New Internet Rumor about Bills - getting 3 Primetime games

MAJBobby

47 minutes ago, eball said:

Thinking about this some more I'd almost guarantee that one of the games vs. the Pats*** will be primetime.  I also think KC, Rams, Seattle, SF, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee are possibilities.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hadn’t been there until the game last year. I fell in love with that city and will be back.

@eball, i said a long time ago, Bills-Pats either the Sunday nighter to kick off the year, or the early Monday night game..both at Buffalo. No matter what Brady does, stay or go, compelling storyline to the game..plus the stadium always comes across as a great atmosphere on TV.. 

And yep, Nashville is one away game next year..dont know that it will be "the" game for a takeover, but its the one place where i can fly cheap from Richmond!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, chongli said:

But there are no games that begin at 11 PM ET. Prime time games on the west coast begin at 5 or 5:30 PT and 8 or 8:30 ET.

That was my point.  maybe just not clear enough    Prime Time is 8:30 ET

The only time you get an 11 PM ET is when they do a MNF kickoff double header  and IIRC the latter games is usually 2 west coast teams.  

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The higher than usual ratings for the Cowboys, Steelers, and Texans game will likely lead to at least two Primetime games.  If I had to go with three.....

Bills@Jets TNF,  KC@Bills SNF, Bills@49ers MNF

the bold would be a solid guess, but I think  Buffalo NE Pats*** might be up there too 

With or without Brady 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"Painting Houses" was the code name for wacking a guy in this Mafia family.  It's from blood splattering on the walls.  This is from The Irishman.

"Carpentry" I think means clean up.

Related image

Image result for Irishman gif

i hate this.

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

FFS- not happy if I have to listen to Booger obliterate my enjoyment of a Bills game. 

You have only one real option here. Moving to California. 

done and done!

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You as an Eyetalian American hating The Irishman is like me hating Kung Fu Hustle.  

You and my dad should hang out.  Every time I see the man he asks me if I’ve seen the Irishman. 

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

That was my point.  maybe just not clear enough    Prime Time is 8:30 ET

The only time you get an 11 PM ET is when they do a MNF kickoff double header  and IIRC the latter games is usually 2 west coast teams.  

the bold would be a solid guess, but I think  Buffalo NE Pats*** might be up there too 

With or without Brady 

Either one as TNF seems to be more divisional games. I just don't see Miami getting any prime time games unless they make some major offseason moves and draft Tua.

4 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

Bills -Steelers was actually off a bit from the weekly average of SNF. It was the highest rated game of the week, but TNF had a low outing (Jets-Ravens blowout). That said, Bills should absolutely get some scheduled primetime games this year.

Yeah.  It was 11th out of the 17 NBC prime time slots up to that point.  In all fairness, the Steelers were a pretty darn boring team with Duck Hodges leading the way.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

You and my dad should hang out.  Every time I see the man he asks me if I’ve seen the Irishman. 

If that's the only thing we have in common....hard pass.

By the way, don't forget to put some pre-emergent weed control on your lawn in about 4-6 weeks.  Weeds can be a real pain in the keester if they get out of control.

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

Three of the home games (Rams, Chargers and Seahawks) might get flexed to 4:00, although the Pegula's--like Ralph--are pretty insistent on 1:00 kickoffs...

Seattle should be a Fox game but unlikely to be what Fox likes to call America's Game of the Week at 4 or 4:25 with Buck and Aikman -- it's not like the Cowboys or Patriots are playing, using the Fox mindset.  So I see Seattle as a 1 pm game for that reason, especially if it's on a Fox doubleheader week.  Yeah two good teams but not much national juice.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

"Painting Houses" was the code name for wacking a guy in this Mafia family.  It's from blood splattering on the walls.  This is from The Irishman.

"Carpentry" I think means clean up.

Related image

Image result for Irishman gif

Loved the movie, but DeNiro as Irish??????  Geez and begorrah.

Hopefully this is true.

The Bills are one of the best young teams in the NFL, who have a great defense and always keep games close. 

Seems like the type of team you'd want on TV, even if they're not a huge market. 

KC, New England, Seattle and Pittsburgh all seem like games that have a shot at Prime Time in Buffalo. 

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

@eball, i said a long time ago, Bills-Pats either the Sunday nighter to kick off the year, or the early Monday night game..both at Buffalo. No matter what Brady does, stay or go, compelling storyline to the game..plus the stadium always comes across as a great atmosphere on TV.. 

And yep, Nashville is one away game next year..dont know that it will be "the" game for a takeover, but its the one place where i can fly cheap from Richmond!!!!

Just don’t miss your flight back or you’ll be stuck for a week.  Or.....miss your flight and spend an extra week.

Love the city, was there last weekend for Pred’s vs Sabres. Had a great time, and I’ll be back whenever the Bills are there. I’ll even help @Seasons1992 get served his drinks if it comes to that. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember...DeNiro played an Irishman in Goodfellas.  Jimmy Conway wasn’t Italian so he couldn’t be a Made Man.

I had the same reaction.  Robert DeNiro is a great actor.  Who isn't Irish.

• Like (+1) 1