"The Mad Bomber" Lamonica weighs in on JA17

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So when does the statute of limitations on Bills mistakes by FO personnel who are no longer with them run out?

When they leave the Bills? 

When they pass on? 

Never?

From what I can tell, the correct answer is “Never” at least on this board anyways....

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I've got a great story about the original Mad Bomber.  I grew up in the NYC metro area.  Even though the Mad Bomber was caught in 1957 a lot of people in the area were still afraid of bombs years later.  One of them was my mother.  In 1959 my parents bought their 1st house, moving from an apt. in the Bronx to a house in Long Island.  I was a 5 year old kid & was home one morning after we 1st moved in and one of their friends was on his way to work and in a hurry.  He rang the bell, I answered & handed me a little gift wrapped box & said "give this to your mother" and left.  I went to my mother & told her some man dropped the box off and told her what he said.  I didn't recognize him as one of their friends. My mother's 1st thoughts went to the mad bomber (I don't know if she knew he was captured in 1957) and she called the police & they came over to check out the box.  When they opened it they found a little figurine with a note congratulating them on their new homeownership.  

If you never heard of the Mad Bomber who terrorized NY, here's a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Metesky

• Like (+1) 1

Daryl was one of our great players. 

Trading him was one of the premier bone head moves Buffalo ever made!   We got Tom Flores & Art Powell.  I know Tom & Art who???  That old Pirate Al Davis is probably still smiling about that.  Ralph was cheap 50+ years ago too!

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've got a great story about the original Mad Bomber.  I grew up in the NYC metro area.  Even though the Mad Bomber was caught in 1957 a lot of people in the area were still afraid of bombs years later.  One of them was my mother.  In 1959 my parents bought their 1st house, moving from an apt. in the Bronx to a house in Long Island.  I was a 5 year old kid & was home one morning after we 1st moved in and one of their friends was on his way to work and in a hurry.  He rang the bell, I answered & handed me a little gift wrapped box & said "give this to your mother" and left.  I went to my mother & told her some man dropped the box off and told her what he said.  I didn't recognize him as one of their friends. My mother's 1st thoughts went to the mad bomber (I don't know if she knew he was captured in 1957) and she called the police & they came over to check out the box.  When they opened it they found a little figurine with a note congratulating them on their new homeownership.  

If you never heard of the Mad Bomber who terrorized NY, here's a link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Metesky

You don't find nice neighbors like that anymore.  Did your Mom have a laugh about that?

2 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

“I talked to Ralph Wilson the night before and he told me, ‘You’re going to come back and be our starting quarterback,’ ” Lamonica says. “And eight hours later I was traded. I was absolutely devastated.”

Yet another example, Ralph is cheap.

Hahahahah Ralph made OJ the highest paid player in the NFL, made Jim Kelly the highest paid NFL player. 

The early 90s teams were called the million dollar bills... The early 2000s Ralph made Derrick dockery the highest paid guard in NFL history

Few years later made Mario Williams the highest paid defensive player in NFL history

And he kept the Bills here for like 50 years...

That's the most ignorant opinion ever and Ralph IS THE BUFFALO BILLS

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Remember when the team used to inexplicably cut useful players right before the season started to save money even when the cap was not an issue?

Ralph sucked and the Bills were a joke because of him.

Root for a different team because he's the only reason we have a team

Remember when he built a team that won back to back afl championships?

You're post is a joke

Edited by Buffalo716

@2020 Our Year For Sure

1) Won 2 AFL championships

2) made OJ highest paid NFL player

3) Made Jim highest paid NFL player

4) 90s Bills were called million dollar bills

5) Derrick Dockery became Highest paid NFL guard

6) Mario Williams became Highest paid defender in league history

7) Gave Dareus 100 million dollars

? HoF owner

None of that equals cheap or not trying.. it's called he spent money on the wrong people

Made OJ the highest paid in the 70s, Jim in the 80s , Mario Highest paid defender when he signed..  he always threw around money just not at the right people

Literally HE IS THE BILLS

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

This thread is not about Lamonica. It is about his opinion of Allen

Link is to a story about Lamonica which includes his opinion of Allen.

OP was 50% about Lamonica nickname and OP later expanded on it.

I guess you should tell a mod that the title is misleading you.:flirt:

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's the most ignorant opinion ever and Ralph IS THE BUFFALO BILLS

Gotta disagree.................Bills fans ARE THE BILLS.

Now more than ever.

The Buffalo Bills fanbase was born in the 1940's..........Ralph came from Detroit in 1959,  opened up shop to feed the demand,  took the name and managed them mercurially for 5 + decades.

Ralph deserves a lot of credit and earned at least as much scorn.

First rule of management..........running a losing franchise is your fault.

• Like (+1) 2