Eli Manning: Will He Get Into Canton?

Gugny

Will Eli Manning Get Into the Hall of Fame?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Will Eli Manning Get Into the Hall of Fame?

I think Trey Wingo said it best earlier this week on Golic and Wingo ... you can't tell the story of the NFL without a Eli reference.  Hence HOF.

2 Super Bowl Wins & 2 Super Bowl MVPs = HOF and barring any other retirements this year (Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady - which I don't see  - other SB winning QBs  .. not worried about Rivers .. Eli is a 1st ballot HOF.

This is where stats don't tell the full story. The eye test is so important. What Eli did beating Brady twice was phenomenal and I'll always love him for helping wreck their perfect season. But watching him play since he entered the league, he ain't one of the very best. At all. But I don't vote, and he will get in. 

Personally I never thought Warner was quite good enough for the HOF and he moonwalked in

Bart Starr 1966 Passing
image.thumb.png.5323abd0e3ed45d09e7a0d3fddb1965f.png

Bart Starr 1967 Passing 

image.thumb.png.6d932604ca0b9015f1f42828acd49483.png

Bart Starr HOF induction:

image.thumb.png.26096a06d07438e08005551925d9df22.png

Eli will make the HOF. 

QB involves much more than passing stats. 16 years in the league without missing a start and 2 super bowl wins are plenty enough for induction>

Saying the Super Bow wins are a "team achievement" means no head coach should ever be put into the hall for coaching, because its a team achievement.  The QBs role is to "quarterback the team", a virtual coach on the field.    Eli was exceptional with field generalship, particularly when it mattered.  If his position was "passer" maybe he should not be in. But his position was quarterback and he was great at it. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1