The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Well....the stock market is fully behind this administration's effort!

What a frigging joke from the Right....listened to Fox Business on my way in....in one moment the guy said South Korea and Hong Kong got it right....went on to pan Merkel and Italy...

The went on the praise DT speech and talk about we need economic stimulus just like Europe has....

The orange menace can't be gone soon enough

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

What are you talking about?  The 25% market drop is the reflection of the expected earnings hit that the planned sequestrations and quarantines will have on economic activity.   You can't have it both ways.  If you are going to implement severe travel and work restrictions to prevent contagion, the economy will take a massive beating.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What are you talking about?  The 25% market drop is the reflection of the expected earnings hit that the planned sequestrations and quarantines will have on economic activity.   You can't have it both ways.  If you are going to implement severe travel and work restrictions to prevent contagion, the economy will take a massive beating.

You have to halt commerce AND improve the stock market! God it’s so simple

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The effects on everyday life will increase. My neighbor is a renowned scientist at the University of Rochester. He owns this biotech company that has made some significant discoveries. I will try to catch up with him this weekend to see how optimistic he is. It does not sound like it is THE cure, but any type of deterrent could slow the panic.

ROC biotech company says lab tests of former cancer drug confirm it stops COVID-19

by Jane Flasch-13 WHAM NEWS

Wednesday, March 11th 2020

Rochester, N.Y. - A vaccine for COVID-19 is likely years away. Yet a drug tested in a lab three weeks ago has been found to stop the virus from spreading from cell to cell.

The stunning announcement comes from a Rochester biotech company called OyaGen, Inc. The company is seeking to fast-track the formula to treat people who become infected.

"A treatment right now is the priority," said Dr. Harold Smith of OyaGen. He added the drug already has FDA approval for another use.

The tests were conducted at the federal government's integrated research facility in Fort Detrick, Md. A drug called Oya 1 had already been proven in lab tests there to be effective against Ebola.

https://13wham.com/news/local/roc-biotech-company-says-lab-tests-of-former-cancer-drug-confirm-it-stops-covid-19

On 3/11/2020 at 6:21 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

President Donald Trump's mic was on before he delivered a speech on the US response to tackling the coronavirus outbreak, which has infected over 1,300 people and killed 38 others. 

"Oh f****" Trump said before delivering the speech. "Uh oh, I've got a pen mark."

He then asked his staff for "any white stuff."

Thanks for being 6 week late on controlling this.

What was he doing?  At  Mar-a-Lago alone - Golfing, hosting Super Bowl Parties, golfing, golfing with some Nationals players.

He even took a trip to India and brought some of his family on the trip.  

President Donald Trump’s new European travel restrictions have a convenient side effect: They exempt nations where three Trump-owned golf resorts are located.

before you criticize me 

Come visit my work campus and I will give you a guided tour of the Infected areas CLOSED FOR CLEANSING! 

WTF?

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, GG said:

The baseline thinking of maxists is that the government controls everything, including stock market values. 

So trump should have just told the stock market to go up, boom problem solved!

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, TH3 said:

What a frigging joke from the Right....listened to Fox Business on my way in....in one moment the guy said South Korea and Hong Kong got it right....went on to pan Merkel and Italy...

The went on the praise DT speech and talk about we need economic stimulus just like Europe has....

The TDS is strong in this one. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Over the next several months, things will stabilize. We will find that the mortality rate for COVID-19 is actually 1% or less of all those who have the virus. Things will get back to normal. The engines of the economy will get back to full strength. Markets will rebound. 

And the end of the world didn't arrive...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, TH3 said:

sorry, 2 scoops, 2 terms

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

sorry, 2 scoops, 2 terms

TH3 thinks that everything should be shut down and locked up and of course all trading and business curtailed in order to get the stock market to believe in what Trump is doing, so that it will hit new levels. Sure, that's how things work. 

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

No. The entire country was tuned in last night to watch the leader of the free world and he mischaracterized his own travel ban and gave zero specifics on what is being done in the United States to control spread. 

You got it wrong (again). Before the speech you swore he’d take swipes at democrats but he didn’t. So, now you’re on to the next  outrage supplied to you by proven liars and manipulators. 

Pretty sure you owe someone an avatar change... 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not to take any side in this political debate but at the very least, Trump and American leaders have taken action.

I'm still waiting for some sort of announcement here and Trudeau has not done anything.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

How come every other entity in the world is pissed off at the rightful place (China) except the American left?

It’s nobody’s fault but China’s for the spreading of this virus, but you braindead leftists wanna blame Trump and his administration.

Its just like blaming Obama for the swine flu, which I don’t remember anyone doing and would be beyond stupid to blame Obama for it. Same thing for the Trump administration in this case.

Again, the blame for this belongs on China and China ALONE. 

If you wanna blame someone else, you seriously need to shut the fvck up.

• Like (+1) 8