The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

It did seem to care a lot for about 45 minutes this morning.  Weird 

I think it is gonna care about missed earnings as Chinese factories are shutdown, and exports slow.

A lot of people have been saying that having so much manufacturing in China is not a good thing. This is proving that true. I wonder if this means more manufacturing moves out of China? There has to be a Plan B for companies ... well, one would hope there is at least.

While this virus is horrible and tragic on a human level, I wonder what the long term implications for the Chinese economy will be after this disaster?

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

A lot of people have been saying that having so much manufacturing in China is not a good thing. This is proving that true. I wonder if this means more manufacturing moves out of China? There has to be a Plan B for companies ... well, one would hope there is at least.

I think companies were working on Plan B once the trade wars started. Add the virus on to it and any company that did not plan ahead is probably feeling it right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/coronavirus-latest-updates-chinas-hubei-reports-115-additional-deaths.html

KEY POINTS
  • China’s National Health Commission said altogether, there had been a total of 75,465 confirmed cases reported and 2,236 people have died.
  • South Korea has become one of the worst affected places outside mainland China, reporting 52 new cases, bringing national tally over 150. 

South Korea numbers spiking up. Sadly :(

59 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/21/coronavirus-latest-updates-chinas-hubei-reports-115-additional-deaths.html

KEY POINTS
  • China’s National Health Commission said altogether, there had been a total of 75,465 confirmed cases reported and 2,236 people have died.
  • South Korea has become one of the worst affected places outside mainland China, reporting 52 new cases, bringing national tally over 150. 

South Korea numbers spiking up. Sadly :(

I think the S. Koreans were seriously angry at Moon when he announced that he was going to keep his borders open to Chinese nationals.  He said something like S. Korea has to suffer together with China ?. Awful pandering policy.