The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

...ok, who the hell was the leak??………..

Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander says coronavirus may have been caused by US biological attack

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

The commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said the coronavirus might be the result of a biological attack from the United States, according to a local news agency.

Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami, who has previously vowed to "cleanse the planet from the filth" of Israel and the U.S., according to The Jerusalem Post, made the comments in the same engagement in which he praised Qassem Suleimani, who ran the IRGC's elite Quds Force until he was killed in January by an American drone strike while in Iraq.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guard-coronavirus-us-biological-attack

• Haha (+1) 1

California Declares State of Emergency; Cruise Ship Is Held Offshore

• The declaration came as cases in the state shot up to at least 54. And a cruise ship carrying 21 people with symptoms lingered off the San Francisco coast.
  • New Jersey reported its first case, and a contractor for Facebook in Seattle tested positive. Here’s the latest.

FYI, I hate having to wash my hands constantly! 

Back to the thread..........

Well, this is a bit of good news regarding the Covid-19 coronavirus:

Via NBC News, “As the novel coronavirus spreads around the globe, doctors say very few children have been diagnosed with it. And of those who have, most have had mild cases.

This is a good site for stats on the virus, including death rate by age here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Also, as I've been saying, this is an opportunity for Trump to lead, but he appears to be squandering based on his comments with Hannity last night.  The worst thing for him is to lose trust on this....

13 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The above post got me to thinking. Anybody that's been here at least a year will understand my concerns. If a dog can catch the coronavirus from a human shouldn't Boyst's whole herd be tested? 0:)

Creepy that you joke around about this dude. Very, very creepy.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

California Declares State of Emergency; Cruise Ship Is Held Offshore

• The declaration came as cases in the state shot up to at least 54. And a cruise ship carrying 21 people with symptoms lingered off the San Francisco coast.
  • New Jersey reported its first case, and a contractor for Facebook in Seattle tested positive. Here’s the latest.

FYI, I hate having to wash my hands constantly! 

Whether he likes it or not (and he will absolutely positively hate it), Trump is going to have to restrict travel if he wants to escape a scenario where he's facing down large-scale virus outbreaks in all 50 states.  It's manageable now.  It's not going to be.   

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread..........

Well, this is a bit of good news regarding the Covid-19 coronavirus:

Via NBC News, “As the novel coronavirus spreads around the globe, doctors say very few children have been diagnosed with it. And of those who have, most have had mild cases.

What i'm worried about is. Obsly it is a smart virus. The mutating part is a huge problem. Some studies, people get the S strain and then the L strain for reinfections. The S type is milder and less infectious (like a tree branch hoopefully stops growing unsure still is but case for now milder and less infectious). While the L  more aggressive. Plus the a dog has a weak coronavirus. Just wondering if it changes it code mutating possibly get it again? Some people got them both. Plus some scientists found a third mutation unsure how that does in a different country  myself read on it.  

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ok, who the hell was the leak??………..

Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander says coronavirus may have been caused by US biological attack

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

The commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said the coronavirus might be the result of a biological attack from the United States, according to a local news agency.

Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami, who has previously vowed to "cleanse the planet from the filth" of Israel and the U.S., according to The Jerusalem Post, made the comments in the same engagement in which he praised Qassem Suleimani, who ran the IRGC's elite Quds Force until he was killed in January by an American drone strike while in Iraq.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guard-coronavirus-us-biological-attack

salami.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Whether he likes it or not (and he will absolutely positively hate it), Trump is going to have to restrict travel if he wants to escape a scenario where he's facing down large-scale virus outbreaks in all 50 states.  It's manageable now.  It's not going to be.   

That would be a mini nightmare.That actually might make me fell sorry for Trump. Having to tell people (who are mostly irrational) that they can't leave or transport goods would be an ***** of anger. 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

What i'm worried about is. Obsly it is a smart virus. The mutating part is a huge problem. Some studies, people get the S strain and then the L strain for reinfections. The S type is milder and less infectious (like a tree branch hoopefully stops growing unsure still is but case for now milder and less infectious). While the L  more aggressive. Plus the a dog has a weak coronavirus. Just wondering if it changes it code mutating possibly get it again? Some people got them both. Plus some scientists found a third mutation unsure how that does in a different country  myself read on it.  

For whatever it's worth, my buddy who works in a bio lab, opined that this virus might not go away. It could be with us for years like the flu. Hope not. We would lose half the elderly real fast if this thing was pervasive for awhile 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

This is a good site for stats on the virus, including death rate by age here:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/

Also, as I've been saying, this is an opportunity for Trump to lead, but he appears to be squandering based on his comments with Hannity last night.  The worst thing for him is to lose trust on this....

I think the President is doing a great job in regards to being a leader. It's not easy to lead when you have the Democrats making up false statements.  You would think the left would put the country and it's citizens above politics, but that's asking too much I guess. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I think the President is doing a great job in regards to being a leader. It's not easy to lead when you have the Democrats making up false statements.  You would think the left would put the country and it's citizens above politics, but that's asking too much I guess. 

Pelosi and Schumer suck as leaders.  That said, the president should be the one who leads on this, but he acts more concerned about the impact it has on the stock market and economy...

"It's not easy to lead," and it's tough to win in the NFL...

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still in the WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE hair-on-fire dumps, huh?

Shut down everything!!! Quarantine for  the whole world! Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes: While we are at it, we should outlaw things with higher death rates, like driving, walking (falls) or going to work (workplace injuries).

Sky falling yet again. And once again. A nothing burger. Wonder what it will be next week? Hoax terrorist attack? Perhaps a meteor gonna crush us all? Who knows? Could almost start a pool predicting the next crisis. Every week like fantasy football or a death pool.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still in the WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE hair-on-fire dumps, huh?

Shut down everything!!! Quarantine for  the whole world! Makes total sense to me. :rolleyes: While we are at it, we should outlaw things with higher death rates, like driving, walking (falls) or going to work (workplace injuries).

Just looking at things scientific rationale perspective. Like most scientist would do. Not even saying we all going to die.