The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Trump isn't handling the virus issue well and IMO, that's what's giving the Dems and the media any ammunition they have on the subject.  This is a topic where his instincts, usually good, can't carry him over his lack of intelligence, usually quite poor.  

I think 3/4 of his problem is he doesn't want this virus to affect *his* rallies and *his* re-election campaign, and he needs to accept it will and get past it.  I think once he does, he will lead more effectively. 

What you see is an elderly gentleman who's mad at the world because he wants to cut his lawn, and the meteorologist on the tv said it wasn't going to rain today and it's raining goddammit, and he's besides himself.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Trump isn't handling the virus issue well and IMO, that's what's giving the Dems and the media any ammunition they have on the subject.  This is a topic where his instincts, usually good, can't carry him over his lack of intelligence, usually quite poor.  

I think 3/4 of his problem is he doesn't want this virus to affect *his* rallies and *his* re-election campaign, and he needs to accept it will and get past it.  I think once he does, he will lead more effectively. 

What you see is an elderly gentleman who's mad at the world because he wants to cut his lawn, and the meteorologist on the tv said it wasn't going to rain today and it's raining goddammit, and he's besides himself.  

He's handled it very well.  The most important decision he made was banning travel from China as early as he did otherwise this would be exponentially worse.  This shouldn't come close to approaching the deaths even from Swine Flu under Obama, much less regular-old flu annually.

As for the other stuff, it's all perception mostly driven by the liberal media.  Worry less about that and more on what you can do to keep yourself and others safe.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Are they bringing the hand sanitizer ?

Can't. All the people who have never washed their hands before bought up all the hand sanitizer.

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

November 3rd, 2020 at the ballot box. 

:beer: 

I agree. I also think this needs to happen to the media. A complete shutout of these outlets, CBS, nbc, abs, msnbc, of course cnn and including fox would Be appropriate IMO. 

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

I also think this needs to happen to the media. A complete shutout of these outlets, CBS, nbc, abs, msnbc, of course cnn and including fox would Be appropriate IMO. 

What outlets should be highlighted that do a good job in sharing the news?

Call the Governor !..............Get the National Guard in there !!!

PHOTOS: After Columbia canceled classes over COVID-19, students gathered in the middle of campus to catch some sun

On Monday, Columbia University canceled classes after someone involved with the school was quarantined after being exposed to the COVID-19 virus:

RH4QG37s?format=jpg&name=600x314            ESsG-0OX0AElx_o?format=jpg&name=small

Great. The full cost of attending the schools is about $70,000 per year and they’re going to switch to online education? Will they be issuing refunds?

• Thank you (+1) 1