #TrumpPressConference is ridiculous. I want to hear from scientists, doctors, and lawmakers. I want to hear that every American will receive free testing and paid sick leave. This moment is about putting PEOPLE OVER PROFIT. #NationalEmergency

Not a press conference. It's a parade of white men kissing Trump's ass. Groveling sycophants. Obama never needed people to feed his ego when the country was panicking & in national crisis. #NationalEmergency #sycophants #TrumpPressConference

6Ivr9Ghh_bigger.jpg

Listening to trump trying to sell us a truckload of ***** that we need private sector is only because trump hollowed out everyone of our agencies exactly to let his buddies make millions #TrumpPressConference

However, the DOW went up 1400 points in the last 20 minutes of trading, if you care about that sort of thing.  

I'll say as an "Independent Moderate" I'm not a big fan of President Trump but I am glad of this afternoon moves.  He and his team have taken

many of the steps necessary to limit the negative effects of this challenge.  Filling up the National Petroleum Reserve at this

time is also a good move and Cramer (who called for that last night) from Mad Money will be happy to see it.

That being said, if a Non-Republican President did the exact same moves a lot of criticism would of come from the right.

I repeat (practically beg) for Americans to act like citizens and not partisans. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

These questions about having a test available for every american are beyond stupid. If you have no symptoms you dont get tested. If you have mild symptoms, you stay at home. A drive through test is totally unnecessary even with mild symptoms.

Beyond that, we are still in flu season, if you have symptoms you'll first get a flu test. If you're flu negative, then you get the test. If you're flu positive, you dont get the test.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, bbb said:

It was not spun well on twitter.  These are the top tweets:

#TrumpPressConference recap: 1) Trump incoherently thumps his chest, 2) lady holds up a poster nobody can read, 3) a bunch of companies get free advertising while making money off the virus and not helping their employees, 4) Pence slathers Trump in praise

uex2JDvW_bigger.png

This parade of corporate CEOs at the #TrumpPressConference is ridiculous. I want to hear from scientists, doctors, and lawmakers. I want to hear that every American will receive free testing and paid sick leave. This moment is about putting PEOPLE OVER PROFIT. #NationalEmergency

Not a press conference. It's a parade of white men kissing Trump's ass. Groveling sycophants. Obama never needed people to feed his ego when the country was panicking & in national crisis. #NationalEmergency #sycophants #TrumpPressConference

6Ivr9Ghh_bigger.jpg

Listening to trump trying to sell us a truckload of ***** that we need private sector is only because trump hollowed out everyone of our agencies exactly to let his buddies make millions #TrumpPressConference

However, the DOW went up 1400 points in the last 20 minutes of trading, if you care about that sort of thing.  

Yeah, what do CEOs of the major pharma & drug store companies know about healthcare delivery?   Why can't the federal government just parachute pallets of test kits to the affected areas?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll say as an "Independent Moderate" I'm not a big fan of President Trump but I am glad of this afternoon moves.  He and his team have taken

many of the steps necessary to limit the negative effects of this challenge.  Filling up the National Petroleum Reserve at this

time is also a good move and Cramer (who called for that last night) from Mad Money will be happy to see it.

That being said, if a Non-Republican President did the exact same moves a lot of criticism would of come from the right.

I repeat (practically beg) for Americans to act like citizens and not partisans. 

It's not the citizens who are acting like partisans by and large. 

It's the media and DC establishment (on both sides of the aisle). The same people who needlessly dragged out multiple false stories to the detriment of this country and the world (Iraq/WMD, Russia/Trump, Ukraine/Trump, now this). 

Enemies of the people. All the way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

***** off, Steve. 

(There's literally a female speaking)

Quite a few years ago I was in Bangor, Maine, and a local took me by SKs house. No idea if he still lives there, but he had an iron gate all around the property (with bats or goblins on it for maximum cool/creep factor).  Anyway, if I knew he was such a liberal dick, I'd have yelled at him to tear down the barrier.  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not the citizens who are acting like partisans by and large. 

It's the media and DC establishment (on both sides of the aisle). The same people who needlessly dragged out multiple false stories to the detriment of this country and the world (Iraq/WMD, Russia/Trump, Ukraine/Trump, now this). 

Enemies of the people. All the way.

I got plenty of family and friends on both sides arguing to the bitter end that makes me believe the way i do.

The previous President had plenty of "death panels and birth certificates" to interrupt his job.

Being in the middle is a lonely position nowadays.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I got plenty of family and friends on both sides arguing to the bitter end that makes me believe the way i do.

The previous President had plenty of "death panels and birth certificates" to interrupt his job.

Being in the middle is a lonely position nowadays.

It’s war. Whether you acknowledge it or not, we are engaged in the largest (dis)information campaign in world history. We are all combatants — even if we don’t want to be. 

Being politically agnostic (as I am) can only get you so far. And yes, it is lonely.  

Individual discernment and a level head is the key to getting through the noise. 

:beer: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/EenaRuffini/status/1238537879111991296

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, Hedge said:

IMO this is worth a watch (still ongoing as of this post). I can't imagine how it will be spun, but it's filled with critical corporate leaders pledging to step up to plate and assist with the situation. 

...think he should have been more preemptive and proactive by declaring the national emergency much sooner.......delay provided MSM with fodder......financial stimulus made no sense.....why would people need more disposable income if hunkered down at home?......redistribute their DI to essentials now that entertainment, sporting events, etc are being cancelled.....the national panic has blossomed like coronavirus......declaring the national emergency much sooner may have helped stem the panic and boost confidence that the government is doing something....

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

it's a case of, damned if you do, damned if you don't. it doesn't matter who it is, it is a no win situation.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1