Virtual Reality training - anyone know if the Bills use it?

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Why does every scenario tell me the best option is to take the check down pass? 

I'm sure he's a much better QB when the threat of being hit isn't real. I have no doubt he suffered a head injury when he got hit against the Cardinals and he was never the same on the field. 

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well I’ve not read anything, but if McD thought it would help, I’m sure he would use it.  The issue is he can’t really tell Allen or anyone what tool to us  The only way any are using this tool is if was given during the season, or they looked for it on their own.

I'm asking specifically if anyone knows if the Bills use this technology.  Yes, that would be during the times when Bills are allowed contact with players (OTA, mini camp, training camp, season)

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'm sure he's a much better QB when the threat of being hit isn't real. I have no doubt he suffered a head injury when he got hit against the Cardinals and he was never the same on the field. 

Well, if we're talking Trentative...he DID have a good game vs. San Diego the following week - 25 of 30 for 261 yds, 8.7 ypa so it wasn't all checkdowns

He had several more good games that season, actually.

So I don't think the facts fit the "poor Trent Edwards got nailed against the Cardinals and was never the same" narrative for 2008.

I think it had more to do with the fact that 2009 was the famous "Can Anyone Play Left Tackle?" season after Peters held out and we traded him to Philly and that in desperation, we cut our OC just before the season.  That's never a good marker for pending offensive success.  Take a not very athletic QB with slow processing and a meh arm, put him behind a crap OL, and give him game plans that don't successfully make the most of what you've got and there you go.  I think that 7 game pounding completely destroyed Edwards desire for the game.

6 hours ago, mattynh said:

Tyrod used to.   

I remember that, there was a piece on it from training camp.  But that was a different FO.

• Like (+1) 1