Another Patriot arrested

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Did any reasons why he was doing this come out?

Yep.

He was running after some dude named Royale with Cheese.

I think the rest can be inferred.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but this isn’t like a Hernandez situation.  Odds are some Bills player will do something dumb in the offseason.  I don’t think that should reflect on the team.  That said, there are teams like the Cowboys and bengals that keep signing scumbags.

I don't see any of the current Bills doing anything DUMB!

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Such a waste of time.  The best part is it’s probably a painkiller or some weed.  But at least it’s not the devil’s lettuce!

I mean I hate the Pats but at some point, when do you stop being responsible for grown men making bad decisions?  And honestly, how much of the population does the same extra thing on a daily basis?

When the Aaron Hernandez special comes off of Netflix? ?‍♂️

It's the Patriots, so I understand the mockery and such.

BUT, if you remove the Pats for a moment(wish the Pats could be removed permanently), it seems pretty crazy that a guy faces felony charges for carrying around the same drugs he could likely acquire quite easily from the team docs. I think the felony charge is pretty crazy and misguided. The arrest should really be centered around the fact that it was just dumb to carry around the drugs without a script, not about the drugs themselves.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's the Patriots, so I understand the mockery and such.

BUT, if you remove the Pats for a moment(wish the Pats could be removed permanently), it seems pretty crazy that a guy faces felony charges for carrying around the same drugs he could likely acquire quite easily from the team docs. I think the felony charge is pretty crazy and misguided. The arrest should really be centered around the fact that it was just dumb to carry around the drugs without a script, not about the drugs themselves.

That's kind of the point of prescription drugs...you need a prescription for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's kind of the point of prescription drugs...you need a prescription for them.

Uh yeah. It's a little different for NFL players.

It's a felony if you don't have a prescription for Oxy's or whatever they do. It's perfectly fine if you're popping them like candy, but HAVE the script.

That makes it somewhat "off" as far as I'm concerned, especially when you take into account the ease with which they're acquired LEGALLY for NFL athletes. 

Not quite sure I understand your point as my assertion was that the drug itself is secondary in the arrest; shoulda just got em from the doctor. When there's a felony charge, I think there should be an actual victim and or serve as some deterrent to activities that lead to crime (even that's dicey because I'm for legalization.) 

Considering he almost certainly could have gotten them from the team, stupidity appears to be the real offense. Not sure that's felonious activity.

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think the saying goes.............

"You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes"

?

True, but in this case his stupid choices won him his stupid prizes (charges of course) :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Uh yeah. It's a little different for NFL players.

It's a felony if you don't have a prescription for Oxy's or whatever they do. It's perfectly fine if you're popping them like candy, but HAVE the script.

That makes it somewhat "off" as far as I'm concerned, especially when you take into account the ease with which they're acquired LEGALLY for NFL athletes. 

Not quite sure I understand your point as my assertion was that the drug itself is secondary in the arrest; shoulda just got em from the doctor. When there's a felony charge, I think there should be an actual victim and or serve as some deterrent to activities that lead to crime (even that's dicey because I'm for legalization.) 

Considering he almost certainly could have gotten them from the team, stupidity appears to be the real offense. Not sure that's felonious activity.

The LAW says otherwise. 

Break the law, pay the penalty. If they were so easily available from the team, why get them illegally? Maybe team doctors knew it was the offseason and they were not appropriate?

It’s a red flag that would actually concern me about the person (not the player). Has he maybe gotten them thru the team so much when it made sense that he now feels the need when it is not appropriate? 

Edited by Augie